Holiday Decor Purchases for 2016...

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Has anyone started picking up decor items from the stores yet? As usual, Hobby Lobby has Fall through Christmas out in full swing already! :)

I picked up a couple of space themed blown glass ornaments for DS's tree today - 40% off

I debated picking up some light timers or wreath hangers but am holding off until I can go through my boxes upstairs.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Been to the stores alot over the weekend and there was nothing out yet :(

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Nothing here yet either. We will have to get through Fathers Day on September 4th, a few weeks of Spring Sales and halfway through Halloween promos before Christmas starts. Last year things started to appear the 2nd week of October with full displays completed pretty much the first week of November. Only one store will have anything before but they have changed owners this year so not sure of they will continue the early tradition. Items will start to appear in fabric/ craft supply stores from late September. Some fabric only is out now but the choice is limited.

HouseElf

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Oct 12, 2007
Ontario, Canada
www.pinterest.com
Really would like to purchase a new tree this year - a very tall thin narrow tree for the diningroom.

I have a list of 'wish list' items, but not likely to work on that till the new garage is built (next year) and the new windows are finished being installed.
On my list:

1. 15 faux evergreen wreaths (that I will add red burlap bows and pinecones)
  2. white icicle lights for the porches
  3. spot lights for the trees in the garden
  4. faux evergreen garland (to make swags for the porch railings and the mailbox)

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
From the stores Not yet .. but I did pick up a couple of things really cheap at yard sales. Have to finish back to school shopping for the kids first. We did buy a bunch od new décor last year after Halloween and Christmas.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Surprisingly there's nothing in the stores yet. Usually Dollar Tree will have a few things out, leftover from last year, but nothing yet.

I can't wait for Walmart to start their holiday layaways. Last year they started on August 28th.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I haven't bought anything for Christmas, but I was at Hobby Lobby several weeks ago when fall was 40% off. I bought a metal cutout Jack-o-lantern for the front yard.

nicurn92

MHH Member
Sep 25, 2008
I bought a cheap(ish) santa suit on amazon to hang out on the clothline that I don't have yet... :) but that's going to go under the deck so you see it when you drive up to my house. I need to go to the 2nd hand store and find some boots to go with it... :) (damn pinterest! :) )

Reactions: Cathymac2

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Oh, dear, Michael's and ribbon are a deadly combination here. I love decorating our tree with ribbon too. Oh, and packages, and hanging things with ribbon and whatever ideas pop into my head.

Reactions: Cathymac2

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We were at Home Depot yesterday and they had some awesome Halloween decor. They had these neat projection lights in different patterns like ghosts, skeletons, spiders, bats, witches, etc. and they project the images onto your house. They were only $19.99 and they project up to 15 feet. I'm debating on getting one.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I picked up a little black Halloween tree at JoAnn's today - 40% off + another 25% with a coupon they mailed me. I have a few small blown glass Halloween ornaments that will look super cute hanging from the tree!

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Awesome AuntJamelle. I'm doing a tree too but fall themed. This weekend is calling for rain. So I'm using it as an opportunity to put up my fall decorations. Just finished breakfast so I better get started.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
I'm making a cool 31 wooden Halloween decor piece. It's turning out pretty cute. I'll share when I get it done.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Made this yesterday for my dining table.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Aggy, that's great!