Holiday Grand Plan 2012

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Thanks Diedra! I printed out the calendar months from September to December. Will have to start penciling in what needs to be done each week until Christmas (extras for Christmas - not regular housechores).... appointments that need to be taken for Christmas, party dates when known, food that needs to be added to the freezer, a few things to add each week... etc... will get the one from last year out and start from there. I want to plan the weekends to see how many are 'free' until Christmas to be able to do my Christmas planning. Wrapping parties need to be added too.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
Oh! Oh! Oh! super excited now! :)

Just one thing I noticed though. The 2012 calendars show a start date of Sunday, Aug 27th.

My calendars show that the 27th is a Monday in August this year. So it seems the calendars may be a day off. No big deal, but thought I'd mention it.

I've been making mental lists of things I need to get done BEFORE the HGP starts. I have three paint jobs around the house I need to get out of the way!

Off to peruse the links!!!

DebbiGall

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oh! Oh! Oh! super excited now! :)

Just one thing I noticed though. The 2012 calendars show a start date of Sunday, Aug 27th.

My calendars show that the 27th is a Monday in August this year. So it seems the calendars may be a day off. No big deal, but thought I'd mention it.

I've been making mental lists of things I need to get done BEFORE the HGP starts. I have three paint jobs around the house I need to get out of the way!

Off to peruse the links!!!
Your right Aunt Jamelle Looks like they made a little foo pa on the dates, mine shows the 27th to be on a Monday also. Guess we can just go threw and change all the dates on the calendar after we print it out.

Winged One

Retire Member
Sep 2, 2008
Fluttering happily in the clouds!!
Thanks Aunt Jamelle for pointing it out!!

I am thinking I might just change the days of the week across the top, as I tend to start on a Monday anyway, and the calendars I use elsewhere all start on Mondays, to it would work that way too.

But if you are a "week starts on Sunday" person, that wouldn't work for you.

Kim Loves Snow

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Aug 3, 2008
Richmond, Virginia
VERY happy about this!!!! Now I need to get our printer hooked up!

Saquilla

Retire Member
May 15, 2010
Perth, Australia
Oh my goodness!

It's so close! HGP/HHP is really the beginning of Christmas for me :)

Love it though - when it gets to November I often have moments of "Oh no! Nearly Christmas!", which are then instantly followed by "Oh it's ok, I've already got everything organised. Phew!"

Last night I messaged my brother and sister to get the ball rolling on my parent's stocking fillers (we all add to it). It is July after all!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I too got all excited and started reviewing the site. I don't usually use their printable calendars because I find that what works best for me is combining the HHP and the HGP. I begin the HHP the day after July 4th and then just go right into the HGP when it begins on August 26th. The first round helps me to get the major decluttering and organizing done while the follow through with the HGP allows me to touch up and decorate each room as I go for (fall/Halloween/Thanksgiving). During the first week there is always a wall that needs touching up where scratched, grout that needs fixing, a fixture that needs to be repaired and other major tasks. This is the time to deal with it instead of adding it to an already overloaded todo list. During the second round with HGP it becomes easier to deal with changing out clothes and linens for the seasons, redecorating or just having fun warming up that area for the fall and winter seasons without overlooking or covering up major to do's.

farmerswife

MHH Member
Oct 14, 2007
Central Wisconsin
redirecting my brain

I've been away from MHH for a while, but the flurry of new messages to one of my watch threads has brought me back.

Once again as always in July and August my mind turns towards Christmas planning. Happy to be back in the saddle again.

~ Farmerswife

AnnieClaus

Premiere Member
Nov 6, 2007
Southern Arizona
All of a sudden I got excited for the Holiday Grand Plan!!

Annie

Merry Christmas

MHH Member
Oct 16, 2007
Rocky Mountains
I've got to get ink for my printer and start getting my binder ready. I did write everything in my planner at work, so no matter where I am, I know what's going on. I know, I'm a nut that way.

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
I like that approach, ejagno! I had something similar in mind this year too, but not so organized.

I'm just thinking that certain painting and repair jobs need to get crossed off the list before HGP starts. Because once it starts, there ain't no way! lol

Now the trick is finding a way to fit in painting jobs when toddler is out of the house - which pretty much means taking time off of work during the week. I'm hoping two days, one this month and one next, will do the trick.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
But if you are a "week starts on Sunday" person, that wouldn't work for you.

I never realized how I am a "wsoS" person until I picked up a daytimer refill starting with a Sunday. Had to toss it because I kept thinking it started with Sunday instead of Monday. lol

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Annie, I was looking for the "LIKE" button on your post....LOL I hear ya...I do get excited too!

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Aunt Jamelle; If it weren't for being sidetracked I dream of being organized. I hit a snag in my plan when I fell sick this past week so I'm still working on my office/laundry room. I'd said I was going to do laundry and paperwork today but instead I've been scrubbing walls and cabinets, rearranging the storage in here, wiping down ceilings and walls and I haven't touched the laundry or paperwork yet. LOL Oh well, break is over so time to get back at it.