It's Fri-YAY! 9-13-19

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, Sep 13, 2019 at 4:56 AM.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

It's Friday the 13th and a full moon. Wish me luck at school today!

Yesterday was busy....M got to play in the varsity game yesterday, so it looks like we will be going to those games too. Then she played most of the JV game....almost had a goal, but did get the assist. I'm so proud of her for working so hard in soccer, school and dance. Then we went to dinner after the game with my brother and his gf. We got home after 9, and I went to bed at 10 to watch Dead Files and fell asleep about 1030.

Thankful that it's just practice tonight.

Lana....it was our school that was flown over on 9/11.

Have a blessed day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning! Sunny and 18C in the forecast today. Cycling tour is in town, roads are closed, traffic will be horrible tonight.
    Pam - Congrats to your daughter for the book, will go check it out on google.
    Pamela - hoping for the best with Vic and the areas he can be assigned to.

Did gym. Regular work day and maybe groceries tonight if I don't want to go tomorrow. Lots on my to-do llist for the weekend …. AND

It's Friday the 13th and a Full Moon…. I guess I'll Watch a horror movie tonight in pjs on the couch… well that's what I'd like anyways ..
    Halloween2.jpg

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone!

Lighter workload today, I hope. Two therapists off today. One patient finishing the program today. Two patients being tested to enter the program. Will probably work on paperwork.

DGS#1 had a football game last night. DDIL's dad is having a heart cath done this morning. Praying all is found well or at least able to be corrected, if needed. High school game is tonight...not sure if we'll go. I'm ready for a day at home tomorrow. The temperatures will still be awful, but maybe I can get a little done outside before it's too unbearable.

Pamela, hope everything works out for Vic.
    Lana, glad you're getting four days in a row off...always nice!
    Lisa, hope today the kids don't drive you crazy. M's high school days will fly by! Enjoy them.
    Lucie, sounds like a good plan for tonight.
    Katrina, hoarding by my mom is one of the reasons we haven't been able to get the house at Crowville to a point that we can get the work done on it that's needed. So hard to deal with. I know DH will do what he can, but it's very draining mentally to have to deal with both the stuff and the person.

Hope you all have a great day!

teachermomof2 and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

Eva the puppy's medication has started to work. Hoping this second round kills off the little bugs that are bothering her. I'm washing all the dogs bedding, their beds and our bedding since the dogs get on there. Dog toys will be tossed and replaced.

Hoarding is a major problem. I went to a seminar on it a few years ago. I now will not help people who hoard. The instructor said it doesn't do any good to help them organize unless they are being treated for the mental illness that is causing the problem. They will just gather more items to replace anything that was tossed or organized.

We are stopping by the bank this morning, then Dh thinks he might be golfing unless the course is closed because of all the rain we've had and I still have some packing. I have a list some where or maybe several lists floating around here. LC1 is working today so she will try to keep DD busy with something. I wish there was more to pack that was unbreakable but that's mainly what is left. Yesterday DD helped me by handing my the packing paper and was happy she was helping.

6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

Took Teig P to school and she is so excited to have us come in about an hour. We will go thru the classroom, and then the book fair to buy some of those CHEAP (LOL) books and then the kids will put on a show. All 10 classes will do alittle something seperately. Then I think us, mom, Teigan, Jan and Greg (Ryans parents) will go to lunch and she will go with gma Jan.

I need to run to Mt. Vernon to pick up a Kohls order and check on a few things in a couple stores.

Then the plan is the work here and possibly a few things at Jaymees for the rest of the week-end. Will go see Aunt Imogene too, a couple days.

Madison WTG on varsity!

I better see where the camera is--can't find it, and a few things together.

Have a GREAT day!

7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Nearing midnight here.
    DD and I got a dress for the wedding, got new shoes too as I has nothing suitable. Sushi for dinner.
    A fruitful day overall.
    Spoke to DH he got a bit done but he said it is so daunting.

Night all.

luludou likes this.
  8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I realized after DS took my car to work yesterday that my wallet was still in it. DH and I went on the bike last night to go get it. It was a nice ride and we got to see DS at work. We got hot fudge sundaes while there. hehe I came down this morning and saw DS's paycheck on the counter so once he gets up and signs it i'll get it deposited through our banking app. Since he has such a short commute to school now and hopefully work will be able to transfer him soon, he should be able to save money. He gets free food at work too.

I have a hair appointment this morning. I planned on going a brighter red but now i'm not so sure I want to. Not sure I want to spend all that money right now. I just bought some color extending shampoo that i've used twice and I think it really does help. Just not sure I want to go brighter going into winter. I didn't think about that until a friend mentioned that I should do that for the spring/summer months and my current color for fall/winter. Makes sense. Might decide to wait until spring.

DH is testing today in class so may be home early. He wants to go out tonight to dinner I think. DD is going with our friends for a weekend in a hotel in Waikiki. They are going on a marriage retreat and invited DD to go to keep their oldest (her best friend) company. Their middle son (Eli's friend) is staying with a neighbor so they will be short a child. DS is working tonight. I am going to schedule my Objective Assessment for 7 a.m. tomorrow morning to get it done. I need to study today after my hair appointment and I run by Schofield and pick up a refill prescription.

Lisa- Great job M! That's a huge accomplishment!
    Lucie- I admire you going to the gym all the time. I really need to take a page from your book. AMC (I think) has the Friday the 13th movies on all day, it's a marathon.
    Jane- Sending good thoughts DDIL's fathers way! Good luck to DGS#1 tonight.
    Diedra- I hope the meds work for Eva this go round. Sounds like a great way to have DD help.
    Lana- Great that you guys can go in for a while.
    Katrina- Great job on the dress shopping!

Enjoy your day!

9. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning!!

I am cleaning like a crazy woman. I just have the laundry left and vacuum. The last thing for HGP is the wash the dog blankets. I want to be able to rest and relax tomorrow.

Hope all of you have a great day!!!

10. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

It is still morning, so Good Morning, MHH LAND!

Hurting today, but I will do my best to persevere in my decrapification process. I am almost finished! Wow! That feels good to say! I want to hang some plates that my dad had. I think I will put them in my sewing area.

Then I have a few things to clean up in the living room. Then on to the kitchen, bedroom and bathroom. Just cleaning.

I had forgotten that for the baby shower tomorrow that the guests were asked to bring a book instead of a card. Not having the extra money right now, I swiped one of the books I bought for Brysen's Christmas. Speaking of books, Amazon is selling Jennifer's book. Celebrating Brokenness by Jennifer Coffman. I am so proud of her! Forgive me for bragging! Cause I am going to do it anyway.

I haven't had breakfast yet so I guess I will have brunch. But what? I am not in the mood for anything in particular...except for something I cannot afford. Sigh...

Hope you are all having a great day! It is gonna be another hottie today, folks! So, stay safe and be blessed! Drink lots of water! TTYL!!!

11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Ex-cw Sylvie surprised me by stopping by work this Morning - we chatted for awhile - was really nice. Then at noon went for a walk with other cw to visit a new theater and there is the cycling race in town too. took a few pictures.

Yay, weekend is almost here!!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello there!

Dragging at work this morning because it was after 11pm by the time I got home and got ready to crawl into bed but it was so worth it because the Downton Abbey movie was awesome! The costumes were to die for, witty dialogue, interesting story lines that IMO could be used for another movie. Really enjoyed it.

Quiet day at work but there's quite a bit to do since I was off yesterday. Not much planning for the weekend other than the usual scrapbooking, Netflix-watching, office organizing type of things I usually have on the agenda. I should get out and organize the garage now that I have more room but I just don't feel like it. We'll see.

Have a great rest of your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. Pam Spaur

Slowly getting a few things done. I hung the plates. Been suffering with the back pain. Sorting some more stuff. I am giving a friend's mom the embroidery stuff. I just remembered some stuff to get out of a drawer to add to the bag. I need to check out my gift bags to see if I have 2 baby girl bags. I have another shower next Saturday. I'm gonna have to sew for that! I am so broke. I need gas. Have a couple of scrips to pick up. A woman's work is never done. Am I right?

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Okay, grandparents day over and we all went to dinner together. Then Allen mom and I to Mt. Vernon. I ran into Kohls and got the dress and shoes I ordered for Teigan then Allen let mom and I out at Dollar Tree while he ran to Wal-Mart and home we came.

Allen went to town to mow and I am deciding where to start at!!!!! Teigan said gma I won't be there this week end so you can clean. Now to get it done. So overwhelmed by it all----being very honest here!

15. Pam Spaur

The craft area is finished now! Glory hallelujah! I hope to get the living room done before I go to bed. I will have two boxes and two trash bags to donate. Maybe I will have more later. I will be so happy to get it out of here! All out of here!

It has been mostly sunny today, but hot and humid. I think it did rain for a short while this afternoon, because I heard some thunder rumbles. We need it, as we are about 1inch short for the month! Where has the summer gone? Holy cow!

Now I am getting a headache. Stupid weather. Perhaps I should go take something. The sun has gone down kinda early this evening. It isn't dark dark. But it is getting there. I sure don't like these shorter days.

Ok, time to get busy. Have a great evening, everyone. TTYL!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning
    Just spoke to DH, the official diagnosis for FIL is mesothelioma, looks like they will do some radiation. He is 80 and there is no cure so not sure if he will consider radiation or not. DH is back at his house today trying to do more tidying up but it will be futile. FIL has 4 cats that are loose in one room of the house DH said that they have to go and DH sister said that she will take them to her house next door. I would like to call the RSPCA and get all the animals removed as they are in poor shape.

For me today, I will put some gloves on and tidy out the garage freezer and finish my to do list for this week. Still a few more things to be done.
    Then I can have a quiet day tomorrow. and get ready for the new week.

Last edited: Sep 14, 2019 at 6:17 PM
    luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  17. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Hair appointment went well. I didn't go with the brighter red, stuck with my darker color but did do the permanent color instead of a toner this time, not sure why she hasn't done that before. She said it will last longer. We'll see. I sure hope so. DS said he likes his school, of course it was his first day and he spent half the day in the transition center. He did go to some classes though. DH was off early and came to the house only to realize the doors were locked and he had no key. He had to hang out in the garage until I got home. We grabbed lunch at KFC.

DD is gone for the weekend with our friends and DS is at work, so it's just us and Eli. We had considered going out to dinner but I think we're just staying in, maybe watch a scary movie for Friday the 13th. Not sure what will be for dinner though. Maybe we'll still go out and get something. I need to study so I can take my test tomorrow. I haven't scheduled it but they have a "Take Now" option. DH is working on hanging some stuff, suppose I should go work on something. I am working on some laundry. That counts, right? hehe

Ahorsesoul likes this.