Holiday Pillowcases

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
I'm off, once again, to the local Wal-Mart, JoAnns and Hancock Fabrics to buy holiday material! I am making pillowcases for everyone! I found the cutest Christmas poem that goes with the Christmas pillowcase and so MOST are getting part of their Christmas present by December 1 - especially the "girls" at the office!
I am also making monthly pillowcase for my granddaughter (GD) and niece (niece is in college and looks forward to the BIG monthly envelope!).
Happy sewing to all!
Now, just what can I make for NEXT year!?! :bigsnow:

prairiesnow

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
Idaho
campncook - Would you be willing to share the "cute Christmas poem" you found that you will use with the Christmas pillowcases? Sounds like they would be a good gift for a wide variety of ages. TIA :grin:

Jadyne

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
I love the idea of a case of the month. Do share the peom if you're able.

MissyToes

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
This couldn't be the poem that you found- that I posted on Sept 17 on Organizedchristmas, under Christmas pillowcases, could it?

>>>"I found this poem and thought that making a family Christmas pillowcases for December would be a fun and economical gift! Here is the poem:

Dear___________________

This pillow case was made
with love just for you,
to help all your Christmas
dreams come true!

The reason it’s special
as you can see,
is that it’s dusted with
Christmas fancy!

On December 1st put it on
your pillow and then on your bed,
so each night Christmas dreams
can dance in your head!

Use it all through December
till Christmas is here,
to make your Christmas magical,
full of love and good cheer!

If your pillow case gets dirty,
or needs to be washed,
be sure to do it quickly
so no magic is lost!

And so as you sleep on your
Christmas pillow each night,
your magical Christmas dreams
will begin to take flight.

Love, ____________________________"<<<

If it is-sometimes it's nice to give credit where credit is due.

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
Thanks for posting the poem. Have a friend who is going through really hard times, think I will make one for her. It's something she would never do for herself. It will bring a smile to her face every night.

:package:

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
Here are a few websites that I "googled"...
http://www.theideadoor.com/Holidays/Christmas
http://www.grammygoose.com/home.html
look under Poetry Corner
blessingpillow.com

Here are a few more ideas I was able to cut-n-paste...

You could adapt the Christmas one for other holidays. The first verse is basically the one that changes. Only the holiday word changes in the last verse. Hope this helps.

Toys and stockings
Candy and more
Christmas is coming
Just like before.

This case should go
Upon your bed
The perfect place
To rest your head

It’s filled with magic
And made just for you
So your Easter dreams
Will all come true!

First verse for other holidays

Hearts and flowers
Candy and more
Valentine Day's coming
Just like before.

Leprechauns, pots of gold
Shamrocks and more
St. Patricks Day's coming
Just like before.

Ghosts and goblins
Witches and more
Halloween is coming
Just like before.

Candy filled baskets
Bunnies and more
Easter is coming
Just like before.

Pillowcase Poem

Now I lay me down to sleep
I'll count these hands instead of sheep
And think of all the friends I made
When at ____________ House I played.
(put this poem on a pillowcase with their friends handprints on it)

:skate:

pixiestick

Santa's Elves
Nov 20, 2007
I am a novice sewer and this would be a great project for me to practice my sewing! I could make one for each holiday for my DD- she would love that!

Can you direct me to a good pillowcase pattern? Never looked for one before....

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
When I did mine last time. I just used a pillowcase that we had and kinda figured it out from there.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
Jackfrosty one year I did easter ones for the kids and put their easter stuff in them. I don't like todo traditional easter baskets I like to find other things.

JayOkie

Retire Member
Oct 19, 2007
NE Oklahoma
After reading this post, I purchased holiday fabric at WM on 12-26. Our local WM had a sorry selection, but I got enough for my kids, grands, gr-grands, & mom. Later that morning, I learned my neice & her husb were shopping 'their' WM! and had a much better selection. They called me, described fabric over the phone, and got more fabric. (he had as much fun with it as she did!) I had 3 or 4 pieces at home.

So I can now make holiday throw pillows for 22 people with little duplication. (None within a family). I've started buying the suffing, and hope to use the Rudy Day concept to get the pillows stitched up. No room to store completed pillows so will store them flat, & fill them about October.

A side note: Niece/nephew had already been to WM for a large purchase of fabric for her 08 plans. He knows the lady who was cutting fabric that day. When he took the large stash to the table (her 'extras' and mine), he told the lady he wanted 1/8 (yep, approx. 4.5") of each kind!!!! :rotflol: He corrected it, of course, but we've had a good laugh from his teasing her!

Thanks for all the neat tips/ideas I've gleaned from here. Hopefully, I can help someone this year!

A belated happy New Year!! to all.

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
Wow, what a great idea -- pillowcases for every season/holiday!! I love the poems that go with them, too. I just might have to do this for kids in my family!! Wish I'd seen this post earlier so that I could have gotten some Christmas fabric on clearance, but I'll be ready when it comes out in the fall.
I just had a thought -- this would be a GREAT beginner's sewing project for my DD8 to help with.