It's Fri-YAY 7/13/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Jul 13, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

Up early, a load in the washer, now to unload the dishwasher and whiz around with the vacuum. Vic comes home today - midday instead of late tonight but he'll go into the office as he has a local inspection next week and needs to do some prep work. Tomorrow is the Hallmark Keepsake Ornament Premiere so we'll head out early to be there right as they open as there are several limited edition ornaments that I would like to pick up before they are all gone. Then we'll head to breakfast and do some running around before we have to be at the woodworking store for a demo of a new something (tool? process? I can't remember). Sunday is our celebration for Vic's 24th Navy anniversary - afternoon tea which I was hoping to serve as we watched England in the World Cup final but you know what happened there. :rolleyes:

Have a fabulous weekend, everyone, and I hope a visit to Hallmark is on your agenda.

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Last night mom came out and ate and swam with us. I have those dishes in the sink. I was so TIRED for some reason and hit the bed about 9:30.

Work today and will be the first Friday night for me to leave with the new time of 5:00. Home at regular time then 5:30.

Probably pick up in here.

Had 109 ears of corn. Gave mom about 22.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

4. Cathymac2

Cathymac2 Active Member

I’m off work today and headed to a vintage flea market today with one of my besties! I’m sure lunch will be involved, most likely Mexican food. Thankfully it’s inside an old Walmart building so it’s air conditioned because it’s HOT here! It was 98 yesterday.
    Have a great day! Stay hydrated!

5. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I am working in the heat of the day today. 12:30 to 9:00. I work on the festival from home yesterday organizing my notes and making a list of signs a co-worker offered to make for me. I still want meet with the set up guy and make sure the set up I have planned.

I am a little nervous about one of the vendors. I am afraid he is going to bail on me. I told him yesterday that if he failed to get his paperwork done it would be to late for me to get anyone else there is a language barrier so I am thinking of talking to the lady in the permit off and asking her to speak with him.

Better move along. I have a very busy schedule for the next 2 weeks.

6. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Morning, everyone.

Yesterday was a busy day. DGS's ball team is having a bake sale today, so yesterday I baked two pecan pies and baked and decorated 120 cupcakes for them to sell. DH and I ate some supper and I went into the bakery to do the baking for the weekend...6 - 6 inch rounds and 3 dozen baby related cookies, so not a bad night.

We've been getting rain, thankfully, but I haven't heard the weather today, so don't know if we're through for a while or not. I heat advisory came through on my phone this morning.

I slept in really late this morning because I gave in around 3 yesterday and took a muscle relaxer. I'm going to make an appointment with my GP and talk to him about making an appointment with the back and spine institute in Shreveport. Wish I lived near Diedra's Mayo clinic! I can't cope with taking muscle relaxers the rest of my life.

I better get busy...have dishes to do, clothes to wash, bills to pay, and floors to sweep and mop.

Jody, how long is the festival? Stay hydrated in the heat.
    Lana, we didn't put up any corn this year. We really need a second freezer. Glad they have shortened the days back.
    Cathy, what's the name of the flea market? We love to go to flea market "malls". Hope you find some treasures!
    Pamela, enjoy your day. I know you'll be glad to see Vic.

Hope you all have a great day!

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I got another migraine yesterday. Just my week I guess. I'll let the chiropractor know when I go in this morning. I'm really hoping it doesn't come back today. I go for my manometry test this afternoon so I can't eat or drink after 7 a.m. so we're going for our walk 45 minutes earlier than usual so I can get back and eat something before my deadline.

DH, the kids and I went to BWW last night for dinner, despite my headache. I had the Cuban and it was pretty darn good. I came home and took my meds and was in bed by 7:30. DH came in and turned on the overhead light o_O, I wanted to smack him. The kids never came and told me goodnight, at least not that I remember anyway.

I better get my shoes on!

Enjoy your day!

8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

I too wish I lived near Diedra's Mayo Clinic! :)

This morning I went and did yoga on the wooden terrace in back of The Château Frontenac.. free yoga, about 100 people. It was fun but hot! had to take a shower afterwards (takes about 20 min to get there by foot). Found a $5 bill outside in the grass at 6:00 am.. no one around, so I guess it's mine!

Think I'll go see how hot it is at noon outside. DS's girlfriend texted and she wants to eat fondue tonight (even thought it's hot for that!), so we'll stop to pick up some meat for that on the way home.

Later

9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. going to hallmark tomo. we have fall and halloween up at cracker barrel. have agood evening

10. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all. Another nice day.

The Mets did not win last night but they are playing better. Now if they could just stop injuring themselves.....

Went downstairs to move the laundry and found the freezer had not been properly closed. Lost all the ice cream and hamburgers but the rest of the meat and chicken was cold enough that it was usable. So I made a meatloaf, marinated chicken breasts for fajitas and a london broil for tonight. The rest of the stuff was mainly bread and veggies which will refreeze nicely. Not as bad a disaster as it could have been.

Will soon begin working on the camper - taking things out and putting them back.

Organizing more papers, of course.

Jess - would you be teaching a specific subject when you finish your degree or many subjects in the earlier grades?
    Lisa - keep it slow and easy while you heal
    Pam - I'm sure Rocky loves you back!
    Cathymac - good to see you posting again
    Diedra - wow! what a storm!
    Jody - hope the festival goes well
    Lucie - you're rich!
    Jane - good luck for DGS's bake sale
    Pamela and HW2 - enjoy the Hallmark preview - all the Hallmark stores near me have disappeared
    Lana - enjoy your new early hours

11. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

It's warm and sunny here today. Very nice summer weather. Miss M and I just got back from our big grocery shop. Aldi and Walmart were both very busy today. I pulled the Tahoe into the front yard to unload. It's much easier when it's just M and I. The guys are at work. H is doing a double. Then they'll both go to work on the roof tonight after dinner.

Otherwise not too much going on...I'll do bills and laundry in a bit. We got good news that H earned a 2500 dollar scholarship for this semester because of his good grades in his ag classes. I'm so happy and proud of him.

Debbie...glad the freezer issue didn't cause too much loss.
    Lucie...I've been wanting fondue too....lol. No one is interested in it but me.
    Cathy...enjoy the flea market! I hope you find some nice treasures.There's a vintage market in Pittsburgh this weekend, but no one I know wants to venture to it and I don't want to drive all that way alone.
    Jane...glad you decided to reach out to your dr. J has had alot of success with PT. He also feels better when he does his back exercises at home using the exercise ball.
    PamelaG...did you see that the Downton movie is starting production soon?!
    Lana...enjoy the new hours!

Sending love and blessings to you all!

12. PamelaG

Yes, I certainly did and the cast from the series is returning. I hope the movie is up to the same standard as the series. All my UK-loving friends are doing a Happy Dance!

teachermomof2 likes this.
  13. missjane

Afternoon, everyone.

I almost panicked! I thought, briefly, that the dishwasher was going out. It didn't sound right, so I don't think the water was coming in correctly, but I reset the dial and it did fine. Phew! I have a few more "hand washers" to do and I'll be finished. I have some things that need to go home to the storage shed, but have been too lazy to get that done. I paid a few bills and ran to the Crowville house to check on it because I dreamed that the roof was leaking with all the rain we've had, but it was fine. Somehow, dirt dobbers have invaded the utility room. I opened the back door to let them find a way out and wasps had built a nest at the top of the door frame outside :eek:! Took care of that and came back home.

I need to shower and finish what I'm taking to DS's tonight for the birthday celebration for DGS.

Gotta run...DH needs me.

14. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Back from the chiropractor. He cracked and adjusted everything that needed it. I called my mom on the way home and we chatted for a while. I'm already really hungry, I think knowing you can't eat makes you more hungry.

Pamela- Do they have the ornaments shown online or are they only in a catalog? I would like to see what's coming out but don't want to have to drive all the way to a store if there's nothing that I want. LOL
    Lana- That's a lot of corn! I love good corn on the cob, can't find good here and it's super expensive.
    Hi Cathy, nice to see you!
    Jody- Drink lots of water today!
    Jane- I hope you find some relief with your back.
    Lucie- The yoga sounds nice! My PT suggested it but I just can't turn my brain off.
    Hi HW2!
    Debbie- I'm glad you could save most of the freezer stuff! I will be certified for K-8th grade, but am thinking somewhere between 1-4th maybe.
    Lisa- Congratulations to H!

15. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Saturday here and once again I have the house to myself. Trying to figure out how to spend my day.
    Need to pick up DS birthday gift from the local supermarket. Need to wrap all gifts for tomorrow. DS has a friend arriving from interstate tonight so I will need to do a little tidy up.
    An afternoon nap may be on the cards too.

16. missjane

Hi, everyone.

It was a good time tonight at DS' house. Several close family friends and a handful of DGS's friends were there. Three boys are spending the night. One of my niece's is in from Texas and she came over to say hi to everyone.

I'm nor particularly liking the touch pad on this new computer...wish you could take one home and use it a few days before you actually buy one...sort of like test driving a car. You don't really realize how it does or doesn't meet your needs and wants until you've used it on a daily basis.

DD25 is going to a see a friend who lives in Florida and will be on the road by herself, so say a prayer for her safety, is you will. I don't like it when she travels alone so far. She'll be returning Thursday.

Hi, Katrina. Hope you have a good day. How old will DS be?
    Jess, how did the procedure go? I think you're right...knowing you're not supposed to eat makes a person more hungry.
    Lisa, congratulations to H!! Per semester! That's awesome!
    Debbie, good thing you found the freezer before all was lost. We have to watch ours because it doesn't close well.
    HW2, hope you find some ornaments tomorrow. I'm not even sure there's a Hallmark store still open here - well, not HERE where we live for sure, but in Monroe (50 miles), which is where our big name chain stores are and where we go for major shopping, "real" doctors, etc.
    Lucie, I've thought about yoga. It sounds like a very relaxing place where you had it this morning. Y'all have showers where you work?

Night, everyone. Praying you all rest well.

17. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Missjane, DS will be 30 tomorrow.

Picked up gift, have wrapped gifts, done house work. Starting to get cold here so I think a bath is in order and will sit down and catch p on some recorded shows.
    Hoping that you are all having a great night.

18. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Lisa - congrats to H!!

Yes we have a gym at work with some showers. Employer lends us the area and we paid for the equipment with a cooperative. We pay for our classes.

19. PamelaG

Yes, they are online, www.hallmark.com, and you can order that way as well. They have them all listed by character, theme, series, etc. in the sidebar on the left-hand side. So much cuteness for Christmas! I picked up my pre-order and browsed a little to see what else caught my eye, a few more ;). Gonna need another tree!