January 5th to 11th 2020

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Not back into the normal routine yet. It takes me several weeks to get back into it after Christmas.
The break between Christmas and now went very quickly and I got a lot done. When it cools down I will really start cleaning and reorganising the house. Until then the planner is getting a work out.

Daily:
Moisturise morning,
Water throughout day,
Shower/bath at night,
Cleanse,
Moisturise,
Brush teeth,
Lip balm,
Hand cream,
Read and
Sleep at a reasonable time.

Clean kitchen and DW on before bed.

Weekly:
*make work lunches for Monday (X) Tuesday (X)
*wash hair (X) (X)
*shave legs (X)
*washing (X)(X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*mop floors ( )
*clean bathrooms (X)
*meal plan (X)
*clean fridge (X)
*tidy pantry (X)
*shopping list (fortnightly) (-)grocery shopping (fortnightly) (-)

Fun/ Christmas prep:
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X)
*start/continue/finish one book (X)
*books back to library (X)
*update planner (X)
*tidy gift closet (X)
*DrillDance training plan (X)
*DrillDance training (X)

Extras:
*Drs appointment for license medical Wednesday (X)
*trip to op shop to look for craft supplies (/)found what I was looking for at the mall
*lunch with former Coworkers Friday ( ) moved to Thursday, postponed to next week.

Word of the Year:
Appreciate.

Last edited:

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Katrina- I loved that you put your word of the year at the bottom as sort of a reminder. That is such a great idea!

Appointments:
[X] Hair appt (Fri)

Work:
[X] Mon
[X] Wed
[X] Thu
[X] Sat

School:
[X] Work on/Complete Task
[X] Mentor Call
[ ] Preassessment
[ ] Objective Assessment
[X] Find placement- (Found for me)
[X] Make appointment to meet principal
[X] Schedule Content Exam

Other:
[X] Call to schedule appt with chiropractor
[X] Go to MRI place and ask for disc copies
[X] Pick up prescriptions
[ ] See about getting MRI reports
[ ] Walk every day or ride bike

Fun:
[X] Read
[ ] Practice Ukelele

Word of the Year:
Intentional

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Katrina- I loved that you put your word of the year at the bottom as sort of a reminder. That is such a great idea!
Jess, I need all the help can get LOL

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I had a nice two weeks off from doing the typical house stuff. We have been eating out of our freezer, refrigerator and pantry for the last two weeks. I was so not in the mood to cook or shop after Thanksgiving and it got worse at Christmas. I'm not ready to get back to it. I'm starting off with basics again until I get into a routine.

• Review calendar for upcoming week.Done
  • Plan Menu for next week.
  • Clean Bathrooms.Done
  • Pay bills.Done
  • Do Laundry. Done
  • Do Grocery Shopping. Done
  • Bulk Cooking: Meatballs Done, Brown Ground Beef, Done Tomato Sauce,Done
  • Make Dry Mixes: Taco Seasoning, Ranch Seasoning, Onion Soup, Pizza Seasoning
  • FlyLady: Kitchen Done
    • Dust top of fan.
    • Clean oven.
    • Clean microwave.
    • Clean out the refrigerator.
    • Wipe down cabinets and appliances.
    • Wash floor.
    • Clean Windows.
    • Wipe down trash can.
    • Wipe down wall and door jambs.
  • Trimester Goals - 5 days/20 mins sessions:
    • Photo organizing - XXXXX
    • Decluttering: basement - XXXXX
    • Exercise - XXXXX
    • Reading - XXXXX
    • Research/Writing - XXXXX
New this Week:
  • Send out recipes requested. Done
  • Think about menus for Confirmation, Easter and Graduation
  • Finish up paperwork and hand into school.Done
  • Fill out Youth Group Registration. Done

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, how are you feeling after your procedures?

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I went to my one month follow up today. The veins are healing and no clots. That's good. At this point, as long as wear compression socks, I'm ok. I was able to do a 5 mile hike without any pain with the compression socks on. :) However, I tried a few days of wearing the compression socks sparingly last week and then on yesterday while doing the all day bulk cooking. My legs were hurting as if I hadn't had any vein work done. :( I am hoping that it is because the leg is still healing. This Christmas season was definitely defined by the leg work. I was limited but I did the essential things. It was a good lesson for me.

How are you guys doing with the fires? It seems like it's never ending.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
We are still relatively safe here. A small fire inside our territory but they are keeping an eye on it and it is under control.
Our city was involved in a huge fire in 2003 that destroyed over 500 homes and their were lives lost. I think that all the emergency agencies are much better prepared now.

Glad to hear that you are recovering nicely, take care and don't overdo things.

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
I'll have to start watching for this thread.
:)

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Laura, it certainly helped Mary, Jess and I be more organised and achieve more last year. It also helps to be "accountable" to others and makes it easier to get back on task if you waiver.
I am in a much better place than I was this time last year

Lolwlias

Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
Cadyville, NY
Although I'm in the middle of the week, my goals for the week are:
Update my cleaning card file (Sidetracked Home Executives is my guideline. Similar to FlyLady)
Work on Planner
Meal plan for next week including shopping list
Master Bath is weekly focus area.
Put away money for 52 Week saving challenge

I'm not sure how I would list my daily goals, since I write them up each morning. I know I can edit this as I go.

Reactions: MrsSoup

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm not sure how I would list my daily goals, since I write them up each morning. I know I can edit this as I go.

Laura, Glad to see you here! This accountability and sharing ideas here really was life changing for me. I sit down sometime Saturday or Sunday and make a list of all the things that I can think of that need to get down for the week. Then from that list, I make my daily goals the night before. It has cleared my mind from constantly churning and settled me to a more peaceful person.

I see that your word for the year is More. From my experience of the last year doing the weekly list making, doing something daily for 10 minutes, 15 minutes, etc. is better than nothing. I've accomplished so much more this past year by breaking things down into time slots that were doable and on a daily or 5 days a week basis. For example, I decluttered our basement last January and February. It was atrocious. I was doing 30 minute sessions 5 days a week. Sometimes, I broke it down to two 15 minute sessions because I was overwhelmed with the amount of stuff we accumulated and I left unchecked for years. I wanted to give up but was encouraged by Jess and Katrina to keep on going. I did and when it was done, I felt so much better.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I am doing much the same as Mary. On Sunday I look at my week ahead and write all appointments and other goals/tasks for the week.
Many of my tasks are the same week after week so I copy and paste every Sunday and by listing them here I am more likely to stick to it and get those tasks done. Sometimes I slip but I get straight back to it the next week.

The other advantage I have found is that often Mary or Jess will add something to their to do lists and it prompts me to add that to mine eg: Mary is sorting through her photos and I really need to do that so I have added it to my major jobs list for this year.