January 9th, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jan 9, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Morning!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Wasn't on the system yesterday so will have to go back and read. At some point.

Today I work Centralia branch. Means I will take alittle peanut butter in a dish for dinner. Drink about 1/2 glass of water at dinner. Food goes thru me so fast and then the bladder always goes so at different branches I try not to run to restroom all time.

Getting colder here. Wind started up yesterday.

Hair is in rollers so need to take it down and see the damage of it! LOL

Jaymee signed on her house last night so we had pizza there and started ripping out the carpet.

Have a GREAT day!

3. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Good morning all!!

I got my legs twisted up sitting in our office and I pulled my hip. I am in considerable pain today. Thank goodness for Advil.

It's desk day. I have some projects to work on.

Not much else going on here. Unseasonably warm... I might go out and sit in the sun for a short while.

Hope everyone has a great day!!

4. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Morning all!
    We're getting a storm here...wind and rain. I keep running out and chasing my garbage down the street. Seems garbage day is always a bad weather day.
    My hennaed hair darkened a bit more overnight...guess it oxidizes. Very happy with it. I just wasn't ready to let it go white yet.

Lana - have you ever tried the headband method of curling your hair? You put on a headband (the stretchy kind that goes all the way around your head) then wrap each section of hair around it the same way you'd wrap them around rollers. Really quick and easy and great for travelling. Nice and soft to sleep on too.

5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. Kiddoes are off to school, dsil came home from work early and he is sick in bed. He had better stay in bed - I don't want to catch whatever he has, and I for sure do not want DH to get it. I fixed a delicious chicken noodle soup for dinner last night. Dsil was happy that I fixed it because he was sick, and then he ate Ramen. Whatever.

I'm headed back to bed for a couple hours. Staying up until 1 am and getting up at 5:30 is just so silly. I have to pick up meds, do a wee bit of craft shopping, and drop off library books. I need to show the librarian one of the book's binding so it can be repaired - pages kept falling out while I was reading.

Have a great day everyone!

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I have not slept well the past two nights, not sure what is going on! I didn't do my yoga last night so i'll do one this morning and one this evening. Maintenance is supposed to come sometime between 8-12 this morning to fix the microwave. I showered when I got up but I don't sweat when I do yoga so it will be fine. I'm supposed to have a board meeting at 9 but I already told them I most likely won't be there. As soon as I got the kids off to school I started on the kitchen, unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, wiping counters, putting things away. Then I moved on to the built-in desk and started decluttering. I threw away some things, put some things where they belonged, have some things to file yet. I definitely still have more work to do but i'm taking a break and I need to eat breakfast. But I got started and that's always the hardest part. I'll finish it today for sure. I also want to work on my schoolwork, even though i'm done with this term i'm getting a headstart on the next term.

Eli has Scouts this evening so i'm hoping DH is home in time to take him. They are going to talk about their campout coming up on the holiday weekend (MLK). They will camp for two nights. I will go out for one but can't for the second because I have an appointment that Monday morning. I have some dishes to handwash since no one else seems concerned that they have been sitting there for days. haha I should probably make myself a list so I don't have to refer back to my post here. I need to call and make Perry a Vet appointment as well. Better get started!

Lana- Congrats to Jaymee!
    Carrie- Sorry about your hip! Hope it heals quickly.
    FS- Might have to try that with my hair and see if it works. It won't leave a line on top of your hair where the headband is? How is everyone feeling, better?
    Deb- Definitely get some more sleep!

Enjoy your day!

7. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Anyone who collects Disney Movie Rewards Points, they have a big sale on their rewards right now. Worth taking a look.

Mrs Soup - I don't find I get a line, but I imagine it would depend on how you wrap. There are lots of different ways for different effects and lots of tutorials on YouTube.

MrsSoup likes this.
  8. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning my lovelies,
    Popping into work for a few hours this morning to just be a back up for new CW. I am hoping to be home by 12. Older CW is going in from 1 so new CW will be there about 2 hours by herself. I think she will do OK but nice to have the back up.
    Was going to do a planning day with my mum today but have changed that to tomorrow. We will just sit and go through some recipes to try, update our planners etc.
    When I get home today I will do some washing and get a few things done, determined to keep on top of things this year. Might also look at the technique for curling hair that Frosty was talking about.

Hope that you all have a great day,
    Much love

9. MrsSoup

Maintenance came and we have a new microwave! Yay! The dogs were going crazy and he was going to have to go in and out of the house so I asked if I could just let them in, he didn't mind so I warned him that they would bark and jump. He and they did fine with it. They eventually settled down but then when he came in after running out to get some more stuff Perry kind of got aggressive, hair raised and growling/barking at him and he hadn't before, wasn't sure what was up with that. I gave the dogs bones before that. I tried to put them up in our bedroom but that didn't really work. So I sat and held him by the collar for a bit. He settled down some and Tank could care less because he had a bone. I ran up and grabbed Perry's bone from our bedroom and then he finally settled down again. I fell halfway down the stairs coming back down. :oops: I overextended both arms trying to catch myself on the railing and the wall and bent some toes the wrong way. I'm starting to feel other places that got bent out of whack, like my back and my side. Ugh! I'm sure i'll feel it more later. It's not the first time this has happened to me on those stairs. It's a wonder I haven't fallen all the way down yet and broken something. I don't know why it keeps happening, if the carpet is slippery or it's something with me.

I ran Alice and have some laundry going. I also made Perry's vet appointment. I think i'm going to hold off on the yoga until tonight. I pretty much finished the built-in, still need to do the filing. So, schoolwork here I come!

10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon . really windy and getting colder. after work i got my hair cut eyebrows waxed. went to aldis- target and christmas tree shop. got some wrapping paper and christmas tape from there . pizza for dinner

11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

FS - I want to buy the henna from Lush for my mom. A girl at the office uses it and swears by it..
    Lana - Jaymee got herself a house? is it far from you? by herself?

Busy day at work but went well except for some tummy problems.
    9:00 time to get ready for bed. No gym tomorrow, I still have energy problems so will do some on Friday instead.

Night

12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Evening all MHHers

Can’t remember what I last posted.

LC22 was here from Fri afternoon to 6pm on Sunday. With her help (while DD took naps) I cleared off a 6 foot table of paperwork in the master bedroom. As I found something that needed doing I just did it and filed it. I have two reports left to do. I am looking for 6 months of bank statements that I put in a convenient place. Hopefully that spot will reveal itself tomorrow.

Monday we all did one of those Life Line screenings. Our Dr said that is what he would do so since the were in the area Dh signed us all up. We had gone many years ago. Way different now. Not at all as professional now. The folding screens they use were ripped and almost falling off their frames, everything was just tossed around in clutter and did not look all that clean. Also they were running late. But glad we got it done.

Tuesday and today LC1 worked from 8am to 4pm. So with her help we got some things done in the house. Also we set up a puzzle for DD. She isn’t that interested this time. I’m getting into it. This one is 2000 pieces. Of course that 6ft table is now in the living room covered in pieces.

LC1 took DD to the group activity group this afternoon. It was an Elvis movie. They couldn’t get the closed captioning turned on so they came home. They also were having cake which DD wouldn’t have been able to have. I thought they should have had peanut butter and banana sandwiches with or without bacon.

Tomorrow I’ll try getting one report done.

Prayers to all.

13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone!

We talked to DD21 last night and someone took her to the grocery store. She's finally being able to use the bathroom, so that's good, too. She sounds better than she did Monday night when she was texting us. At the daycare/preschool, she's feeling a little useless because she's used to jumping in and doing, but they are just shadowing someone right now. That is one area in which she shows confidence. DH and I both agree that this is going to be a good growing experience for her and is one of the reasons we wanted her to take the position. I think once she gets into the groove of things, she'll be fine.

It's been a long day. Today was duty day. After school, there was a memorial service for one of our cafeteria workers who died January 3rd. She was retiring this year. Then, church tonight. The funeral for the student who was killed in the wreck is tomorrow at 10:00. I won't be able to go. They offered for someone to cover our classes, but they didn't notify us until after lunch today, and I have classes that started cooking labs today that have to finish them tomorrow. I can't trust that to someone else.

Night, everyone. Too tired (and late) to individually speak to everyone...but know you're in my thoughts and prayers.

14. MrsSoup

I'm so irritated with myself! I have been cooking green beans on the stove for hours because I wanted them with the crockpot lasagna. I already almost ruined them earlier when they were almost out of water, but I caught it and all was well. I checked them and they were fine, went to do a 28 minute yoga video, finished and went into the kitchen and could smell that they weren't right. They were completely out of water and are pretty much ruined. I might be able to fish out the ones that were on the bottom and put the rest in a bowl, but we'll see. Guess I can always make corn quickly instead. Ugh! Frustrating. On the positive I got one yoga video done today, hoping for two tomorrow so I can catch up.

Eli fell earlier down by my friends house and I guess he yelled so loud every mama on the street came outside. One of them patched his knee up and DD called me. I walked down there and he's fine. He's got some band-aids on his knee and a mark on his face. He was riding someone's scooter (no helmet) and hit a rock and flew off. I told him that he better not be riding anything like that again with no helmet and he doesn't need to holler like that for a skinned knee. He needs to toughen up a bit. He and DH are at Scouts now. The lasagna should be done by the time they get back. DS is at work.

Jane- Glad DD sounds better and was able to get to the store finally! Sorry you can't attend the funeral.
    Diedra- You've been pretty busy!