Ideas for Cub Scout Leaders

Discussion in 'Gifts & Giving' started by Skippy1707, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Skippy1707

Skippy1707 Member

Im struggling with these gifts.

My daughter attends our local cub group and has two female leaders and my son attends the local scout group and has two leaders - one male and one female.
    Id like to give them gifts that are usable for the activities but am really struggling with ideas. Does anyone have any suggestions please? Im off to look online now for ideas

2. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

If you are going with a whole group type gift I would make a basket of stationary supplies scissors, tape, stapler, glue, markers, pencils, etc.

Another would be games that they could play for when they are waiting everyone to arrive or finish projects
    early.

Another idea would be to make them a recipe book of cooking in mug. There are lots on Pinterest.
    I made them for my grown children living on their own. I wrote them on 4x6 index cards and put them in a 4x6 photo book I pick up at the dollar store. They could use these as a club activites in teaching cooking. If doing it for a leader I would add a cute mug.

3. Skippy1707

Skippy1707 Member

That sounds like a good idea JoDee. I was thinking of stationary for their planning as well because they I can find unisex stuff as well.

4. tanya

tanya Well-Known Member

I don't want t be a downer as Im sure any gift will be much appreciated.
    BUT as a teacher I can't tell you how many coffee cups- saying Best Teacher, pens, stationary etc.... I have been given over the years.

Now, I am totally appreciative of ANY gift but I would always prefer something more personal than work related. Something edible, drinkable, fancy coffee, tea etc,,,, a Christmas ornament- some I have from when I first started teaching- kids are long grown up with kids of their own now....

Skippy1707 likes this.
  5. Skippy1707

Skippy1707 Member

Thats fine Tanya - I would rather an honest opinion.
    Your message did get me thinking though - maybe if I got white baubles I could put the purple fleur de llis onto it with the leaders scouting names. Much more personal then as well