It's Fri-YAY, April 12th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Apr 12, 2019.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

It's been a while since I've been the first one on here! It's pouring with rain today and my bus to work was half-empty so we got here in record time. Hoping work whizzes by and it's 4pm before I know it. Planning to run a couple of errands after work to shorten the weekend's list a little - drop package at UPS (should have done this Tuesday but just didn't feel like heading out after I got home from work), ATM, pick up a box at the Post Office (if they have them in the post office box area that's not locked after they close), drop my library book, and pick up two cards at Dollar Tree. Then it's home for the last of the leftover meatloaf, run the dishwasher to wash all of my new Tupperware, and do the laundry. I'm usually up late on Friday night although I still wake up early-ish on Saturday.

Haircut tomorrow and a stop at the British Food Store. It will be SO hard to shop gluten-free there but I'm strong! My belt is one notch over this morning and that's a great feeling.

I have a little goodie for Christmas in July that I'm putting in the mail to everyone who was on last year's Christmas Card Exchange. I hope none of your addresses have changed. I have about eight extra so if anyone who was not part of the exchange would like one, just PM your address to me and I'll get it right out.

Yesterday's box at the front door was the smaller insert for my new handbag and it fits perfectly. About ten pockets/slots for my phone, keys, makeup misc, and other things that seem to get lost in the bottom of your bag. Love it! Four boxes due tonight, Christmas in April continues on.

Have a wonderful weekend and if you're in the bomb cyclone region, stay warm and safe out there!

luludou likes this.
  3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Pamela- Smart to get some of your weekend errands done tonight. Maybe you can relax a little and do something fun, like treat yourself to a nice lunch this weekend. Excited for my mail!!!

I overslept this morning. DH was up earlier than usual and out the door and I fell back asleep. I woke up and looked at the clock and it was about 20 minutes or so later than I usually get up so i'm feeling discombobulated. I don't have anything on my schedule for today so i'll just be at home doing schoolwork. I really need to get to Task 3 if I can swing it so I can get that done over the weekend and be to Task 4 on Sunday or Monday. I think it is watching videos again. I also keep forgetting that I need to retake the Math Praxis so I need to start studying for that again so I can reschedule it. :rolleyes: And I need to work on the last newsletter of the year for the Spouses Club. Sounds like it will be a working weekend for me. Luckily DH works in the afternoon this weekend so I will have time.

Enjoy your day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. happy2bme

happy2bme Well-Known Member

Good morning,

It is my Friday off and I am being a total slacker. I have so much to do, but don't have any desire to get any of it done.

I have accepted a new position with the company I work with. I am really excited about it and can't wait to get started. I have 4 weeks until this new adventure begins.

I really need to get moving, but Ruby has expressed to me that she needs cuddles on the couch, so that is what I am going to do.

Have a great day!!

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. This week flew - I pretty much slept thru Monday & Tuesday. Exhausted & achy. Better now, just the normal tired.

Dsil found a cockroach in the house yesterday morning - nasty, filthy critter. It doesn't help that all the neighbors are spraying for bugs. It's a hazard of living in the desert - roaches & scorpions. Yuck. So dsil is on a huge housecleaning binge - he is moving and cleaning under everything and spraying inside & out.

DD washed her phone in the toilet the other day. She & dsil got new phones, and they finally got phones for the kids. Now the kids can tell us when the school bus doesn't show up or if there are problems - whew. Incident on the bus yesterday after school - kids in the back were playing Truth or Dare. Lots of inappropiate touching & kissing. A boy went to dgd (she was not part of the game) and asked if he could hug her. She's 12...she told him, "Touch me and you die." She's an elite gymnast and black belt in karate, confident, very strong and in perfect shape. It was nice of him to ask instead of grab, but still... He said "Okay" and slowly backed away - smart boy.

I'm sitting with neighbor, and she just got up. Have a great day!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Day started out with clouds but now the sun is out - still in the 50's though. Supposed to be warmer on the weekend with rain.

Got an early start and went to Dollar Tree for some shoe boxes and then to Home Goods and Marshall's looking for Easter and Passover goodies for DS and DDIL's Easter basket. Very disappointed. I did get some spring-y towels and I have chocolate covered matzoh and will get some chocolate bunnies. Also sticking in some bubbles and silly putty for fun.

Now I'm making the first batch of chicken soup and rendering the chicken fat. Buffy has a new bone. DH is shopping. Let's see what else I can gt done.

Deb - Kudos to DGD!
    Jess - your hair looks great! What did DS decided to do about his dad this summer
    Pamela - you've been keeping very up to date on your errands - great!
    Mel - congrats on your new job!

Ahorsesoul and happy2bme like this.
  7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Mel- Sounds like a perfect day to me!
    Deb- Good for her! Sounds exactly like what my DD would say. haha
    Debbie- I need to get goodies for the kids still, probably should do that soon before everything is gone. I don't think any of them still believe in the bunny (maybe Eli) but they still like to get candy. DS is saying he is staying here but I don't think he's convinced his dad. We'll see! I told him he needs to get it figured out. I don't like putting things off until the last minute and he'll be wanting to buy his ticket before too long.

I just ate breakfast and watched my morning show so i'm going to take my vitamin and do my skincare routine and then begin my schoolwork. I think i'll put something nice in the diffuser as well. I'll dust while i'm upstairs real quick just to get it out of the way, won't take but a minute, and water the plants quickly. I find that if I have been thinking about doing little things like that and don't do them before I get started on school then it will bug me and I can't concentrate. Silly, I know.

Ahorsesoul and happy2bme like this.
  8. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hi, Everybody!

It has been a slow but so/so day. MJ had her picture taken at the doctor's office the other day, and it was in the paper today. However, it was in the town down the road. Where we go to Cracker Barrel. I don't have time to go there, so her DGS will have to print them out.

She wanted to go out for lunch today, so I picked her up and we went to the diner. I got chili. They used a little too much chili powder, and my tummy has bothered me ever since.

Several years ago, like maybe ten, I made an Easter egg wreath. Haven't used it for a few years, because up it started to fall apart. This year, I decided to fix it, and I used less eggs and less flowers. I just hope it will hold together for me. Then I can hang it on my door. However, I have E6000 glue all over my hands and they are sore now trying to get it all off. Sigh.

Jess, I love your hair! Mine used to be that color naturally.
    Mel, I am so proud of you! Just look at the woman you have become!
    Debbie, I think I would like to come to your house for Passover. I have never been to a Passover meal.

Tomorrow is my Jakey's b/d party.(His actuall b/d is April 18.) I have to wrap his stuff. I spent WAY too much, but I love this little fella. I love the way he says "Mith Pam". And I love the way he hugs me around my knees. And how he said he was coming to my birthday! He is my joy!

Did I tell you that I had another inch cut off my hair? When my hair is short, it really grows faster!

I haven't slept well for the last week or so, and am really tired. I wanted to take a nap, but fixed my wreath instead. Please pray for my granddaughter. Things are not looking good at the moment. And pray for Stephen and Melanie, as well, if you will. I hope my little love (that would be Brysen) does not grow up without his mama.

I had best get busy with Jakey's nifty gifties. Have a great rest of your day! Stay safe and be blessed.

happy2bme likes this.
  9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon . work was busy. got off went to sams club got a few cases of juice and a baked chicken for dinner. rainy a little work tomo then off sat and sunday

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  10. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! Busy day but less than the last few awful days. boy the boss here is strict! I heard him talk to other people and I'm glad it wasn't me.
    Did gym, had lunch with some cws. waiting for dh to pick me up. should pick up groceries on the way home.

PamelaG if you have any leftover I'd like it ;)

Later

Ahorsesoul and PamelaG like this.
  11. happy2bme

I finally go some stuff done around here - K and I did the grocery shopping and stopped at the library. Once everything was put a way K went to work two hours earlier than scheduled, she is so thankful for the extra hours. I did the touch up paint on the walls, our pre-move-out inspection is tomorrow morning. I am working on laundry now and trying to decide what to have for dinner.

Later

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again!

I used the chicken from the soup to make a chicken pot pie - good stuff! Then put the soup in the freezer.

I invited DS and DDIL for dinner this weekend. Don't know what day they will come, or if they will come at all, but I had better thaw some chicken cutlets.

The rain has started and I'm still trolling for recipes...

Pam - would love to have you here - sending good thoughts to all who need them
    Mel - so what was dinner?
    Faye - enjoy the weekend off
    Lucie - hope things get better at work

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I've been on the phone with Verizon's help line for a little over two hours now. My phone ran an update on Wednesday and now, I have almost no reception at my house...can hardly hear or calls drop. You would know, since I just dropped my landline...Murphy's law, huh? They have remote control of my phone right now (sort of scary to know they can do that). They kept telling me stuff to do that didn't fix it. I finally told them they had to repair it or I am switching carriers. Then, she decided she could do something about it.

DH is helping DD22 put sheets back on her bed. I was trying to get all the laundry done tonight, but I don't think I'm going to stay up that late. We've located candles, flashlights, collected water and bought several gallons of water. We have water collected to flush toilets. They're saying really bad weather here starting mid-afternoon. If we get the kind of damage they're talking about, we may be without power, water, or worse.I hope we don't lose power and I get to do some things around the house tomorrow. I need to grade some papers. Work is going. Work is like a whirlwind. I seem to be passing myself coming and going...testing, grading papers, finalizing graduation and retirement stuff, trying to start cleaning out. Just 26 days to go of work! I need to schedule my final observation.

Jess, I'll have to check FB and see your hair. Amazing how something as simple as a hair cut can revitalize you.
    GrammaDeb, sorry your were under the weather, but glad you got some extra rest. I see a monitor having to ride on most public school buses before all is said and done. We had a driver recently refuse to allow the high school kids to get on her bus from a connection to the high school from the junior high because she was tired of their mouths and disrespect.
    Pamela, I often do my shopping on Fridays where all the grocery stores and Walmart are before I come home - 13 miles - because i don't want to have to go back on Saturday. While I'm doing it, I'm wishing I were already home, but I'm oh, so glad come Saturday.
    Mel, congratulations on the move up.
    Lucie, more shake-ups at work. Hope you don't become the brunt of bosses reprimands.
    Faye, glad you're getting a couple of days off. How are the t-ball games going? DGS#1 lost his first game of the season last night. I don't think his team is going to be very good. He and DGS#2 both had one scheduled for tonight, but both were rained out.
    Debbie, hope you find some recipes you want to try. Hopefully, after I retire, I'll try some new things. It's just too easy to go to what I know when I get home from work and am tired. KWIM? The chicken soup sounds good.
    Pam, prayers for all that's going on. I know jail is not a good place to be, but it would be great if they had a program Lyndsay would participate in to help her kick the habit.

I'm off to try and sleep a little bit. It's thundering and raining here. I took a bath tonight and washed my hair. I usually do it in the morning, but didn't know how the weather would be.

Night, friends. Say a little prayer for me that we're safe tomorrow. I'll try to let you know how we are.

happy2bme and Ahorsesoul like this.
  14. happy2bme

Debbie - Dinner was a bowl of Mini Wheats and chocolate, Yum!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Jane stay safe