January 2019 declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Decluttered a few Christmas stuff as I put away Christmas. Some things went directly in the garbage as they are broken beyond repair.
Got ds's coffee machine, coffee capsules and some shirts out of our house and into his as well as 2 more coats.
DD decluttered half of my tear-file-recipes before she left. will do the other half and donate the rest.

January will try to declutter ALOT!

Reactions: Minta

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Will be going through Christmas tomorrow. I already know of a few things that will go.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
One pair of slippers in the donation bag. A watch extension plug in the bag for ds (it is his)

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I just found Tidying Up on Netflix. I watch two episodes. I really want to pull everything in the house into one big pile! lol

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
I always tell Allen we need to get a few BIG u-hauls and take everything out of the house and CLEAN-----FIX and only bring some back in! (Could get most new then---LOL!) He never even likes to hear that ideal! Would be so nice to empty out and put back what is needed only!

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
I always tell Allen we need to get a few BIG u-hauls and take everything out of the house and CLEAN-----FIX and only bring some back in! (Could get most new then---LOL!) He never even likes to hear that ideal! Would be so nice to empty out and put back what is needed only!

You modify that idea and empty one room out. Do a really good cleaning and then put back what you want/need. Re-evaluate what you didn't put back to see what you want to keep and get rid of the rest. When you are done that move onto another room and repeat the process.

Reactions: Lana and Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
You modify that idea and empty one room out. Do a really good cleaning and then put back what you want/need. Re-evaluate what you didn't put back to see what you want to keep and get rid of the rest. When you are done that move onto another room and repeat the process.
This is what I have been doing. Attic, garage loft living room (could still tweak here), bathroom. I have 4 areas, I we need to paint yet and this is what will be done. Hope to complete this all by the end of March. I am not sure how hard I can push DH. He is starting to figure out what to do with his new "found" time since he retired. November and December has been busy with wedding, travel and holidays.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got a rack with ties off to ds's and some hockey stuff + 1 clock.
Went through some files and shredded 1 full bag.
1 kid security fence off to ds' for his dog, so it doesn't go in the basement.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
I am doing a declutter... I have gotten my hutch cupboards all cleaned out. I found a cookbook for my mother in law and tossed a few things in the donate box. I also cleaned out my hope chest that turned into a memory chest. I just can't keep everything and Kiddo won't want the stuff when it is time to pass it on to him.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Some Christmas has gone into the donate pile. Reorganised all the totes before putting away.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I went through a few shelves in the basement as I put away the Christmas dishes and glasses. I have a boxed filled with baskets, cookie tins and a few other decorative items that I have not used in 5 yrs. I also found 4 grocery bags of paper to shred. :rolleyes: I think that shredding time will take me as long as a whole Hallmark movie. ;)

Reactions: luludou

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am in the process of going through the things that we pull out. I went through and organized all my plastic shoe boxes with sewing supplies. I kept more than I thought I would but I have not decided what all I will be doing this year for gifts. I know I will be making pillowcases for everyone so wanted to keep the trim I have stashed, and I will be making doll clothes.

Today, I will go through "leftovers" from my American Girl Doll club. We did a lot of crafts. Monday I will go through all the fabric.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I am decluttering as I go right now. I did the Christmas decorations when I pulled them out and when I put them away. I am hitting hotspots this month and will be decluttering those for sure, but i'm also hoping to hit other areas as I can and declutter. I went through the pots and pans cabinet in the kitchen and got rid of a couple things there last week and I added some coffee mugs to the pile. I'm about to be more ruthless than I have been with getting rid of things. Time to pare down! If I haven't used it since we've lived here or don't have plans to use it soon, it's going.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Have gotten rid of some papers in the basement, 1 vest, 1 vhs cassette of the titanic.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
2 old tee shirts belonging to DH into the bin, too old to be donated. Would love to do his wardrobe soon.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Dh just said he needed to do some decluttering. I told him I was watching Tidying Up on Netflix.

Reactions: AuntJamelle

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Christmas decor down and what I'm keeping has been stowed. My wreath lost all it's pinecones this year and the ribbon was exceptionally faded -- in today's trash pick-up, along with light post wreaths and garland (both live branches, so into recycling). I have a box started for donation and will get that delivered later this week. One last gift to put away (and remove it's predeecessor for donation). Feeling accomplished!

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I spent some more time in the basement. I found one more item for donation. Most of my time was spent tossing and putting things back in it's place.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Decluttered 3 bracelets, 3 pairs of earrings, 1 necklace, 3 bags of David's tea (will bring the tea to the girls at the office), 1 small owl note holder. Reorganized my jewelry and tea at the same time.