January 2018 De-clutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I have gone through my sock drawer, t-shirts, and PJ's. Donated stuff! I have a bag ready to be full of stuff! Yay!

I have cleared off the craft desk in the computer room. There is a surface! Who knew!

As I de-decorated Christmas, I donated some things as well. I have too much!

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Good Job, jampass. We are in a deep freeze so when it warms up I will bring in all my totes and go through all my Christmas stuff and keep only what I love, which is a part of my minimizing my life.

Reactions: jampss

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Christmas is gone away and I did purge a few things. It is now all out in the garage.
I so need to start on the spare room where I just dumped stuff prior to Christmas. Just need a good tidy up. Also want to store DDs board games in there so that it frees up room in the kids family room.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Great work Jampss! I will continue slow decluttering. Donating 1 Christmas tablecloth, and threw away a few broken ornaments. Gave away 1 shirt to sil (brand new but too big).

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Today, I plan to go through craft stuff ... keep, organize, and toss/donate! :p

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
59140F23-E9EA-494F-B602-CFE80B576A59.jpeg So ... I did it! I have work on our computer/school/craft room all morning. I feel good. I got rid of two garbage bags of stuff. I dusted. And re-organized. I am now sitting in the chair looking at the large craft desk that actually has workspace on it. Feeling thankful and happy and de-cluttered. I hope you all can feel the same way too!

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Well done. Any thing out the door is a good thing.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
Enjoy the fruits of your labor for a job well done. Reward yourself.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Yesterday I cleaned and organized the linen/extra pantry closet we have downstairs. I picked up two big totes at Walmart to use for bedding and pillows. I put that stuff in the storage area. We seldom have overnight guests since DD is here.

Now everything is in a clear plastic box (with flat lids for stacking). I used my label maker so everyone knows where to find something. LC1 looked at it to see if it made sense to her. She liked it. Moving the linens made room for paper towels and toilet paper on the floor since I moved every thing else up on the shelves. I was storing them in the furnace room which probably was a fire hazard. Now we'll see how it actually works.

I am starting a bag for Goodwill and other items are going in Dh's box for a spring yard sale.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
decluttered guestroom closet - my catchall (gifts, crafts, etc...). some things got thrown away, some craft stuff will be given to dniece. got rid of a clock (crazy sil gave it to me a few years back and I'll never put it up... just not to my liking), got rid of a small airplain dh had that didn't work, a few vases, some sewing thread, some old computer cd's and some old electronic manuals.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I got rid of my son and all his Christmas stuff and months worth of stuff he brought home with him. He is finally safely back in his dorm
Good job Kim!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
lol! yep when the kids leave they do take some stuff.... but they leave some too! :)

Got rid of another shirt this morning... every little bit counts!!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Decided to start decluttering the kitchen cupboards. I have thrown out a lot of expired medication which really annoys me. I suppose we get it when we are feeling unwell, cough medicine and gastrolite for diarrhea, cream for rashes and then we get better and we do not need to use it again.
Best to be safe and not use expired meds though. Will concentrate on the kitchen for the next short while until it is done. It might take a while;)

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
I went through the pantry and organized and combined cereal boxes and tossed out bags with four crackers and such. I took down outside décor once it dried out from the rain.

A little every day ...

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dh took several boxes of items to Goodwill today. When he was leaving I was still running a few items to his car.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Finished kitchen cupboards and got rid of a few things. It was mainly organising and tidying. Threw out broken cooling rack, broken lunch containers and have donated 4-5 recipe books. Will need to figure out what to do with all the recipe books.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I managed to get through all the Christmas decorations I have and repacked them in like item tubs. I thought I would eliminate more than I did but just struggled with letting go. I do have on tub filled with the must pare down items should I gather the courage or disgust that I have way to much. ( I have not put those items out for the past 3 years so It the memories that make me want to keep it.

All of the Christmas decor is put away but the boxes are still needing to go into the garage. DS will do it for me tomorrow.