It's a Rudolph Day Monday 6/25/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Jun 25, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

It's time to turn on the air conditioning and make some hot chocolate - LOL, those two things don't seem to go together at all! Movie time this morning, update the gift closet, update the Christmas planner, get the Christmas inventory sorted, write a blog post, get my CIJ posts in order...it's going to be a busy, busy day.

Vic finally arrived at 10:30pm on Saturday - delayed a bit leaving Atlanta. We had a lazy morning on Sunday and then went to see the new Jurassic Park movie in the afternoon. Vic is home for two weeks - no inspections scheduled as a lot of people will take some time off over the July 4th period, then it's full steam ahead with lots of travel for him for the rest of the summer.

Great British Baking Show fans, did you watch on Friday?

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hi Pam and the rest!

Getting ready to head out. Would like to go to Dollar General before work so can just come home afterwards.

Chance of rain today temps should be mid 80s.

Pam, sounds like a nice way to spend the day! I will look my list over at work --- I have my Christmas papers I carry in purse.

I better get going!

Have a GREAT day everybody!

4. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Yes! I loved it!

What did you think of Jurassic a World?

5. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Pamela you seem to have a perfect Rudy day planned!
    DH is off work today for our national holiday so I won't get any rudolph day done today nor next week (both kids are moving on July 1st - national moving day here in Quebec).
    Finished vaccum 1st floor, basement, washed basement bathroom. doing laundry and general picking up. got a post up on my blog too.

Later

6. PamelaG

It was good, action-packed, I won't give you a spoiler but after you see it, tell me what your thoughts are on the ending.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Hello and Happy Rudy Day!

I had to take dgd to gymnastics early this morning. She has gymnastics camp all week, 6 hours each day. Fortunately I can just drop her off and leave. I mailed ornaments to Lana and went to the library. My library card pin was messed up so I had to go in to change it. Frustrating.

Today is my laundry day - I'm so not happy, not fond of laundry day - and it's my day to fix dinner. I'm going to make a Chile relleno casserole with refried beans and Spanish rice. I need to figure out something for Rudy Day dessert. Hopefully we will watch a Christmas movie -dsil recommended The Man Who Invented Christmas, since we don't have the MHH movie. Looks like it's about Charles Dickens - I wonder if it's like Finding Neverland. Hope to do some crocheting too.

Have a great day everyone.

8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

happy rudy day
    watched christmas with the kranks
    my grandson and i went to the playground target and to o charleys for lunch.
    packed my suitcase leave on thur morning to new york
    have a great evening

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I didn't make it on here yesterday, it was my birthday and DD and DH woke me up with breakfast in bed and that started a day of festivities. From there, I came down to decorations and presents. I opened presents and then my last one was a scavenger hunt which ended at my friends house. We walked over there in the rain and I opened my last present from DH, which was a Massage Envy membership which gives me a massage, facial or stretching session each month for 6 months. Then my other daughter got me a new wave ring to replace the one I lost and my friends and my other son got me the Haleiwa sign i've been wanting. We had cake and chatted for a bit and then we took all the kids except the baby to see the new Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom movie. After the movie we took the kids home and we came home and got ready and then went back to their house and left our kids there and the adults went to a nice dinner at Top of Waikiki. We had a fantastic waiter and the views were wonderful. The food was amazing. It was a great day. DH went to work with me, he offered to just go for me completely but I couldn't let him do that even though I had two drinks at dinner. haha The kids stayed at our friends house.

This morning DD had a hair appointment at 0800 so I picked the girls up and we went. After I took my other child back home and picked up Eli and we all came home. Now I need to work on homework and get a presentation and a test done today. I also want to get the house cleaned up and a trip to the Commissary made. Then all I will have left is one more presentation and my final. I need to call and schedule an appointment for my PT, they called and left a message on Friday and call and make an eye appointment since Tank ate my last pair of glasses yesterday while we were at the movie. They have been alone a lot lately and he's tired of it. o_O

Friend and I may go to the Thrift Store this evening before work, but we'll see. I need to balance the checkbook as well today.

Enjoy your day!

10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

did a few errands this afternoon. more laundry, made muffins.

11. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Afternoon all. Almost time to go home! No Rudy day plans here. Just the usual stuff when we get home. I need to move stuff around in the pantry since I am out of room for groceries, not sure why...
    DH and DS 1 saw Solo this weekend and I went with the other boys and DS2s friends to see Incredibles 2. We enjoyed it.
    Now we need to get DS 1s bed replaced. Its Ikea and hes has it a long time and its falling apart. We have a frame to use just needs cleaning up.
    Then DS 2 &3 want to swap rooms so they need to get working on cleaning and decluttering them.

Have a great evening!

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning.
    Another cold start to the day it is sub zero out there. We have been having the type of mornings that we don't normally get until July or August so very cold.
    Another work day for me so that is all that is on the agenda until I get home. I have a friend coming for coffee tomorrow so when I get home I will do a wuick tidy up to make sure the house is presentable for tomorrow.
    That is it from frosty Australia.
    Hope that you all have an amazing Rudy Day.

13. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Jess, Happy Late Birthday! I was thinking it was June.

14. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY HOPE IT WAS A FUN DAY

15. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Jess, happy late birthday. It sounds like you had a lovely day.

16. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Thank you Lana, HW2 and Deb! :)