I need ideals for lots of Tulle!!!

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I have ALOT of tulle in different colors and I would really appreciate any ideals on how to use it. I believe it was gotten for bath scrubies but never made any. Seems I brought it and that was it. The white and cream I have made different angels with it. Thankx for any help.

Lana

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Easter baskets. Put it around a basket with some ribbon for little girl's (or big girls!) Easter baskets.

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I use it on wreaths and garlands during the various holidays. I also use it to make a big bow for the wreaths. One standard artificial wreath can be used for every holiday with a quick change of tulle and embelishments (for me...normally flowers).

girlsinmo

Premiere Member
Jan 1, 2008
MO
Can also use it to wrap goodies in for baskets or gift bags. Tulle is a pretty embellishment.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I think some of it I brought to make bows on the trees but the family decided they liked our garland better. (can't change from that garland!!!! LOL) I did use some for ribbons and bows on some packages that year. That was several years ago. Any one ever do the bath sponges from it? Thanks for the other ideals.

I seen the cutest napkin rings made from tulle. The tulle was tied around the napkin with the silverware in it and they stuck a flower in the front. Looked very nice for spring or Easter....you could put a chick on top. I wish I could remember where I seen the napkin ring... Maybe after this senior moment passes I will remember.

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
I can see how it works for bath scrubbies or kitchen scrubbies. I've never made my own bath scrubby, but I would think it would be simple enough....fold it in an accordian fold, fold it in the middle, fold the loose ends to the center, wrap a rubber band around it (or sew it closed)...that's how I make my kitchen scrubbers using onion and potato bags, anyway.

chrisaholic

Retire Member
Nov 24, 2007
Newfoundland, Canada
Use it to make seasonal placemats. You need the clear plastic (you can get it for tableclothes), metal seasonal confetti, and the tulle. Sprinke the confetti on a layer of tulle and then layer that between two pieces of the clear plastic. Mark around the edge of the plastic for placemat size. Stitch inside this and then in a crazy quilt style inside this outer edge. Cut the outer edge between the rectange marking and the stitching with a pair of pinking shears. Does this make sense ?

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am going to try scrubbies and I think the placemats are a cool project. Could do for all different holidays and even do b'day ones for the little ones. (nieces and nephew)