HGP-- Porch/List Week 2018

Discussion in 'Holiday Grand Plan' started by cmerth, Aug 26, 2018.

1. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

I have started!!! I swept off both of my porches. Good-bye spider webs!! I trimmed back the mint plants and then (gasp) I repainted the front porch. My teen son said that it looked tons better... then it must. :)

My plan of attack is to work on one list per day starting tomorrow-- gift lists, menus...

I am off and running. Now to keep up the momentum. I still have some cleaning to do on the porches but at least the worst clean up is done. I might re-paint the back door as well. Decisions. Decisions.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

WTG Carrie!

I won't do porch until later--when putting up fall decorations.

I am also going to attempt a plan but will be kinda my own. List(s) will also be at the top.

I went thru the tote of items I have for The Christmas Shoebox Operation this a.m. and have just 3 or 4 things to pick up and then will be ready. Will get the money put back for the postage for them. We each were going to do one and that would make 5 and there is 6 age groups so did another one.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  3. Rose94

Rose94 Active Member

I am going to make my list this week and decide which week I will do which room. Some rooms will need more work than others.
    Front porch (step) will be done later towards end of September in time to decorate for thanksgiving.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  4. HouseElf

HouseElf Well-Known Member

Porches are well on their way. Spray painted the cafe table and washed down the chairs.
    Windows will need some cleaning this week and a few touch ups of paint.
    Have scheduled Sunday's to maintain porches and yards as we work through the plan.

Binder is put together and ready!

AuntJamelle likes this.
  5. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

OH, Houseelf... maintain days are good ideas.

6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Too early for porches and outdoor cleaning for us. will have to get done end of september or early October, as well as windows.
    Working on gifts - handmade and buying the others

AuntJamelle likes this.
  7. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Jumped in and got started with a bang yesterday! Despite being outside feeling like inhabiting a wet sponge - YUCK!

I'll buy stocking stuffer(s) and items from Master Grocery List on Wed night when I go to the stores. Will have to figure out when to go buy the new white LED lights for fall decor - might be Wed night as well.

Planning to try and continue work on windows during the other evenings. Even if I do one window a night that will be something! Anything I can do to get a jump on Living Room week will be helpful - especially since the room will be in some disorder due to DH starting project to put in our fireplace - so excited!!!!!

Wk of Aug 26th – Front Porch

[X] Sweep down cobwebs
    [X] Clean outside of windows
    [X] Clean screens if needed (N/A this year)
    [X] Clean porch lights
    [X] Clean front of door, polish, clean inside door frame, etc.
    [X] Sweep porch and steps, vacuum rug
    [X] Wipe down iron porch railings
    [X] Put up fall wreath
    [X] Clean up front flower beds (deadhead, etc.)
    [X] Weed sidewalk
    [X] If possible, clean inside of front windows in both bedrooms
    [ ] If possible, get jumpstart on living room windows too

Here is a shot of the finished area! Notice the pretty new wishing well DH built for DS! :) Copper leafing on the roof!

upload_2018-8-27_8-51-25.png

Holiday Prep:

[In Progress] Gifts to Give (Continue work on Christmas Gift list already underway)
    [ ] Christmas Card List updated
    [X] Parties to host Planning Documents
    [X] Menus for all holidays, parties, etc.
    [X] 2018 Baking List, including food gifts
    [X] Make Ahead Meals 2018
    [X] Long Term Shopping List divided into Non-Perishable and Perishable
    [X] Update Google calendar for rest of year
    [X] Master Craft List
    [ ] Buy extra grocery items from non-perishable part of Master Grocery List
    [ ] Review DS’s toys and target items to be donated
    [X] Setup manilla envelope to hold gift receipts and determine location
    [ ] Buy at least 1 stocking stuffer
    [ ] 2018 ONLY *** Purchase warm white LED lights for Fall decor - and for upcoming Chr decor ***

HouseElf and Holiday_Mom like this.
  8. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Aunt Jamelle, You have gotten a lot done! You have a nice porch.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  9. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Dh started with putting a new coat of stain on the back deck. I took out the leaf blower to clean off the front porch. Next time we have the power washer out I'll clean the front porch rug.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  10. AuntJamelle

I used the power washer to clean the siding on the front of the house - made QUICK work of an otherwise long process!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

You have all made a terrific start, I am itching to get going.
    AJ, your house is gorgeous and I am having wishing well envy.

AuntJamelle likes this.
  12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

AJ you have a beautiful house! Your DH built a beautiful well.
    Everyone is doing great! Every little bit counts :)

AuntJamelle likes this.
  13. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

If you go to Flylady's website site and click on zones. She has a great detailed list for cleaning porches.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2018
    AuntJamelle likes this.
  14. AuntJamelle

Love Flylady!

cmerth likes this.
  15. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

my son cleaned my porch hes so nice i cant take the heat. i did my kitchen took the blinds down and cleaned them windows ceilings on top of the cabinets cleaned the top part of stove just did oven last week. now my kitchen is clean. im going to get a exhaust fan tired of the grease build up and frying smells. im tired now

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  16. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

I posted pics of the cleaned up porches on my blog. Now I want to decorate them for fall.

17. Rose94

Rose94 Active Member

Have yet to start my list but have printed off the pages to make my list and marked on calendar in pencil the room weeks as they are listed. Will be changing them out as I decide which room I will do each week.

They shown up Monday and took my front step and sidewalk out. Yesterday they put the forms in to pour new ones and there they sit. Hopefully today or at the latest tomorrow they do the pouring. They do so many steps etc before calling in the truck and with us in a heat wave— feeling like 40C it’s slow going.

cmerth likes this.
  18. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

I am waiting until next month to do the front porch. Way to hot right now plus I want to repaint the front door before we start decorating for fall and Halloween.

cmerth likes this.
  19. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

My front porch will be done in a few weeks when I will also look at the back patio.

20. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I hosed off the front porch floor. I think I need to wash down the siding too.