January 2019 Menus

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
A late start for the New Year

Monday-Lobster Bake (lobster tails, shrimp, mussels, scallops, small potatoes and whole corn baked in the oven)
Tuesday-Seafood Soup (used the juice from yesterday along with the seafood, potatoes and corn with some cream)
Wednesday-Meatloaf, fried potatoes and French cut Green Beans
Thursday- Culver's (DD wanted Cheeseburgers)
Friday-Italian Sausage Burgers with fried onions, peppers and spinach
Saturday-Steak, baked potatoes and asparagus
Sunday-Fish Stuffed with crab along with a bowl of homemade coleslaw

Next week I'm using some free recipes I received for signing up for the Saving Dinner newsletter. This first on is based on the Paleo type of eating.

Monday-Bacon and Artichoke Stir Fry with a Baby Spinach Salad--this turned out very good. Not sure why anyone would think of putting bacon, artichokes, onion and apple in a pan together but it was a winner.

Tuesday-Dh decided he wanted an Omelette for dinner
Wednesday-Chicken and Cauliflower salad with a relish tray
Thursday-DD wants Waffles or take out
Friday-Broccoli Sesame Chicken Stir Fry with Cauli-rice and steamed baby carrots and snow peas
Saturday-LC22 wants to make BBQ Jalapeño Chicken Bombs
Sunday-Rosemary Beef along with Faux-Tay-Toes and shredded cabbage

Last edited:

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Last week:

Sunday~ Bisquick Chicken and Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes
Monday~Spaghetti and Meatballs
Tuesday~Pork Roast with Sauerkraut and Mashed Potatoes
Wednesday~ Tacos
Thursday~Slow Cooker Beef Sandwiches or Hot Sausage Sandwiches (poker night!)
Friday~ Meat Pizza with Tossed Salad
Saturday~ Wing Night~ Garlic Parmesan, Buffalo or Wing Dust Wings with Air Fryer Fries on the side

This week:
Sunday~ Take Out
Monday~BBQ Chicken Tostadas
Tuesday~Beef Patties with Gravy, Mashed Potatoes and Green Beans
Wednesday~ Grilled Pork Chops, Rice Pilaf and Carrots
Thursday~ Chicken Cordon Bleu, Oven Potatoes and Salad
Friday~ Steak and Twice Baked Potatoes
Saturday~not sure yet...next menu cycle

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Last week:
Monday- Summer sausage, pepperoni, cheese and crackers; Veggies and Dip; Chips and Dip; Lil Smokies and BBQ Sauce; Cheese Ball; 4 Layer Dessert
Tuesday- Beans and Black-eyed Peas with Cornbread
Wednesday- Leftovers
Thursday- Tacos
Friday- Takeout
Saturday- Meatball Subs
Sunday- Chicken, potatoes, green beans

This week:
Monday- Mini Shepherd's Pie with salad
Tuesday- Lasagna with peas and rolls
Wednesday- Leftovers
Thursday- Steak with potatoes and corn
Friday- Homemade Pizza and Breadsticks
Saturday- Country Pasta with raw veggies (if I can find rigatoni)
Sunday- Fettuccine with green beans and garlic bread (if I can find heavy cream)

Last edited:

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
This week:

Sunday: Salisbury Steak
Monday: Chicken and Green Rice
Tuesday: Beef Burrito Bowls
Wednesday: Salmon and Roasted Potatoes
Thursday: Spaghetti and Meatballs
Friday: Zuppa Soup
Saturday: Stir Fry

I will have recipes or links to recipes up on my blog tomorrow morning. Update: The links are live for the recipes on my blog.

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Scratch the Fettuccine for tonight. The Commissary still doesn't have heavy cream. Apparently the seas have been rough and ships have been having a rough time reaching the island so supplies are dwindling. The Commissary was bare and looked like the apocalypse was coming. The shelves were near empty in several aisles. I'm going to have to rearrange my plan to accommodate that now. Some said that other stores are like that too so it's not just the Commissary. We'll have one of the other menu items tonight, maybe steak. I'll let DH decide when he gets home.

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
Jessica....aren't there dairies on the island? Just curious.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Jessica....aren't there dairies on the island? Just curious.

There is only one on our island and all they make is mini artisan cheese wheels, mozzarella, a Waianae Tomme cheese, and a Kona Buzz cheese and artisan butter. They do classes and tours and stuff, but no milk or cream into the local grocery stores. :(

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
There is only one on our island and all they make is mini artisan cheese wheels, mozzarella, a Waianae Tomme cheese, and a Kona Buzz cheese and artisan butter. They do classes and tours and stuff, but no milk or cream into the local grocery stores. :(
That's a bummer. Seems so strange to me, as we have so many local dairies here in our little part of the world.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Jan 14th-20
Last week we tried the Mail Menu that was based on the Paleo Diet.
This week it is the Keto Diet

Monday-Chicken and Zucchini "Alfredo" (I'm thinking it is no noodles but zucchini)
Tuesday- Cumin Shrimp with Cilantro Cauliflower Rice (already know Dh wants breakfast something instead)
Wednesday-Swedish Meatballs with Asparagus
Thursday-Salmon and Avocado BLT on Wilted Salad (unless DD decides on something else)
Friday-Curried Chicken Tacos with Grilled Coleslaw
Saturday- Beefy Mexi-Toss with Avocado Crema

This coming weekend LC22 will be here. I've promised we will finally show her how to make Tamales. So the weekend menu will involve Shredded Pork Salad and then one day of Tamales. I've been making the Shredded Pork Salad for years.
http://recipequeens.blogspot.com/2007/12/

Reactions: teachermomof2

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
This week:
- Spaghetti and meatballs
- Hot chicken sandwiches
- Beans and omelettes
- Grilled cheese and soup
- Friday: ?
All quick and easy, will give me time to do the housechores today instead of cooking

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Lisa- It really is. I guess because the island is so small. Each island has different things to offer I think. Kauai is more "country" than any of the other islands and has more animal agriculture I think.

We had homemade pizza last night (Monday). Tonight we'll have fettuccine.

cmerth

Premiere Member
Dec 19, 2007
thetilteditalian.com
Had salmon yesterday. Having steak burritos tonight. Wednesday will be chicken and rice. Thursday will be spicy spaghetti and Friday will be soup. Saturday we likely do stir fry. We are trying to make our own sauce... tweaking different seasoning.

Recipes and pics are up on my blog (Menu Monday).

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We had leftovers last night instead of fettuccine, so fettuccine will be tonight. Tomorrow is our anniversary so DH and I will go out and i'll probably order pizza for the kids or leave money for them to go get something. Thursday will by Mini Shepherd's Pies. I haven't gone any farther because i'm waiting for the Commissary to be restocked.

Reactions: Ahorsesoul

Lori K

Premiere Member
Nov 13, 2018
Illinois
Considering theh weather we're expecting through the weekend, I've given some thought to my menu. On my way home from work, I'll pick up any missing provisions, so I don't have to travel unless absolutely necessary.

Tonite: I've got Lemon Chicken (www.dinneratthezoo.com/baked-lemon-chicken) in the crock pot -- I did not brown them this time, due to a time crunch. There were 3 chicken breasts in the package and I used them all, so there will be plenty of leftovers. Will serve it with a side salad, rice, and a vegetable (balsamic glazed brussel sprouts???). Using some of the leftovers, I'll make Chicken Salad for lunch on Thurdsay.
Thurs. night: I have our monthly dinner with my widows and widowers group. Any leftovers will be had for lunch on Friday.
Friday night: I'm thinking BBQ chicken pizza (using some leftover chicken) and a salad -- and given my week, a BIG glass of red.
Saturday night: homemade chicken a la king over biscuits, with glazed carrots and a salad
Sunday dinner: I'm thinking meatloaf with mashed potatoes, vegetables, and a salad.

Reactions: luludou

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
LoriK - I told dh last night that with the forecast for the weekend we will stop by the grocery store on Friday night so we won't have to go out either

Reactions: Lori K

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
We went to the Commissary yesterday and it was more stocked than it has been so we were able to do a full shop. We had Potato Soup and Grilled Cheese last night. Haven't decided on tonight yet and we need to figure out what we'll eat while camping this weekend but I did make a list of meals before we went shopping. That includes:

Meatball Subs
Sloppy Joes
Chicken on the grill
Country Pasta
Fajitas

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
J
Friday-Salmon and Avocado BLT on Wilted Salad ---LC22 helped make this. Was excellent.
Saturday-Shredded Pork Salad
Saturday- Making Tamales using the pork leftover from Saturday

This coming weekend LC22 will be here. I've promised we will finally show her how to make Tamales. So the weekend menu will involve Shredded Pork Salad and then one day of Tamales. I've been making the Shredded Pork Salad for years.
http://recipequeens.blogspot.com/2007/12/

teachermomof2

Santa's Elves
Premiere Member
Oct 27, 2007
PA
We had pizza and salads last night. Today I'm making homemade Ham Pot Pie. Can't wait! It's one of my favorite comfort foods!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
We had subway last night. Tonight we will be having wonton soup, egg-rolls, pineapple chicken and rice.