It’s August and Okay to Think Christmas

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Jeff Westover

MHH Maintenance Dept.
Staff member
MHH Admin
Sep 7, 2009
Cache Valley, Utah
mymerrychristmas.com
Today is the opening of Christmas Creep Season. It happens the first of August every year when the media suddenly discovers the presence of – gasp! – Christmas items in stores. They complain about it endlessly claiming Christmas comes earlier and earlier every year. But let’s get one thing straight right now: it’s August and it is okay to think Christmas. Like all things in popular culture Christmas has changed in many ways thanks to technology and the shifting make up of families. Christmas is still celebrated and forever will be. But how it is done and when it is done will always be changing. For example, if your Christmas means bringing family together from long distances now is theRead more

More...

AuntJamelle

Premiere Member
Oct 22, 2007
South Bend, IN
August is when I find myself REALLY starting to rev up on holiday prep! It's early enough to not feel the pressure yet, but Christmas is close enough for it to seem like a good idea to do as much as I can!

Great point about doing the outdoor decorating now, instead of waiting for cold weather!

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
I also do a lot of planning in August. Its the last month of our winter. It has been a little warmer than usual this year. But it is generally the coldest, wettest and by far the most windy month we have!

I find it easy to stay home, snuggled up and warm! I love planning Christmas this time of year. When the weather is better in September then I can hit the ground running as lots of the prep and planning has been done. I dontt have to think about it... I just check my lists and go.

aggy

Santa's Elves
Oct 11, 2007
Baltimore, Maryland
Aunt Jamelle I still have my lights up on my balcony. So I'm already done with outside. lol

I too get to thinking more about Christmas and the holidays in August. Something about this month...I just get tired of the heat and long for the cool days of autum. I have a couple of girlfriends who have already finished their gift shopping (lucky them). The sooner I start the better off I will be has always been my thinking. This way I'm not out shopping with millions of other folks in crowded stores and long lines.