Instant Pot/Multi Cooker recipes.

Discussion in 'Kitchen Chatter' started by sweetpumkinpye, May 30, 2019.

1. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I have recently bought a Multi Cooker and am looking at trying some recipes that you have tried and can recommend.
    I know that there are a lot of recipes out there but would like to hear from any of you that have a particular favourite.
    Hoping that we can start a page here of all the tried and true recipes.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

I haven't used the Multi-Cooker as much since March because of our schedule. I plan to use it more during these next few months as I stock up on freezer meals. I like using it for making up large batches of rice and then freezing the rice.

3. sweetpumkinpye

Mary, I have been reading a few recipe books. Looks like it is a useful machine to use in both Winter and Summer, using it in the Summer prevents the kitchen from heating up. I like the idea of batch cooking rice and freezing it.

4. Holiday_Mom

This summer I am going to try to use the Instant Pot once a week. I would like to try it out for bulk cooking first. Either today or tomorrow, I'm going to cook up a batch of ground beef. I'll let you know how it works.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  6. sweetpumkinpye

Diedra, they look amazing and I have most of the ingredients on hand. I am sure that DH will love those ribs.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. Holiday_Mom

I cooked two 4lbs. batches of ground beef. I read through a few websites to see how they cooked their ground beef. I ended up using this one - https://www.recipesthatcrock.com/instant-pot-ground-beef-batch-cooking/

It was closest to how I typically cook the ground beef on the stove. The first batch took 35 minutes from start to finish. The second batch was about the same time. I don't think it was any faster than when I boil 8 lbs at once on the stove but it just felt like the whole process involved less work and clean up. I also felt like I could get some work done in another room while it cooked without worrying if the pot was boiling too much.

Diedra, I've never made ribs because they seem like a hassle but after reading through the recipe, I may just try it this summer.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. sweetpumkinpye

Mary, I think that a lot of the recipes that I have seen seem to take as long as stovetop. I agree though that I like to be able to put the meal on and go and do other things with out the risk of the meat catching in the pan.

9. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Mary, You will be amazed at how good the ribs turn out.