HGP - Living Room/Question Week 2018

Discussion in 'Holiday Grand Plan' started by HouseElf, Sep 2, 2018.

1. HouseElf

HouseElf Well-Known Member

2. HouseElf

As I've been chased inside, by much needed rain - I've started the task of going through our board games and filling in the questions form. Not much has changed on the sheet since last year!
    Still a focus on family together, music, holiday movies, decorations and food!
    Traditions for Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and family Advent at home remains firm.

I will do a steam clean of couch and repair the small seam tear. Going through books and donating any that I don't 'love'. Will give all a good dusting before putting them back on shelves.

My new project in this room is to purchase about 5 to 7 similar frames and find pictures for holidays featuring my boys over the years (autumn/Hallowe'en, winter/Christmas... etc) and I can rotate them :)

Holiday_Mom and luludou like this.
  3. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Tam, I like the idea of rotating photos. One of the jobs I have jotted in my planner is to frame some more photos. I also need to take photos of the kids this Christmas and print them out. Way to many photos on phones etc

4. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

I have started deep cleaning the living room. Lots of dog hair in unexpected place-- Yuck!!

Most of it is dusting and vacuuming. I will removed the couch cushion covers and wash them when everyone is it at work/school later in the week.

I need to find time and the energy to clean out the coat closet (it is in the living room). So much stuff gets stuffed in there.

5. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Tam love the idea of the pictures for the Holidays

6. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

Our livingroom gets a good cleaning once a month. With kids, a dog and a cat it needs to be once a month LOL. Vacuumed the sectional yesterday and made sure I got in between each section. The window does need to be cleaned but I like to do all the windows at once. I just steam mopped it last week so I wont do that again for another week.

7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

im getting my living room painted he has to replace one wall and then start on it. im getting boxes today to pack up my dvd s and some other stuff to make room he will start on fri i cant wait. ive been looking at paint charts to decide on a color

8. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Weather was a problem this weekend, lots of rain prevented me from cleaning rugs out on deck - and then at about 1PM yesterday the power went out and didn't come back on until late last night. Double drat!

Still got a lot done though!!! Will just have to make up the rest during the evenings this week!

Living Room/Hallway Week

[X] Take dog beds to laundry mat/Get out new dog bed - Throw away chewed up one
    [X] Wash the dogs :)
    [ ] Vacuum couch including under cushions
    [X] Clean large arched window
    [ ] Dust ceiling corners for cobwebs
    [X] Dust ceiling fans
    [X] Clean large mirror
    [X] Dust tops of books
    [X] Arrange books so even with edge of shelf
    [X] Clean glass in antique cabinet, inside and out
    [X] Rub down wood on antique cabinet
    [/] Dust (picture frames, entertainment center, etc.) - Need to do frames still
    [ ] Clean TV screen
    [ ] Dust blinds
    [ ] Clean windows
    [ ] Clean light switches
    [ ] Vacuum floor
    [ ] Wash tile areas
    [ ] Wash wood flooring
    [ ] Clean rugs - Was prevented by not knowing our cleaner needs minor repair and by the weather! Ugh!
    [ ] Clean lights outside doors to the deck
    [X] Decorate for Fall

Holiday Prep Tasks

[ ] Buy extra groceries from non-perishable list
    [ ] Make 2 freezer meals or meal components
    [ ] Buy at least one stocking stuffer
    [ ] Order return address labels for Christmas Cards

9. AuntJamelle

Holiday Prep Update:

[X] Buy extra groceries from non-perishable list - Was able to do this last night and was super pleased to find not only tapioca starch but tapioca based powdered sugar that I need for a special cookie recipe this year! Went ahead and just got them now so I know I have them!
    [X] Buy at least one stocking stuffer - Got three! And 4 presents!

Freezer items are scheduled for this weekend! Will work on ordering return address labels today!

10. AuntJamelle

Ordered my return address labels! One more thing checked off the list!!!

11. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

My living room is done... except for mopping the floor. I posted pics on my blog. I bought 4 extra items for holiday baking... things I don't want to run out of. Will buy a few more next week.

I am still on Pinterest trying to decided what to make for gifts.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  12. HouseElf

Completed this room and made a list of a few items that we will need over the holidays - and ordered several online :)
    Candles are a big part of our holidays from Thanksgiving to New Years, so placed our order!

DS mentioned a game he would like, so added it to my master gift list. It's a board game so will be great for playing as a family.

AuntJamelle likes this.