If this is Wednesday, July 25th, 2018, it must be Rudolph Day

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Jul 25, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning and Happy July Rudolph Day!

2. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

It will be a busy Rudolph Day today - hot chocolate with a great movie to start, update the gift closet, update my planner and notebook (the notebook came first - all my HGP, H&HP, and Christmas Countdown documents are in here - then I bought my planner and a set of printables for keeping track of Christmas), and blog all about it. Looks like I've been a Christmas Countdown follower for some time - found sheets with details from as far back as 2010 - and I have last year's H&HP sheets as well. It's going to be tough to follow anything this year with the move scheduled right at the beginning of the Countdown so I'll have to improvise and move some of the tasks around.

The CIJ Ornament Swap Reveal is today so stay tuned for some amazing craftsmanship from our members and make a plan to join us next year!

Have a wonderful Rudolph Day!

luludou and housewife2 like this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Morning!

Reveal day it is! :) :) :)

I get my hair colored tonight so probably be 7-8 before I get home. Off tomorrow!

Allen sprayed some weeds yesterday and started in the shed. That will be a job times 1000!!! He is in the mood to decrapify so bring it on!!!!! :) :) :)

Have a GREAT day everybody!

4. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Morning!

I was gonna go get my tests done for my procedure this a.m., but don't have enough gas and no money. Maybe MJ will help me out if I can reach her. Her SIL's mama died last weekend. MJ's DD and SIL live in TX, and did not get here till late Monday afternoon. They drove, because they brought their grandson, who is the same age as MJ's great grandson.

Will work around here some today. My hips are hurting a lot right now. Guess I should get in the shower, and get started. I fell asleep in my chair for a couple of hours last night. Then slept for nine hours when I came to bed!! Don't know why I have been so tired lately! My body is getting old, I guess.

Hope you all have a wonderful day. Jess, how did the bike situation work out? TTYL!

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Pam- DD is on her third and final bike! o_O:p The NEX took the other bike back and DH told them about the issues with it. I hope MJ can help you out.
    Pamela- Lots of plans for you today!
    Lana- Should I wait to post my ornaments or does it matter since everyone will be opening at different times?

I'm heading out on my walk this morning and then I have a hair appt at 9. I'm getting a trim and going to have her brighten up my blonde and put a bit more in my hair this time. Then I have a welcome call with my program mentor at 11. This evening is the last concert in the park at our community center this time and we are definitely going. It was so good last time. We'll see if our friends come this time. Not sure what we'll do in between all that. DH mentioned something about the beach this morning, but then when I reminded him about my appointments he said tomorrow. I don't care if they go without me, I can go tomorrow. haha Supposed to rain the next few days though I think.

Enjoy your day!

6. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

happy rudy day to all. enjoy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PamelaG likes this.
  7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning and Happy Rudy Day to you all.
    Sunny here and a little warmer than it has been.
    Thursday is normally spent with my mum but she is away visiting her sister so I have a free day.
    Will go and grab a coffee with a friend soon and just catch up. Hope to frame a craft project that I have done for my mum and maybe plan what to do for crafts for the next few weeks,

Dinner tonight will be steak sandwiches and chips, easy!

8. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone....slow day in chit chat...haven't checked everything else...maybe more posted in other places.

I worked at the bakery today. Can't seem to bring myself to get out just yet. Waiting for the best timing, I suppose, but I did tell her I can't work the week before school starts or the first week of school. We have a busy weekend...really big weeding cake, groom's cake, anniversary cake, and catering a class reunion. I'm going in tomorrow evening and start baking the wedding cake layers. I'll finish them Friday afternoon. I'm sure I'll work Saturday, too. Good paycheck, but eating up a lot of my time this week. The sad thing is...I enjoy this work....have been praying God will help me know what to do.

DH and I are going to work outside in the yard tomorrow. He mowed today, but things just need to be tidied up in some areas.

I'm celebrating Rudy Day by watching the Hallmark channel...about all I've had time for today.

Jess, glad things worked out for DD and her bike. Good job with keeping up with the walking, even if you have to go alone.
    Pam, when you find yourself in that situation, there has to be someone from your church who would be willing to give you a ride to your appointment if you would just let them know you're in a crunch.
    Pamela, I'm jealous of your Rudy Day! I pulled out my notebook a few weeks ago and need to go through it and read notes and such.
    Lana, hope Allen stays in the mood! I need to get in the mood!
    Katrina, dinner sounds great! I want to come!
    HW2, how are things at work? Did you look for another PT job somewhere?

Good night, everyone. Praying you all rest well!

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

missjane, the door is always open

missjane likes this.