HGP vs the HHP which is right?

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land

Sugarplum

MHH Member
Jan 4, 2013
Florida
Thanks for posting this! Answers a lot of questions.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
your welcome. I know I was unsure of all the differences so I figured others might could use it also.

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
Thank you! I am struggling as to which plan to follow. I always "fall off" the HGP when the CC begins. So it sounds as though the HHP might be the better plan for me.

I am starting with the HGP this year because I am familiar with it and honestly, my front porch needs work this week :)

I am still thinking about switching and I may switch in a week or so. I'm looking hard at the beginning week of the HHP and I need to work on that area also :) I am gonna do some serious reading ahead to see if the HHP is really for me or if I am gonna stay with the HGP.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
A couple of years ago, I took a notebook and listed both out according to what each week covered. It really helped me to see them side by side to see which I wanted to use. I thought it was HGP, but it's HHP that I like best. Then, according to the rooms I have in my house, I tweaked it to meet my needs. I have each listed in my notebook including the Christmas Countdown, and I refer to each at different times to see if it has some thing I want to toss into the mix. I guess what I'm saying is any can be taken and modified to meet each of us individually. I think we get so stuck on doing whichever one we choose perfectly and to the "T" that we forget it is supposed to be a tool that helps us and guide us, not nail us to the wall!

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
You are very right. i have done the same thing. put both into my calendar and did which worked best for me at that time.

dreamto

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
MissJane, I just may have to do the weekly comparisons. Great idea :)

Cindylouwho

Premiere Member
Nov 4, 2007
I did the side by side comparison some years back (was going to post it but I must have scribbled it down on paper as it is not on my computer). I do FlyLady year-round and that keeps going even through these plans. So really I was meshing 3 schedules. Houseworks/ HHP meshed more closely with the FlyLady housekeeping plan I already had in place.

Nanato3

Retire Member
May 19, 2013
Garland, TX
This is my first year do a plan and after comparing the two plans, I think I want to do a hybrid of both plans. But if I do that what thread would I post in? I like having the support of the threads, but would I post in both or just one?