It's Fri-YAY 7/6/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Jul 6, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Vic's back at work today so time for a few chores. I moved things around in the office so I need to finish tidying that up and finish up in the Christmas room (the third bedroom where all the Christmas totes are stored). Time to try to get back into Project Life and get it caught up.

Have a great weekend!

3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning Pam and All!

It is Friday--Yah! I will get off 3:30 to 4. I want to leave here shortly and get gas, go by Dollar General and maybe the bakery. At lunch need to go to another bank for Aunt Imogene and get about a fourth to half yard of solid pink and then want to go see Aunt Im after work so can stay around house this week-end.

To be 88 today (was 98 yesterday) and tom. is to be 84. Humidity is suppose to be down and then Sunday alittle warmer and then the heat back next week!

Last night I got home and Allen and Teigan was in the pool so I got in and Allen went to grill. Mom came and swarm and ate with us.

I better close and get moving.

Have a GREAT day all!

4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Was supposed to be cooler this morning... hmpf! lots of humidity and rain... so didn't go to outside yoga, went to the gym.

Errands tonight and that's it.. just work, work, work.

Later

5. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Morning ladies. Glad its Friday and pay day. Need to pay bills and make a menu for shopping tomorrow morning. Work today not much past that.

Have a great Friday!

6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

I'm a little ticked today. Dh made plans with me to go into the Twin Cities shopping at Sam's Club. Then his golf buddies wanted him to golf. Without a thought that he had made plans with me he's off to play golf. Not that I mind. I'm upset that he didn't think it was polite to excuse himself from our plans.

I'm hiding out in my room. Not because of Dh but DD. It's her work day and I try to not carry on a conversation with the LC1 until DD has gone to work. DD of course gets mad if LC1 talks with anyone else. lol

Boots has been drinking water from the new water dish that came yesterday but not Twillow. It's a bubbler so to a cat it's dangerous. I think by tomorrow he will get thirsty enough to try it. Twillow has watch Boots drink several times.

I have a few things to finish on the shadowbox I'm doing then it can be mailed. The next one will be a fishing one since both my grandfather's fished with my dad and my brother. Don't think I ever went but I was really young when they died and I'm not sure if fishing was something ladies did back in the old days. lol

Have a good start on the weekend.

7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Scattered rain today and somewhat lower temperatures but still basically steamy outside.

Today I have to bake a cake for tomorrows BBQ at a friend's house in NJ. I'm thinking of a Bailey's Irish Cream Poke Cake. DH and I will probably pick up DS and DDIL in the city and drive out with them. Should be a fun day and certainly good food.

Working on figuring out a problem due to a cancellation on our caravan, otherwise just usual stuff planned for the day.

Diedra - I get very annoyed too when DH does not tell me what he has planned, whether it messes up my plans or not - just darn inconsiderate! Would love to see what one of your shadowboxes looks like
    Pamela - glad you can get back to scrapbooking today. I need to too.
    Lana - how nice that everyone could go for a swim!
    Hi Shannon and Lucie

8. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone!

Not up to much today. Am hurting, but what else is new right?

I hope to sew today. Dgd said she would like the receiving blankets to be two layers. Less work for me. So that is a win/win. I need to check my ribbon stash for some smallish pieces of ribbon for a tag give toy. I will put a cookie wrapper in it for a crinkle toy. Our former pastor's youngest daughter loved the one I made her. Her mama said it was her favorite toy.

That is about it for me. Hope you all have a good day.

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I need to get up and moving and get ready. We have an organizational day this morning for DH's Company up in Haleiwa. I will drive separately because I have a chiropractor visit on my way. I'm going to ask him not to do the TMJ thing today. I've had a slight headache for a couple days and don't want to aggravate anything. Then DD has her Ortho appointment for her foot at 12:30, so her and I will have to leave early. It was to be at 1:30 but they called yesterday and moved it up. They wanted to move it up to 11 but I said we were busy. The doctor now has two surgeries but they aren't sure what time the second one will be, so hopefully we will be able to see her. DD's foot started hurting on the 4th in the original spot on the outside of her ankle so she really does need to be seen.

Once we get back I guess i'm running to the Commissary even though DH went last night. He didn't take my list and I need to get stuff, to include DD's cake stuff since her birthday is Sunday.

Enjoy your day!

10. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon! Hello to all!

It started out as a rainy day, but the sun is out now. It's 79* and breezy. Looks like we should be rain free and comfy for the next few days.

Yesterday was rainy most of the day. After the big storm passed, M and I went to JCP to return my comforter and bed skirt. Then we got her new sandals since her other ones broke and can't be worn. We did some searching for bedding for me and nightstands. I even checked the Goodwill store, after dropping off 3 bags of clothes, for something. No luck. When we got home 2 hours later, Karla had again chewed the wood trim around the door and ripped a piece off. I don't know what her deal is! I'm pretty sure it didn't storm while we were gone, but something spooked her. Lana and Jane...we did talk about painting or staining our furniture and adding new pulls. I'll have to talk to J about it more. I made Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup for dinner yesterday. Perfect for a rainy day.

I haven't done much today....last load of laundry is in the dryer. I did actually vacuum and it didn't cause me any pain. Woot! I did the usual stuff. I need to pay bills today, too. We are taking M to a sleepover for her bf's birthday, then we are doing a dinner and a movie date to see Jurassic World. H is on his own for dinner. :p

That's about if for me....hope you all have a fabulous Friday evening and start to the weekend!
    ~peace and blessings~

11. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

12. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

DD21 and I both had PT at 9 this morning. It was my last, but I see the doctor Monday and will ask for more to be prescribed. It's DD's next to last. I was hurting really badly Wednesday night and finally took a Flexiril, so I slept most of the day yesterday. I woke up around 4 and went to the bakery to decorate more cupcakes for the cases and bake the cakes for the weekend. DGS#1 has a ballgame tonight at 8 in Monroe. That's why I went in last night. Worked until about 7:30.

Our grass is turning brown and crunchy around here. We desperately need rain. I worked in the garden some today and started watering it. All the plants were wilted over. I've been slowly working in the kitchen. Just not in a cleaning mood today, but it has to be done.

I turned in the job application to the bank, but haven't heard anything, so wondering whether or not I will. We're a really small area, so everyone knows everyone and lots of things are based on politics, connections, who you know, and who you are. I saw someone there when I turned it in that doesn't particularly care for me - have never done anything to her or been rude to her, so don't know why. Some people just get it into their minds they don't like a person without really knowing them. Anyway, if she has anything to do with it, I won't be hired.

One of DD25's cats jumps on top of theirs because she likes to see the bubbles come up!
    Diedra, you do so well with helping manage Vanessa's moods. Husbands just don't think, so they?

Lana, getting into the pool sounds great!

Jess, hope things check out well with DD's foot.

Lisa, I've been seeing the news reports of all the rain and wondering how it was affecting you where you live. Reading about H milking made me think of my Daddy. He grew up in an orphanage in Oklahoma and was on the milking crew. They used to wake them up at 4:00, year round, to milk the cows. I don't think there was much mechanical equipment around then. I think it was hand milking. It was one of the things the orphanage did to support itself.

Debbie, the cake sounds good. Hope you get the glitch worked out for the caravan.

Pam, it's always nice when a gift is well received.

Shannon, a job these days is certainly something to be thankful for, but wish you could find one that fulfills you more.

Pamela, a whole room to store Christmas in sounds great!

Lucie, I totally get the humidity making you want to stay inside. We're humid more than we're not.

I need to finish off the kitchen...still need to clean off the snack bar...why does it have to be the dumping place?!o_O

Hope you all have a great evening.

13. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

We are back from DD's appointment. Her ankle is definitely swollen but there's no pain, only when she runs. So the doctor wasn't sure of a diagnosis or if there's anything really wrong, aside from that she probably overdid it too soon. She put her in for PT and we'll see how that does. If she gets worse then she'll order a new MRI to make sure she didn't injure any ligaments or tendons. She did have new x-rays done today and they looked good. Her ankle was warm to the touch. She said motrin, ice and elevate and use the camboot again as needed when she has symptoms. We're to make another appointment after she finishes PT.

14. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Diedra.... Twillow reminds me of Karla. We bought her a new bed and she will not lay on it. I'm thinking once the weather cools she may return to sleeping on one.

Jane....rain has been pretty non-stop. Rivers are high. The city gets flash flooding, hillsides are sliding. It's crazy. Glad you are going to continue PT.

The movie was good. The ending was interesting Pamela.

15. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Active Member

How did Friday get here so soon??? I'm not sure where my week went but it's gone by too fast for me.
    My plan for the day was to get up early, do my workout, make parkerhouse rolls and then work on my quilt. My alarm went off at 7 but I got up at 845! Then I got hung up on the hallmark Christmas movies. I'm blaming that on my husband, he had them on when I got up. By the time I finished my workout and the rolls it was time for dinner then back to more Christmas movies. Maybe I'll get to the quilt tomorrow.
    Miss Jane I'll gladly send you some water! We still have puddles in the yard from the storm yesterday. We need to mow badly but it's way too wet. Now that it's cooled off it may take until Sunday or Monday to get it done.
    I guess it's time to head off to bed soon. Good night to all.

16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

One of those bitsy days here. DD and her BF were meant to come to lunch but they are both unwell so have stayed away. DH was looking for some paperwork to fill out a form, so I went through the filing cabinet to look for it. Next thing I am sorting out the filing cabinet.
    DH boss is coming to dinner so I have tidied the house and am about to have a bath, get dressed and set the table. Am trying to convince DH to get changed and not wear the clothes that he is currently wearing:rolleyes: