HGP - Kids Rooms 2018

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
This week, we focus on kids' rooms for deep-cleaning, decluttering and organizing so that there's room to spare for holiday gifts.

Our holiday prep assignments include assembling freezer meals, working on hand-crafted gifts, and continuing to buy gifts and holiday supplies.

Ready? Let's get organized with the Holiday Grand Plan!

http://holidaygrandplan.com/holiday-grand-plan/06-kids-rooms-week

Reactions: Minta

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
I think this year will be heavy on new clothes! A lot of items to toss and sort through this week.

Next week is our Canadian Thanksgiving (second Monday in October), so I am also prepping for that. This weekend we went Apple picking and I've been busy canning Apple sauce, drying Apple chips, making Apple butter and need to finish up with a few jars for Apple pie filling. I did the Apple sauce in the Instant Pot this year - was excellent!

Slowly making a stockpile for holiday goodie baking, and replenishing the freezer.

Have ordered several items for Christmas gifts from Etsy, wrapping paper from last year and have been working on the gift tags.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Kid Room Tasks:

[X] Go through all toys, get rid of trash, take excess toys upstairs to play room
[X] Empty and reorganize closet area, shelves, etc.
[X] Go through books, take ones he's outgrown to play room or donation area, organize remaining
[X] Dust shelves
[X] Strip and remake bed
[ ] Dust ceiling fan
[ ] Dust blinds
[ ] Dust panels inset into door
[X] Sweep floor, empty trash

Holiday Prep Tasks:

[/] Review gifts to give list - In progress
[X] Complete Master Make Ahead Meals list
[X] Make one freezer meal or meal compenent
[ ] Decorate for Halloween!
[/] Finalize plans for Christmas classroom treats - Done!/Begin purchasing supplies
[ ] Start working on Christmas cards
[X] Buy at least two non-perishable items from Master Grocery List
[X] Start wrapping gifts
[ ] Work on adding items to DS Amazon wish list
[ ] Start planning home staged picture session for DS and dogs for Christmas card photo
[X] Buy at least one stocking stuffer
[/] Craft on Christmas gifts!!!

Last edited:

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
We did the kids rooms Labor day weekend but right now you couldn't tell :eek: Sometimes I think rooms are like mini black holes, what they take in there may never be seen again. I swear under my DD's bed and dresser is a breading ground for water bottles .. they just seem to multiple.

We will be decorating for Halloween this weekend.

Gift shopping is on hold until we get the Christmas Club check later this month.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Black holes is RIGHT! It's scary, it really is!

Mine likes to "create" things out of paper - and leave them all over every available surface - which makes it hard to clean, de-clutter, etc.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Black holes is RIGHT! It's scary, it really is!

Mine likes to "create" things out of paper - and leave them all over every available surface - which makes it hard to clean, de-clutter, etc.
AJ time to give DS designated area (desk or small table) for creating and creation and if not in the said area it is consider unwanted and can be tossed. Once a couple of wanted items are tossed better care of them will occur.