It's finally here!! Christmas Day 2009!!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Winged One, Dec 25, 2009.

1. Winged One

Winged One New Member

Good Morning and a Very HAPPY CHRISTMAS to all on MHH - readers and posters alike.

Blessings to you all on this very special day, and to all your families whether close or far.

2. Winged One

Winged One New Member

Good morning all!!

We are all up here in Ireland, and the man in red has been and gone. We tracked him on Norad last night as far as Georgia (near Russia, not the US State) and he DID stop here later on.

The family is all up now, and we will be getting organised shortly for the day, Mass, visits and then back to cook the turkey and open our presents.

And then another good sleep before heading off tomorrow, and having DD's birthday party in her Nanna's house.

Have a wonderful day everyone, and a great festive season to you all (just in case I'm not back for a few days).

Wings

3. Dreamer

Dreamer New Member

Merry Christmas Everyone!!

It's 1:16am here and I can't sleep as I'm excited...I'm worse than our 17 yr old DS

4. SparkleNana

SparkleNana New Member

Merry Christmas! Greetings to Winged One, Dreamer, and all to follow! Christmas Day has arrived!

Yesterday, dh and I arrived home from the Childrens' Christmas Service around 4:30 -- and rested a bit for the Christmas Eve Party. This is the annual party, with delicious food. This year, we took the recently separated neighbor. He had such a good time -- that after a few hours, when dh and I left, he chose to stay on. (It is a neighborhood party -- within walking distance.) In fact -- everyone at the party had a wonderful time!

We did a lot of errands yesterday -- things that dd needed for today's dinner. All the people that I stood in line with were in very good moods. Nobody seemed angry or upset. Nobody seemed to have "grandiose" plans. There was a low-key, relaxed feeling of true celebration. It was the kind of feeling you would expect in Hawaii --- not on the icy, frozen East Coast USA. It was quite wonderful.

Today - working around nap time for a very jazzed-up one year old -- we will bring the childrens' gifts - and have a simple, delicious meal. My most precious moment might have been when the 10-year old took his baby brother up to the altar, when all the children were invited to come forward to be part of "The Christmas Play" . Or it might have been later in the service, when the one-year old wrestled his 8-year old brother down in the pew -- the baby covering his brothers' face with big, growling kisses!!

DS#1 and DS#2, with their beautiful wives (and one spectacular little daughter) -- are each at a different extended-family members' house -- celebrating Christmas Day with more children and more adults and great love!

We have learned -- even this year, through our Magical Holiday Home -- that we do not have to be in the same place -- and not at the same time -- to be joined in love. In fact, the love in our hearts doesn't know time and space. It doesn't differentiate whether the ones we love are living in this world -- or in another place.

There seems to be no end to what we can learn about love.

Quietly.... silently..... alone at your computer........... Rejoice! For just a little while....... put aside all worries and grievances...... and let your heart tell you what it knows of love.

5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Merry Christmas to All!

Looks like Jeff was busy keeping us all posted!

Had only about 7 or 8 to wrap yet last night and they were done by midnight!!!

Got up at 5:30 to make dressing and now all is cooking. Planning on eating at noon. 6 for sure and possible 3 others.

It is 6:45 and the kids are still sleeping. That is fine so I can catch up here. Downloaded some pictures this a.m. of the family here last night so will put on blog sometime.

My sister went to my birth mothers in Kansas (around Topeka) and she called last night and said they were having snow, ice and wind. They were suppose to go to our half sisters later today but they didn't know for sure. She lives closer to Kansas City I think.

DH went to feed and check the sheep. It is REALLY windy here. Had been all night.
    Everybody enjoy the day family, food and blessings to all!

Last edited: Dec 25, 2009
  6. Dakotasmamaw

Dakotasmamaw New Member

Good Morning and Merry Christmas to everyone and all who follow..

All the work , all the prep and finally this is the day we have all worked toward. My house looks very pretty.. Im getting ready to take my shower after this cup of coffee and then head down to start setting the tables..

We will have 9 also Lana.. It should be a good day.. Everyone will get here about 3. So thankful DD and I are together this Christmas.. DH is still fighting his cold, mine is hanging on, but he is a little worse. Or so he thinks... I think its his way of heading to the basement family room and watching games while I get ready for everyone... Thats ok.. He can keep Puppy out of my way... By the way, the new avatar here on my post is my uncle.. he is 6 months older than me.. We grew up like brother and sister, but I dont see him much anymore.. Too bad about that.. Maybe 2010, I will try and fix that...DH is very fond of him , so its just a matter of making the effort...

Everyone please have a wonderful, peaceful and meaningful day today.. Merry Christmas to all.

We have rain and wind too, no snow, which is ok... Means everyone can get here.. After they are all back home and safe tonight, it can snow 10 feet !

7. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

GOod morning and MERRY CHRISTMAS to my MHH family!

It's freezing rain here this morning. So happy we only have to travel a few blocks to my parents and then up the mountain this evening...not too far to go!

We had a lovely Christmas Eve. We went to Mass at 4, and it was standing room only! I'm so glad we arrived at 3:20, because there were no seats left by 3:45. Then we came home and hosted dinner for my brother, his gf and her son, and my parents. There were 9 of us and we feasted! Everything was delish. Then the elves brought ds and dd gifts...dh picked the wrong boxes out, so they got other gifts than pj's. LOL Then the pj's were left in the back door! What a mess! It's all funny and dd didn't have a clue! After everyone left, we got the cookies ready for Santa, put on our pj's, put out the reindeer food and read Twas the Night Before Christmas. DD fell asleep soon after. I did too! Thank goodness Santa still came!

This morning has been nice and quiet. The cinnamon rolls are rising, and will soon be baking. I'm going to put on some spiced cider too. The kids are on the wii....I'm going to try out my new Wii Fit next. Then it will be my parent's at 12, and my inlaws at 4.

Have a blessed day!

Peace, love and blessings,
    Lisa

8. wadeallie

wadeallie Active Member

Merry Christmas dear friends!
    Ethan has been up for hours already this morning, playing with his new DSI. His stocking was emptied all over the floor when I came out, too.

My oldest ds and family are due to arrive around 10:00. I am going to make some breakfast bread filled with raisins and cranberries. Ethan and dd, Caitlin are supposed to go over to Gary's later after 3:00, so I have to get my turkey cooking soon. I am filling my day with family and God will take care of me.

I hope you fill your day with family and friends! You are blessed to be here and know these dear "Internet Neighbors"! We are all blessed!
    Much love,
    Allison

9. aggy

aggy Santa's Elves

Merry Christmas. I'm just lying here in bed watching the Today show. Christmas Eve was wonderful. There were so many people that I could barely move around. It was GREAT!

Today a cousin invited everyone to her house today. I may go - not sure yet. Usually Christmas Day I just like to lounge around.

Dakotasmamaw I was so happy to read your post from yesterday. I love happy endings. Its great when you can laugh about things.

Wadeallie good for you. Family is so important. And you're right, God will take care of you. Just remember that and you will do fine in2010.

Teachemom cinnamon raisin rolls sounds yummy. Have a wonderful day with your family..

Dreamer, SparkleNana, Lana and WingedOne, you ladies have a wonderful Christmas.

I am so glad I found OC some years ago. I absolutely love getting on here sharing ideas, stories and developing friendships. I'm doing things I never would have thought of doing on my own to celebrate the holidays. This site is truly a blessing and inspiration. I tell my family about you guys all the time now. Some of them have actually been listening because I see them doing more and really getting more excited about Christmas.

I'm starting to talk jibberish so I will end by saying that all of you are so wonderful. I am so blessed to know you.

10. snowqueen

snowqueen Member

Merry Christmas to my wonderful MHH family. DS just called and asked if I would have pancakes for them if they came early.So him DDIL and DGS will be here sooner than planned. Youngest DS should be here around noon as planned unless he surprises us also.

I ran around last night until 7:00 getting last minute gifts after I got my paycheck and then I said this is it. What isn't done, is to late now so we will make the best of whatever. I think it will be a good day. My boys will be here and DIL, DGS, and youngest sons girlfriend so it will be all good.

Good bless you all, God bless us everyone!

11. aggy

aggy Santa's Elves

Snowqueen we posted at the same time. Merry Christmas.

12. AnnieClaus

AnnieClaus Active Member

MERRY CHRISTMAS MHH FAMILY!

Yesterday we had the tamale dinner at my parents, then we drove and looked at lights, then my sister and I went to the 10pm church candlelight service. She had wrapping to do so I stayed up with her for moral support. Lastly, we set out our Nativity tray. Then, it was to bed!

Now we are up and are getting ready to head over to my brothers for coffee and different breads-pumpkin, banana. And to open presents.

Later we will have our Christmas dinner.

Peace on earth goodwill to all mankind!

Annie

13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Morning and Merry Christmas!

DD was the first one up around 6:40 a.m. She came and woke us and told us about her new bike downstairs and her stocking with candy. hehe I told her to go wake her brother and we could start opening presents soon. We all came down and got everything opened. I think they had a pretty good Christmas. Santa left a note about the trampoline so they weren't as excited as if it had been set up but they will be in a few days when it's out there for them to jump on.

We are under a blizzard warning until 6 p.m. tonight. We are about an hour west of Topeka and it's snowing again. We have 4-5 ft. or higher drifts in places from the heavy winds.

DD is upstairs playing with her new dollhouse and DS is downstairs playing the new Super Mario game on Wii with DH. It was DH's present. I got some comfy boot slippers and a new coat! I also got the new Sports Active for Wii, it's got different workouts than the first one. Eli is happily migrating from one spot to another playing with whatever happens to be laying on the floor and occassionally his new toys.

My turkey is still frozen so it's in the sink in warm water. I've had it in the refrigerator for almost 3 days and it's only an 11 pound bird. So, hopefully we can have it for dinner.

I've got a monster headache and runny nose now. I think i'm going to lay on the couch for a bit. Whatever I have is still hanging on and it needs to go away. DS is fine this morning though.

Enjoy your day!

14. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Good morning and Merry Christmas to you all!!!

The big day is finally here!! So excited!!

The kids didn't get up until 8:30, what a nice gift for us!!

We opened our stockings and had breakfast and then opened the presents under the tree. Everyone is happy with their gifts. The kids didn't say anything about what Santa brought them until I mentioned it. They were kind of cheesed off that Santa ate the cookies and drank the milk, but didn't leave any presents. Santa brought them Guitar Hero and it was set up downstairs. Boy, were they surprised!!

The rest of the day will be spent relaxing and enjoying this wonderful day with my husband and kids.

Have a great day!!

15. Kim Loves Snow

Kim Loves Snow Santa's Elves

Merry, merry Christmas MHH friends! Last night fiance and I went to the 11pm candlelight service and we were early so I suggested that we drive around and look at lights. While driving, through some trees, I saw a beautiful neighborhood that was lit with luminaries. I wanted to drive through it so bad so fiance drove around and around until we found it. It was a little community with beautiful Victorian houses. All the houses decorated fully and five or six streets were lined with luminaries. It really took my breath away!

When we arrived home we (I) wrapped gifts until almost 3am. Then we slept in until almost 10am! I NEVER sleep that late but it was cloudy and I was tired. I made breakfast for fiance and we've been watching Christmas movies and enjoying each others company.

Believe it or not I'm STILL wrapping presents. I laughed and told fiance that we are wrapping while everyone else is unwrapping!

My darn cell phone caused me to miss a merry Christmas call from my brother. It did not ring, just went straight to voice mail. I tried to call him back but they had already left for his SIL's house. I hope I can talk to him later today and maybe I'll speak to my nieces too!

We have no plans for dinner other than to partake in leftover birthday lasagna from yesterday. In a way it does not seem like Christmas. But both sets of parents come in Sunday evening and boys come home Sunday morning...we'll do our Christmas on Monday morning. I should be done wrapping by then! LOL.

I don't think I can do this skipping Christmas thing again. I really miss it way too much. I'm excited to start planning in January what I'm going to do for Christmas 2010 - we'll all be living together as a family then and it will be very exciting for me to plan Christmas with children in the house.

Well, I'm off to wrap more presents. I hope everyone's dinner and family plans are just fabulous!!!

16. girlsinmo

girlsinmo New Member

Merry Christmas everyone. I'm so HAPPY I was able to get here to read today. You all have no idea(then again maybe you do :) how much of a blessing the post here are. It seems like when one or more of us need encouragement we can find it here and part of the time we don't even realize we're saying just what someone needs to here. I'm so happy to be part of this loving community.

My DS & DIL came down yesterday, we had our big meal then as DD had to work daytime today. My DGD had SO many presents to open. We always give her the presents on Christmas Eve. Then on Christmas Day she finds her stocking that santa has filled with a few small presents and snacks. This year Spanky her elf had left her a present to unwrapped too.

I'm not feeling to good today so just relaxing and watching DGD play with new toys.

Hope you all have a beautiful Christmas with your family & friends.

17. aggy

aggy Santa's Elves

Afternoon all. Still lying in bed watching British Comedies on public tv. Kim I too am ready to start planning for 2010. It's been on my mind all morning. I'm glad to hear that everyone's Christmas is going well. To those of you feeling a little under the weather, try and take it easy if you can.

18. chilli

chilli Member

I wish you peaceful, magical, funny, happy Christmas Days!!!

As we had our main Christmas Eve yesterday evening, I have posted it here:

http://magicalholidayhome.com/forum/showthread.php?t=21536&page=3

Today we had a relaxing day - we visited my mother-in-law for lunch. The rest of the day we spent at home at our couch as the weather was cold, windy and rainy. We watched TV (Christmas movies incl our favourite - Christmas Vacation with Chevy Chase), had hot tea and I continued with my Christmas pillow...

Tomorrow we will meet the rest of our family. Hope you have a peaceful, funny, happy christmas as well!

Chilli

19. Cathymac

Cathymac Administrator

Good Christmas afternoon, my friends! What a wonderful holiday this has turned out to be!! After all the hustle and bustle and being wet and going down to the last moment..everything has gone just fine.

I made my last run to Wal-Mart yesterday afternoon, parking in the "north 40" (which means far away, for you non-southerners! LOL) and cheerfully walking in to the store with no rain...but when I came out (about two hours and $200 later...)it was POURING again. But it was Christmas Eve, DH and the boys were waiting on me to get home so they could go finish up...and I had things to do! So I just headed out...by the time I got to the truck, my clothes and hair were drenched. I put the stash in the truck and just came home! LOL!! DH and the little ones finished about 5, our guests arrived at 6 and everything went well last night. Our appetizer buffet was well received. The only thing I was unhappy about was something I couldn't control..it was raining so hard we couldn't light the candles out front. So note to self for next year: put up lights! The candlelight is gorgeous, but the lights work in all weather (well, ideally!) LOL!!

Anywho...I had all of the Santa stuff, including stocking stuffers, wrapped, so we just had to wait for the boys to go to sleep and then Santa came. We got in bed by midnight. I opened the door on the way to bed and looked out...and it was snowing!!! Alas, we it didn't stick and we don't have a white Christmas, but we do have a cold one!

The boys got us up at 6ish...we opened presents (DH did GOOD!!!) and laughed and talked..then I made some cinnamon rolls to tide us over until brunch time. We had bacon and sausage and eggs and biscuits and waffles, juice and coffee for brunch, with apple cinnamon sticky buns . No one touched the buns so we'll take them to my mom's at 4.

Right now I'm watching "Little Women". I LOVE that movie!!!

The boys and DH each wrapped the stocking stuffers for the name they drew at my mom's...I'd cleverly already wrapped mine! Tee hee! Finally got my new phone set up and working. I feel like a grown up again!

So...after all that boring drivel..just want to say Merry, Merry Christmas! Have a blessed, safe, peaceful holiday!! See you tomorrow! We have more merry making tonight and then again tomorrow! I love an extended holiday, don't you???

20. wadeallie

wadeallie Active Member

Good afternoon friends!

Cathymac: I am watching LITTLE WOMEN too. It was one of my favorite books when I was young and I love to watch the movie whenever it is on.

I too am VERY thankful for this site. You..my dear, dear friends have all supported me this past year. When I feel down I come on the site and someone always does something to lift my spirits. I have had a rough 24 hours. My husband walked out on us but then he tried to ease his conscience by sending me a Christmas card signed: "With Love". Then he called twice last night and this morning to ease his guilt with the kids and wish them a MERRY CHRISTMAS as if he were such a caring father. It's all an attempt to take away HIS guilt. Nothing long term. Christmas has always been very important to both of us and with it's arrival he must've felt overwhelmed but "He made his bed". We begin the court ordered classes and paperwork on January 15th. By Feb.2nd it should be close to being over. Needless to say........my sadness has been a bit overwhelming today, but I know I am blessed and God has a plan for me. I just have to be patient. A friend posted once: "That God has a plan but until he reveals it, you gotta stay out of his way." This I will try.
    BTW: I returned Gary's Christmas card: RETURN TO SENDER.

My oldest ds and grandbabies came this morning. The house was full of noise and mayhem! I was exhausted afterwards! We opened gifts and ate the breakfast bread I made and the girls proceeded to spill grape juice on the carpet. All the usual mayhem!

Thank you friends for being here for me. I pray that in the coming year there will be less days of "woe is me" and more "Yippee!" days to relate.
    Love you all,
    ~Allison