January 2017 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Now that we have the Christmas gifts put away and the party hosting finished, I'm sooo ready for decluttering to happen here. I really want to declutter as if we are moving this year.

Today I organized our mudroom closet and sorted through things we've outgrown or no longer need. I cleaned out the section in my room that was used for storing gifts, shopping bags and receipts for Christmas. I also started to go through books that have been stacked on my bedside table. Some I'll keep and some I've put in a bag to pass on.

Reactions: jampss

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I need to keep going with decluttering in the storage space. My back acted up so bad I had to stop for it to heal some.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I did our office and got it completely decluttered and reorganized! I even went through every file in the filing cabinet. This month I would like to also tackle the Harry Potter closet under the stairs and our bedroom closet. DS is in charge of doing his own bedroom before the end of next week and I will assist as needed.

tanya

Premiere Member
Jan 8, 2012
Were on holidays- as such we are not home a lot- so any clutter can wait til Feb. For now anything that is annoying me is going into my wardrobe in a box for me to sort out later! The day to day stuff Im on top of but big things can wait.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
January!!!!
I love the thought of a whole new clean slate.
I have popped a decluttering schedule in my planner that I am adopting from a blog I follow. I am waiting for a book to arrive that is a companion to the plan and then I am all ready to go.
This may be the year where I rid myself of anything I do not love or need anymore.

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
My decluttering fell flat in 2016 so I'm determined to be more successful this year! I still have Christmas to put away, was taking it down slowly to purge some and re-organize the rest. I do have a collection of things to donate as well as somethings to pass along to my daughter. I've already started my "house plan" room by room so I will be tossing for sure in the up coming months.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I went through some things in the closet today. The consignment shop where I take things to begins taking spring/summer on February 1st, I think. I have several bags to take when they do start taking things. I went through all the towels and bagged some to take to the dog pound and cat shelter. I kept 4 for spills and such that aren't in great shape.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
dh decided to get rid of some pants & shirts today :) will be giving a bag to a lady who uses old clothes to make rugs. The good stuff will be brought to mom's next weekend.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
We have de-cluttered some of DD24 college books, listed on E-bay. I have organized my yarn ... I had three beat up paper reams boxes. Now, I have two fairly large clear totes!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
dh gave away an old metal lunch box + an old plastic crate of pepsi to sil

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Every little bit out the door is less in our homes.
My mum is coming over today and I will return all her tupperware from Christmas.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am working at decluttering my bedroom. I got a good start today. I am placing things that go into another location in shopping bags until I get through the entire room than relocate them to their proper place. Once that is done I will be going through paper work sorting filing and shredding. I am trying real hard to get on top of it all.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Since I called in today and felt pretty decent (coughing spells at times---can't believe after the first dose of meds last nite the difference--I should of waited till a.m. to see how I felt.) I started in my room. Lets just say, 1 day or 2 ain't going get thru it! Teigan came so Jaymee could go to the doctor but she was a helper but still slowed my process. I sent several different things home with Jaymee--a over the door coat rack, 2 sets of full sheets I brought for Teigan for her new bed when they decide to get it, a sprinkler beach ball I got for a couple bucks at Peebles, some other items. Have a full sack of trash which is a lot of receipts and tags from Christmas. Allen has went thru and combined several bandaids, wraps and gauzes that we were using on his leg. I found 2 boxes and a tote of crap to go thru. Then there is the collection of Christmas stuff that is in there yet and the new stuff I have purchased all on my bed! A lot of that is like bags for treats, Christmas cards, some gifts, glass jars to use with door prizes next Christmas, and the bags for reindeer feed. Lots of empty boxes stacked up to go out. Teigans wicker furniture 2 rockers and couch are back in the front room. They were in my room for deer season so when all the kids came it wasn't fought over. Believe me my room needs all of you to come help!!! But every little piece out to somebody else, the trash or boxes out helps it like Katrina said.

Teigan was at doctor last week and on antibiotics now. Her dad has been twice for sinus.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
I cleaned out and re-organized the pantry last weekend and have a bag of containers and such to go to the thrift store. K and I went through the games this evening and decided what we want to keep. She will take the list of ones to get rid of to work and see if her boss wants them for the library. Whatever she doesn't want goes to the thrift store too.

GrammaDeb

Premiere Member
Jan 4, 2014
Nevada
In October I hit a brick wall, so-to-speak - I had to de-stress and was on pain relaxers, so my decluttering came to a screeching halt. I think I was emotionally unwilling to part with any more of my mother's stuff. This week I had a little chat with myself, and I think I can get back to it and as Katrina said, "rid myself of anything I do not love or need anymore."

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I am doing the pantry now. About 3/4 thru it so taking a break. Down to picking up all the sacks, and then organizing some containers that are in there. Some items got thrown out cake mixes and crackers for stale dated. Some items will get taken to the freezer--chocolate chips and nuts.

Looks so good now!!!! Why does it get destroyed?!?!?!?!?

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Working in my bedroom now. Have taken out a lot of trash, several empty boxes, lots of Christmas stuff purchased after Christmas, found more gifts for 2017 gift closet, found 2 sets of Christmas cards I forgot about. Have a pile started of outside items (sidewalk chalk and such) and pile for Goodwill. Took 3 blinds down and put up curtains---real different after almost 30 years here.

Should say have moved stuff to front room but out of my room. Hoping with tonight yet and off tom. to get thru most of it. Moving furniture and washing walls and want to do the drawers. Will start a list of things needing done in there. Granted this is just my room not the dressing area and bathroom area. Hoping by end of January to be done with all 3 areas.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
DH and I went through kitchen cupboards yesterday.
Threw out some spices that were out of date and a few baking pans that were rusty. Moved things around a bit and I now have more room in there.
Still got the drawers and a few other cupboards to do but am getting there.

happy2bme

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
My Happy Place
K's boss was thrilled to have the games, so that is a huge pile out the door. I cleaned two of the shelving units in the laundry room and my trunk is full of stuff that will get dropped off at the thrift store on Friday.

:):):):)