Humid Tuesday, 8-13-2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pam Spaur, Aug 13, 2019.

1. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, Everyone.

2. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Yes, it is humid once again. Ugh! No wonder I was so miserable yesterday. The swear just dripped off me. And even more humid today. Just what I need. Can you see the sarcasm dripping from my mouth? Double ugh.

I woke up about 3:15, and have not been back to sleep since. However, I think I will go back to sleep very,very soon. I just want steady, even weather. Temps, humidity, rainfall. Is that too much to ask? I think not! Lol

Well, have a great day. Stay safe and be blessed. I am not thinking really straight right now, so I will go back to sleep for a while. Maybe I will get back on here and make some sense. TTYL!!!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Lolwlias

Lolwlias Active Member

Good morning. Tonight I'm going to attempt paining the ceiling in the family room. The new floor goes in on Saturday. I need all the painting done by then. I haven't picked out a color for the walls yet. It shouldn't be so hard, but yet it is.

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Got up to use the bathroom about 3:30 and it was lightening and then the thunder and rain came. Yesterday a.m. we got 1.2 and then it got to about 98 with heat index they said close to 110. They said rest of week wouldn't be as hot until week-end of course. Up around Granite City and that way they got like 6 to 8" and water was ALL over. Pictures all over TV.

Open House for Teigan last night. We went and then Jaymee, Teigan, Allen and I went to eat at the Pub. Then Allen and I went by Dollar General and I checked the library and I had 3 books in and then we went looking for deer and saw SEVERAL!

Nothing done here tho.

I better go roll hair and make a hamburger for lunch.

Have a GREAT day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. suppose to rain today. no pool my grandson and i will find something to do inside. i want to decorate for fall. have a good day

6. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I am up early and have sheets in the washer. I started preparing the bedrooms for DS;s family. I also have to vacuum and dust and get all the gluten put away in the kitchen. It will be a busy day. They are making the 8 hour drive after DS is done with a church leadership meeting this evening so I expect they will arrive between 4 and 6 am tomorrow morning. Guess Grandma with be trying to keep children quiet while Mom and Dad sleep.
    I need to run to Walmart here in a minute to get some cereal they like to eat. I buy the stuff that doesn't fit mom and dad's budget. It makes it special. Unfortunately, pink eye is coming with them. Dgd(8) got it last week and now Dgd(3) has it. Sure hope Dgd(5) doesn't get it. Time will tell.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

The cat story I promised. DD thought it would be nice to bring her cat with her to MI. She got grandma's
    permission as long as she put her in the basement. Rosie (the cat) had never been out of their apartment. Do you know how many nooks and crannies there are in a basement that is finished like a studio apt.? Lots!!!
    The dear cat could not be found anywhere when we returned from the reunion. Prior to our leaving she was found curled up in the back of the freezer and she was put on her leash and tie to the support post near everything she needed. Hmmm. Her owner (DD) felt bad the cat was fighting the restraint and unleashed her before we left. So after 3 hours of looking in the ceiling (drop kind) , numerous empty boxes, around the furnance and evey conceivable place She was found under the sink cabinet (it has no backing). We had to pull the toe kick off to get her out. DD was upstairs in tears when we found her. I am pretty sure Rosie will not be going for anymore visits.

PamelaG, teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  8. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning! It's humid here too, with higher temps and storms in the forecast. I didn't sleep too well, again. What is new? :rolleyes:

I am going to lunch in town with my dance moms today. Seems like we are all trying to squeeze in everything on our summer bucket lists these last few days before school begins. Then it's back home to get M to soccer camp.

Jody...that cat story is funny!

Hope you have a blessed day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Lots of rain during the night, which is a good thing. sunny and nice out today.
    Haven't done much this morning... been looking online for a place to rent for parent's 55th wedding anniversary.
    Just ordered some Christmas goodies on Alliexpress :)
    Wanted to cut some flowers but the garbage is full! dh said to wait until next week.
    Need to take a bath before doc's appointment at 3:30 and then to the pharmacy to pick up some scripts.
    Watching a Christmas movie (Christmas everlasting) right now.

Later

10. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I slept well until about 4:20 or so this morning. I went to bed early last night. This morning I am sitting at a table at the PX with information on the Spouses Club to hand out. We cannot entice people to come to the table but can talk to them when they come up and give them information. So I will be sitting there for two hours by myself because I was the only one that volunteered for this shift. Two other girls will be at the Commissary at the same time. I'm really wishing I hadn't volunteered at all because I would much rather be home doing schoolwork. Oh well, i'll be right by Starbucks and can people watch I suppose. I may take my Nook with me just in case I get really bored and no one comes to the table. I'm not sure anyone is replacing me either. Not many board members signed up for shifts. Go figure. I still need to put a basket together that represents Missouri before the board meeting tomorrow. I was Googling while brushing my teeth this morning and all I could think of to do is get a 6 pack of Budweiser beer and some BBQ rub since Missouri is known for Budweiser and BBQ. We are also known for wine but lots of people are doing wine I feel like. We do have Truman Lake so I could try to find a cute lake sign. They want us to spend $15-20. We are raffling the baskets off at Super Sign Up next week.

Pam- Hope the humidity breaks soon!
    Laura- Paint colors are hard! You think you have it figured out and then you take the little cards home or a small sample and put it on the wall and it looks completely different in your lighting. It is difficult to choose!
    Lana- Is Teigan excited about school now?
    Faye- All of my fall decorations are with my Halloween decorations. I should probably store them separately but I really don't have much except some leaf strands and I didn't even use them last year. Hmm. How do you decorate for fall?
    Jody- Glad you're back! Enjoy the kids and grands! Oh my, what an ordeal with the cat!
    Lisa- Enjoy your lunch out today!
    Lucie- A Christmas movie sounds nice!

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. housewife2

i have fall fake leaves fake pumpkins my fall candles change out sofa pillows couple throws out. i have a fall pic i hang out. just left dollar tree bought 2 little pumpkins. i also have dishes with pumpkins on them i put out.

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  12. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

So do I!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. luludou

All this Fall decorating is making me want to do it too... but I feel it's just too hot right now. September is when I'll put up Fall.
    Called mom.
    Did not do much at all today. now waiting to leave for my appointment to get that thing taken out, a bit nervous but I know it'll be only a few minutes. THEN, I can relax :)
    I did play on my blog and started dividing my cij posts by year (labels). will do more at another time.
    I did cut some of the flowers in the back.
    If it rains or is colder this weekend I'll cut more flowers and start on some deep cleaning that was not done in Spring. Need to do the whole house over the course of the year.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. PamelaG

Hello everyone,

Crazy busy today - yay, 4:00pm is coming!! Ran to the UPS store to mail Sophia's package; the guy behind the counter asked me what was in the package and I had to chuckle when he suggested that we not put Bath BOMBS as the contents on the label! LOL, we decided on Bath Balls. Stopped at Staples for some label tabs to organize my journal and filler cards for scrapbooking then the grocery store for a few things. Popped a Boboli pizza in the oven while I changed my clothes and ate it while I watched GBBO. Moved from the living room to the office to work on the computer, next thing I knew it was 9:45pm, past my bedtime!

No plans for after work tonight so I'm looking forward to a relaxing evening at the scrapbook table. I was having a discussion with one of my co-workers about fall. I said I can't wait for September 1st because all my fall decorations will come out. He said fall wasn't until September 23rd and I said no, the minute there's a BER in the month, it's fall! ;)

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. PamelaG

So no "Step right up, step right up, join the Spouses' Club!! Be there or be square!!" ;):D:rolleyes:

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

It's turned into a rainy day here. I wish the weather forecasts were more accurate. lol

I had an enjoyable lunch today. We went to a newer local restaurant. It has a big city vibe, which is nice in our little town. Food and service were good. I lucked out and got a parking spot right in front and it didn't have a meter! Woo hoo! Then I came home and took care of the pile of paperwork and check writing for soccer. Sponsorships, special event tees, and contact information and clothing sizes. When J gets home I'll have to do the sub and pizza orders and check for dance fundraising. Then that will all be on my done list.

I was hoping soccer would be cancelled due to the rain, but it looks like it is still on as of now. Maybe they will work out in the gym. I have some more cleaning to do. I'm trying to finish up all those things I didn't get to this summer before school starts.

The students teacher emailed me and said she won't be at training because she has to do pet care. Um...I'm a bit confused by this...she has known the dates since June. SMH. Here's hoping this is a one time event.

Sounds like everyone is busy too! Hope you have a good evening!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. housewife2

i got my new fios box today hooked it up now i have cable in my room again. :)

Ahorsesoul and MrsSoup like this.
  18. luludou

Welll :( didn't work out at the doc's office... boy did I get a hot flash while she was trying to find the cord for the iud. didn't find it (funny my regular doc said he could feel it six months ago). Anyhow she was still a nice doctor. but now I need an echography to confirm it is still there (and we know it is), that'll be in 2-3 months and then I have to see another doctor who'll give it a try in his office to finish off with taking it out at the hospital.. in 1 year! a good thing it doesn't do anything if it's still there until then. Wish it was over with! TMI sorry.

So now I'm trying to calm down so will go read outside in the shade.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Nope, a long two hours of sitting a pretty much empty table with only a stack of flyers and smiling and saying "Good morning" to those that would look my way. :rolleyes:

A handful of people stopped at the table and took a flyer and asked questions about the club. I texted DH and told him he should come get me a coffee since I was literally sitting right outside of Starbucks. I was going to do it myself but every time I checked to see if the line was gone, it would build back up again and I didn't want to be away from the table for that long, although it probably wouldn't have mattered. He dutifully came and bought me a coffee on his way in to check in at work. When he gets back we're going to lunch. I don't foresee much school work getting done today but I will put in some effort when we return.

I think I will call and reschedule the kids dental appointments while i'm waiting for DH to get home.

20. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I just love Pam's typo from this morning. I can just imagine the swear dripping off her LOL

PamelaG and MrsSoup like this.