HHP - 2018 - Week 14: Storage

Discussion in 'House & Holiday Plan' started by Holiday_Mom, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

2. Holiday_Mom

The last two weeks were so busy with Thanksgiving and family and life. As much as I wanted to get things checked off my list, it was best to be present in the moment.

This Week's Household Checklist:

• Organize storage areas. DONE
    • Assess decor storage needs. DONE
    This Week's Holiday Prep Checklist:

• Status check. Overall, things are looking good. I spent 8 hours catching up on the wrapping yesterday. It felt good to get a good portion of it done. Several batches of cookies have been baked by my children. The Christmas Eve menu is well under way. I do have to get the decorations and Christmas plates out.
    • Keep tracking online orders that haven’t arrived yet. A few emails have been sent that delivery will take longer than first thought. I don’t want to forget them.
    • Begin family Advent observances. I need to pull out the candles today. DONE
    • Begin working off my Christmas Eve preparation list. In Progress
    Still to do:

• Send out invitations. DONE
    • Put up interior Christmas decorations. DONE
    • Keep wrapping gifts.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2018 at 10:58 AM
  3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

• Mail Christmas cards
    • Cook and freeze sausages (veal), cook and freeze italian sausages (cut in slices)
    • Make thumbprint cookies
    • Keep up with household chores
    • Continue wrapping
    • Finalize last gifts

4. Holiday_Mom

Christmas storage is under control. I was able to find what I needed. Invitations were sent out. A good portion of the interior decorations are out. I want to get the rest up tonight. More gifts have been wrapped.

I am now working off my detailed Christmas Eve Prep list. We are getting a tree on Saturday and the furniture has to be moved for that.

5. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Mary, you are doing Great!

6. Holiday_Mom

I attended the first of four Christmas concerts this season last night. Now it feels like Christmas is coming.

I got some more decorations up this week. I have a few more to do today. Got some more wrapping done. Working off the Christmas Eve Prep list is helping me to remember the details I forgot about from last year.

We're going out for a tree tomorrow and we're bringing dh's co-worker who just arrived from Japan for a meeting. He'll get to experience what us cRazy Americans do for a tree. :D:eek:

7. Holiday_Mom

Friday night we finished up the interior decorating. It's starting to all come together now.