If it's Tuesday, it's almost half-way through the month, August 14th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Aug 14, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

I know, crazy title! Did anyone see the movie If it's Tuesday, it must be Belgium - it's really old but it was all about a whirlwind trip across Europe, the days and countries started to blur together. Anyway, didn't get on here yesterday, super busy day. Started off early with a trip to the legal office - we need a document signed by our neighbors allowing our contractor permission to cross their property line during the installation of our septic system. Just wanted to get some legal guidance on the language. Once that was done, I sent the letter off to the contractor to sign, he'll send it back to me, I'll send it certified to the neighbors, and hopefully they will send it back to me so I can make a copy and send the final to the contractor. That will be a well-traveled letter! Then it was on to laundry, emptying the dishwasher, thinking ahead to what was for dinner (pasta), filing, making lists, and taking care of other bits and pieces. I finally sat down for lunch and to enjoy The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society movie on Netflix - oh my goodness, it was fabulous, loved it!

Today I'm off to the spouses' group board meeting - it's a trek, half an hour away, because our usual meeting place right around the corner from me is a no-go because the person who lives there is out of town this week.

Good news is that Vic has an inspection scheduled for September so that's our house-hunting trip. I'll stay in his hotel room, ride in his rental car to and from the airport, and have our realtor pick me up during the day thereby minimizing expenses. I have frequent flyer miles for the flight so it's a win-win-win-win situation all around.

And to top it all off, Sophia picked up the keys to her new apartment and started moving in. She is so excited!

3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! slept poorly ... ugh! gym this morning. another scorcher but starting tomorrow should be a little less hot.
    Will be busy

Have a great day

missjane likes this.
  4. Cathymac2

Cathymac2 Active Member

Good morning! I am tired too this morning and secretly glad I am still off work with my mom and her knee replacement recovery.
    My niece had an event last night that she needed my help with so I decorated and helped clean up. I’m pooped. Now I remember why I quit doing event planning. She did a super job though, especially for a 19 year old kid!

Today I will tend to Mom and do laundry in between. My youngest starts his Sr year tomorrow!

5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Cathy nice to see you posting. Hope your mom is doing good.

Pam, exciting to be looking for a house soon.

Lucie, I tossed and turned all night too.

Went to open house last night with Jaymee and Teigan. Then to the library to pick up the books I ordered that came in. Also they let take out several Christmas books that were brought in awhile back when I was there and they haven't got them ready but said take what I want to look at some I got like maybe 15.

Suppose I better go and pack a lunch. I am reading Patrick Swayze/Lisa Niemi The Time of My Life first.

Everybody have a GREAT day!

6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. its 67 out feels great but will go to 88 later. library day and i just put a roast in the crock pot for dinner. have a great day everyone

7. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I was up early. Sweeped and mopped the kitchen floor. Several times since it was really dirty. lol Then I tied up some of the sunflowers that were starting to lean over. Finally DD and Dh crawled out of bed. So I headed out to Walmart.

Was rather nice to shop since Dh usually does this job. I picked up a frozen turkey breast and cranberry jelly. I’ll cook it on the grill tomorrow if it’s thrawed.

I told DD I would take her shopping if she was ready to go before noon. There will be less people shopping early. But she is on the computer “for just a minute” as she says. I think it will be for an hour and then she needs a nap so shopping may have to wait. Not that she is in need if anything but I like her to look over the sales items.

Prayers to all in need.

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I have nothing on my schedule today except my mentor call this morning. I may run and get a Sam's Club membership and then run to Target to see if they have a smaller version of my rug for in front of the back door. I will have to schedule my final assessment and I doubt that i'll be able to schedule it for today, but if I can then that may change my plans. More than likely though i'll have to schedule it for tomorrow because I still need to get my webcam (sent from the college) set up on my laptop. I am required to use it and not the one that is built in to my laptop. I have to wait for an email for my next class to register for the Pearson lab since it's a Math class and all the lessons are in the lab. I should have it by now so i'll check in a bit. I'm anxious to get started on that class and download the book.

I need to check my list and see what's on the dinner list and if I need to get anything thawing. I really need to get to the Commissary but it's payday so not sure i'm going to venture there. Ecolab came and sprayed the outside yesterday afternoon and when I got home there were ants streaming in by the backdoor. I spent a good while killing them. They got into Perry's food dish so had to dump his food. It was a mess. Last night after it was under control, I put down a line of cayenne pepper. There are still onesies and twosies coming in but nothing like yesterday, of course it was night time so we'll see how it is today. I might have to call them to come back and spray the inside afterall.

Pamela- You were busy yesterday! I hope today is a little less busy for you! Congrats to Sophia!
    Hi Lucie! Stay cool!
    Cathy- Sending speedy recovery thoughts for your mom! Good luck to your youngest!
    Hi Lana!
    HW2- We had roast last ngiht! Great minds!
    Diedra- I love sunflowers but have never had any luck growing them.

Enjoy your day!

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    A sunny, bright day here. Wednesdayis a busy day for me. Today is shopping list day for groceries tomorrow, I need to clean the pantry, fridge and freezer. Washing needs doing and I must sweep the floors, there is dog hair everywhere!
    My brother is coming over to give the yard a bit of a tidy up and get ready for the Spring. I will get him back in November for another tidy up before the Summer starts. The forecast is we will have thunderstorms, dust storms and potentially bush fires to deal with this Summer so best to get in early and do some prep.

DH is in bed with a migraine so hopefully our garden work won't wake him.
    Speak soon,

10. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. I feel as if I've met myself coming and going today. We stayed at DD25's house last night to help DD21 with the animals. DD25 and DsonIL are on their way home and should be here in about an hour or a little more.

DH and I got up this morning and drove home to pick up DD25's car from a mechanic that we trust to work on our cars, and I drove it back over here to DD's house. DD21 and I went and ate lunch. Then, we drove about 15 miles to look at a washing machine because the one at her college rental house belongs to one of the girls who's moving out. Paid the man for it and DH and I are going back to pick it up after he gets here from football practice. We'll take it to the college house tonight. Then, an 80 mile drive home. DD21 and I have been tidying up at DD25's before they get back.

Due to construction at the schools, they've pushed back our starting date by two days. We were supposed to start Thursday and students on Monday, but now it's Monday and students start Wednesday. I'm so thankful! I love it when the first week is only 3 days, instead of 5. Just enough time to get immersed, then a break. Of course, this year, I'm taking off Thursday and Friday of the first week because DD25's best friend is getting married in Pensacola and we're going, so a one day week the first week for me! :p But, boy, will that make the second week long! :eek: DD's friend asked me to cater, and she's like a third daughter to me, so I told her I will do it for free if she buys the food...only about 40 people.

All the girls at the college house are changing bedrooms now that two of the girls are moving out. We were going to go do that tomorrow, but now we have more time, so we're doing it Thursday. Tomorrow, carpet cleaners are coming to clean the carpet in the living room and the bedroom DD21 is moving into. We did that with the bedroom she's moving out of before she moved in...at our own expense, but it was worth it!

Pamela, it's always exciting to get a new apartment/house where she can decorate and make it her own. Do you plan to look for a house near her?
    Katrina, smart to take care of the yard before the dry season starts. I hope DH feels better soon.
    Jess, modern technology and how it has changed education still fascinates me! Think of how many more people have access to getting a college degree who never could have before.
    Diedra, glad you got out of the house to shop today. It's nice to just see what they have sometimes...so many new products!
    HW2, haha! It was 77 this morning, and I was thinking how good it felt...low humidity....it's all relative.
    Lucie, sorry you didn't sleep well...I get excited when you talk about the cool weather...I live in a cold climate vicariously through you!
    Lana, 15 books!? I would never find time for all those in two weeks! I bet the one about Patrick Swayze is good. DH and I like to watch Reelz and it showed about him and his life. Very sad and interesting at the same time. BTW, my BFF from high school married at guy that resembled Patrick Swayze, my, my, my! They're divorced now, but did that boy ever have charisma...oozing from his pores and dripping off his fingers! lol!
    Cathy, hope your mom recovers quickly. Events can surely take it out of you!

Well, DH just called and said he's on his way, so he'll be here in about 45 minutes. We'll go pick up the washing machine and take it to the college house in Ruston.

It's been a long, but good day!

Hope you all have a good day/evening.

11. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

I had my mentor call and she approved me taking my assessment. I got my Math Lab opened up and ready to go for my next class. I ran to Sam's Club and got my membership (renewed apparently). Since I had one before I did not get the coupons for a new membership so no free rotisserie chicken, apple pie and butter croissants for me. That was going to be dinner tonight. :( I did get a $10 gift card, so I used it towards the groceries I bought. I had meant to come home and get crockpot lasagna going and then I forgot, so i'm not sure what we're having for dinner now. That was the last thing on my meal plan. Ooops! I finally got my webcam set up, it took quite a while and some troubleshooting but I figured it out and scheduled my assessment for late tomorrow morning, send good wishes my way if you think about it about 11 a.m. Hawaii time tomorrow. I need to do some reviewing this evening.

This morning DD came in from moving her bike around front and told me there was a bird with its head stuck in the birdfeeder. I had to go outside and pull it out. Crazy bird! The feeder was empty but there was a tiny bit of seed left in the middle that it was trying to reach. I looked outside a couple hours later and that darn bird was stuck again. I thought it was dead this time though because it wasn't moving at all. I was talking to my friend and was telling her about it. I went back out and when I touched it, it started fluttering thank goodness. I freed it once again and brought the feeder inside until I can get more food. I had just filled it up yesterday morning and it was empty within a few hours. I'm going to have to buy stock in the bird food company the rate these birds are eating.

I heard a bakery shop opened up in the PX so I think i'll run up there and get bird seed and check it out. They have macarons, which I love. Depending on how crazy the Commissary looks I may run by there as well, but I doubt it. We can always have breakfast for dinner. Or leftovers.

12. PamelaG

No, we'll be about two hours south of her, same as we were when we lived there before. I would love to live closer but this is our post-Navy retirement planning forever home and we need to be closer to better employment prospects for Vic.

missjane likes this.