If it's not scheduled you won't do it

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
While everyone has their crisp new 2015 calendars out the first and single most important appointments you should write in there are the ones that take care of you. Whether this is a cut & color every 8 weeks, a manicure every 3 weeks or a message every 3 months please take this time to decide what day of the week you are going to use for your personal day and spread out these appointments. Call your stylist or message therapist and confirm the dates before writing them in ink. I'm sure a lot of you are just like me and we can plan a presidential inauguration yet we neglect to plan for our personal needs. Before we know it we are feeling frumpy, unappreciated and it's too late to get in to see someone on a moments notice.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
This year I also need to schedule a mammogram and Pap smear. Tests that don't take too much effort or time but can save lives.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
This year I also need to schedule a mammogram and Pap smear. Tests that don't take too much effort or time but can save lives.
I always do these during my birth month. Also a dental check up. Makes it easy to remember when they are needed.

ChristmasPir8

Premiere Member
Nov 8, 2008
La La Land
I always do these during my birth month. Also a dental check up. Makes it easy to remember when they are needed.

Great idea. I need check ups for myself and then the DSs once DH new insurance kicks in for them. (I have my own)

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I have decided to designate Friday as ME day.
This is easy to do as my regular hair appointments are always on a Friday.

Each Friday, I will take some time for ME!
Some weeks it will be hair, others it will be manicure or pedicure. Waxing etc... Some weeks I may get myself something just for me like a fragrant candle or take myself out for coffee.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Way to go Tanya! This is exactly what I was talking about. My day is on Thursdays. Besides outside appts. I also schedule my hobby time on these days.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Thanks for the reminder. I, too, have come to the conclusion that I have to schedule "taking care of me" on the calendar or it won't get done. Every thing else will take precedent because I don't see it on the calendar.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I scheduled the mammogram and had it done this morning. One huge tick off the to do list.
Had hair cut and coloured on Saturday and have made another appointment for in March.
Would like to have a pedi done at some stage but will check when DD and my mum are available.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I had my first ME time last Friday- regular hair appointment. DS was with me so it was not total me time but I left feeling refreshed and my hair colour looks great! We followed it by coffee and cake out.
This Friday will be a pedicure.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
Yeah Tanya. I'm so glad you thought enough of yourself to do something special for YOU! I went fabric shopping and crocheted and worked on quilts while watching movies all day. It was nice and relaxing.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Got a letter yesterday regarding my mammogram. All clear!!!!! Will have another one in 2 years.
It is a great relief.
Please schedule your exams, they do not take long and can save your life.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
My toes look pretty and nice thanks to my ME time pedicure . A totally relaxing time. I blissed out.

ejagno

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Aug 31, 2010
SW Louisiana
I actually spent the evening sewing stuff for me. I heated up a bowl of gumbo in the microwave for dinner and the bowl was too hot to even touch and too awkward to wrap a dish towel to remove. I waited for it to cool and then came sat down in front of my computer to relax and scan the net. Low and behold I found this microwavable bowl hot pad.

http://www.seamshappy.com/2012/08/13/microwave-bowl-pot-holder/

I finished eating and dug around and actually found the matching fabric I'd used to reupholster my chairs. It turned out so cute, is washable and matches my kitchen. It was meant to be. No more hot bowls.
http://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/album.php?albumid=181&pictureid=1234

I also made a Kleenex box cover with pockets using some scraps I had left over for my office/sewing room. It too turned out just adorable.
http://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/album.php?albumid=181&pictureid=1236

I'm always making things for others but rarely ever make something for myself.

Last edited:

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
Thank you..You know, that's an awesome idea. I always say I'm going to keep up with my hair..it's needs a little TLC and color here and there..but I always let it go way past what I want. So I think I will put it on my calendar for the whole year as a reminder. I do sit down each year and put all my Christmas dates down...and my church dates..but not my personal stuff. Maybe just get all those appts scheduled or on the calendar by month at least.

again THANK YOU for that suggestion and personal Reminder! I needed it!