It's a Grand Old Flag Thursday 6/14/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Jun 14, 2018.

  1. PamelaG

    PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

    Good morning and Happy Flag Day!

    Flag Day honors a June 14, 1777, Second Continental Congress resolution about a flag for the country. "Resolved, that the Flag of the thirteen United States shall be thirteen stripes, alternate red and white; that the Union be thirteen stars, white on a blue field, representing a new constellation," it said.
  2. PamelaG

    PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

    Volunteering at the gift shop today and then perhaps a run to Costco. There was somewhere else I needed to go but of course, I've completely forgotten where that is!
  3. missjane

    missjane Well-Known Member

    Good morning, everyone. My laptop is kuput, so on my Kindle. Will be typing a lot less...hate typing on this thing.

    Physical therapy for my back today. I'm having good days and bad days with it. Afterwards, I'll go to Monroe to get a GC for DH for Father's day from a tool store. It's what he asked for. DD20 is meeting me.

    Not sure if I said we got my sink from Ohio. When we were cleaning the property at the Crowville house, we found one almost identical! It's not as old as the one I bought and not in as good of condition. We laughed about it.

    Have a great day, everyone.
  4. Lana

    Lana Well-Known Member


    Off today and I rarely sleep in. Woke up about 5:34 when Allen was heading to town on the kubota and again I rarely fall back to sleep and I did and was in a dream that the people next to that lot we would like to have finally opened their door and I was talking with them and was awaken again. Up 7:13 very late for me!!!!!!!! Helped Allen get some more trash out and went thru some material away.

    Anyhoo, need to go talk with Aunt Imogene about some of her stuff. Hoping to get some stuff done around here. Shall see.

    Today is my older sisters birthday. She is 59.

    Jane praying for your back.

    Pam, hope you remember what you need.

    Have a GREAT day everybody!
  5. Pam Spaur

    Pam Spaur Well-Known Member


    Got up early. Ran an errand. Came home. Ate a bowl of cereal. Talked to N. Need to go to a viewing this afternoon. Went down to the apartment office. Took care of some things. Hallelujah. We talked and laugh.

    Hope to do some sewing today. I made another burp cloth for my great grandson. Started to make a teething ring for him. I quit when I made 3 mistakes. I am using wooden beads. Will use double stitching on the seams. Then a couple more burp cloths. Some washcloth cloths. Some receiving blankets. Maybe a stuffed elephant. The baby's name is Brysen Alexander. I love the Alexander, but not crazy about Brysen. However, it is not my child and she didn't ask me to name him. I will be glad to see him.

    The weather is nice today. The humidity is down, and the temps are a little, too.

    Guess I will go fix some lunch. What to fix, what to fix? Such decisions!

    Have a nice day, Peeps!
  6. luludou

    luludou Well-Known Member

    Afernoon! Seems I didn't post yesterday. Yesterday was gym, pic-nic with work team (which ended up being inside because 16C outside with wind and no sun). ds& girlfriend went to a ball game and came to sleep here afterwards. Lent my work parking space to dd's girlfriend for the rest of the week.

    No work for me today - was awake early but fell asleep and just relaxed. Like Lana got up at 7:15. Did some yoga stretches and some essentrics I found on youtube. ds was here as he is not working today & tomorrow to go to the RockFest music show in another town with friends. he left at 9:00. Chatted wit my sis on FB about what to bring to the mudhero race tomorrow (we are there to cheer dd, and cousins on). Had a 10:00 osteopath appointment - another one in one month. did 1 grocery store. back for lunch, laundry is going, dishes are done. Need to get on with my to-do list - have lots to do!

  7. MrsSoup

    MrsSoup Well-Known Member


    I got home by 10 last night. I think I have decided to put in my 2 weeks notice today. I'm very nervous about it although my boss is very nice and will understand I think. I just hate doing it to her as I know how hard it is to find people for this job. I will recommend anyone I know that is looking, I just have to do what is best for my family. I think i'm going to go inquire at the school about subbing and get the interview for that so I can get endorsed by the Principal for the next class at the college which probably isn't until the fall. I can't get signed up for it without being endorsed. I am working on finishing up my Intro to Communications class, did my 3rd test yesterday and now am doing research for my first presentation.

    This morning I need to go pick up my MSF waiver from the college, drop a book at the library, run by Parent Central to sign DD up for the babysitting class next month and text my boss to see if she's free this morning so I can run by the Commissary and talk to her. I also need to work on my ornaments so I can get them in the mail tomorrow or Monday.

    DD lost a tooth yesterday and the Tooth Fairy forgot to come last night. :eek: Oops!

    Enjoy your day!
  8. GrammaDeb

    GrammaDeb Active Member

    Good morning/almost afternoon. I went out to take the car to the dealership for repair, after the stinky smoky episode the other day. It started right up, but I couldn't turn the steering wheel. Saw the battery light on, asked myself what else was going to go wrong with the car. Got out and saw the broken serpentine belt hanging on the ground. Called the dealership, got transferred to a tow company, had the car towed to the dealership, talked to the service person at the dealership...and now I wait to find out what caused the belt to break and hopefully get everything fixed. (we think the air conditioner had something to do with it) Oh, and we would like to have $$ left in the bank afterward. DH still wants a new car, so I have him "shopping" online. I still don't want car payments, so what we have here is a "failure to communicate."

    I am going to find something for lunch and settle down with some needlework. Have a great day everyone.
  9. housewife2

    housewife2 Well-Known Member

    good afternoon to all. busy day at work. its hot and muggy. pizza for dinner dont feel like cooking.have agood evening
  10. piratemamaof3boys

    piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

    Afternoon ladies. It's hot here in Va and summer is here full force. Today should be the last day of school but DSs didnt have tests the last few classes so they are done.

    DH interviewed for a different job. It's a scary change but could be very positive. There is no future here.

    Well I probably should be working. Better run.

    Have a great afternoon
    luludou likes this.
  11. luludou

    luludou Well-Known Member

    Vaccumed basement and main floor .... of course picking up everywhere as I go. Prepped some stuff for the weekend.
    My sis doesn't seem to want to invite the cousins for lunch after the mud-race. (probably because she doesn't want to dirty the house)... so I called mom and told her I'd invite them at her house (they will be at the campground). Of course she doesn't mind. Told sis to go pick up hot-dogs & fixings + chips + dessert and soft drinks. will split the bill between us 2. For the few times we see the cousins we can invite them ... it's much farther for them to go back home than come to mom's (not far from the race). will wait to see what sis says (I told her all this on FB).
    didn't get to wash the bathroom... guess it'll be done on Monday. Nobody here this weekend anyways.
    Last load of laundry is in dryer, chicken is in the oven. Gym clothes are ready for tomorrow. Need to go prep lunch.

  12. PamelaG

    PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

    I don't feel like cooking either so we're heading to the local Thai place for a takeaway - they have the best fried rice. I have to get busy and make my own - it keeps really well in the freezer and then I could just pull it out and heat it up instead of going somewhere.
  13. MrsSoup

    MrsSoup Well-Known Member


    Loaded up the kids this morning and ran some errands. We went to Parent Central and signed DD up for the babysitting/CPR class next month after we sat there while they figured out if that's where we were supposed to register or not. I asked them to see if we had a credit in our account because I still haven't received a refund for track and there was a credit of $80. I'm pretty sure we only paid $40 or $50 for track so i'm not sure why there's so much in there unless we had something from South Carolina in there that transferred. Anyway, we didn't have to pay anything. Then we went to the college and picked up my waiver. I texted my boss previously to see if she would be available and didn't get a response until we were driving to the college. DD responded for me since I was driving. We then stopped at the Commissary and I sat down with her and told her. She knew it was coming and was very understanding and offered me another job that is only two nights a month setting up the displays. My last day will be the 30th. She may have someone to replace me, if so they he'll train with me the last week. I'll think about the other job and ask DH what he thinks. He'll say it's up to me. Our last stop was the library. They are handing out prizes until next week even though DD and I earned our first one already. A worker came and got us and showed us their 3D printer which was pretty awesome! We watched it start printing a Star Wars bookmark. Very cool!

    Now we're eating lunch and then i'm not sure what. DH should be home soon for the rest of the day and he's off tomorrow.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

    sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

    Good morning,
    It is grey and wet here this morning. I was meant to go to DD's this morning to meet a repairman but one of her roommates is home so I get to stay here.
    I will change all the bedding on my bed and tidy my bedroom. If I get a chance I would like to tidy the gift closet too.
    Over the weekend I would like to go through all the important papers in the filing cabinet and give it a good sort out. I have just been throwing stuff in there and now it needs a good clean. The taxes have been done for the last year so those papers need to be filed. So exciting lol.

    Not sure what the rest of the day will bring, will sit and do some crocheting if I get a chance and would love to watch a recorded Christmas movie as the weather is perfect for it.
    Speak soon.
  15. missjane

    missjane Well-Known Member

    I had a lady for PT this morning. She's not quite as aggressive with her manipulations as the guy who works there and did some different things than he does. I don't know which one I'll have tomorrow. I have to take my van to the shop afterwards for a front-end alignment. It's driving like a log wagon.

    DH is at youth camp with the church this week. I'm ready for him to be home. He'll be home Saturday. I've enjoyed not really cooking, though. Tonight, I had peas, fresh sliced tomatoes, and squash. If he were here, the only thing he would have eaten is the peas, and there would have to be meat.

    Night, everyone. Praying you rest well.
  16. Ahorsesoul

    Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

    Evening all MHHers

    I was up early. Read the paper in peace and quiet. Very nice. DD and Dh slept in a little. Once they were up Dh and I started getting ready to go shopping. We'd talked about it the night before. DD stayed in a good mood so we all went shopping at a clothing store, Gordman's. Lots of racks of clothes she could look at. She had one episode of crabbiness. I told her we could go out to the car if she didn't stop. She turned to look at clothes. lol She either held on to the shopping cart or the clothes rack while looking. Picked out 11 tops. None fit. So we went down a size to 1x. She again picked out 11 tops but ended up with only two of them that fit and that she liked. We rounded up Dh and headed to the cashier. There was a long line. I gave Dh my car keys so they could sit in the car. They both came back in because DD had left her water bottle in the cart. They headed for the door.

    It took the cashier three times to get me rang out. She was new and I kept putting in the wrong number. Not a good combo for a fast check out. I head out to the car finding no Dh or DD. They had gone back in the store and were sitting in some chairs just past the door. Finally we headed home. DD took a 3 hour nap which then put dinner rather late.

    I finished up wrapping wedding shower gifts for LC1's DD which is this weekend. I ended up getting LC1 and her granddaughter the same gift as I am giving the bride. A pearl wedding photo frame. I think they will all be happy. If not they can use them as gifts. I do not mind.

    Put me in the back hurting club. I was in the storage area tonight. It just kills my lower back.

    Wishing all a good night.
    luludou likes this.

Share This Page