January Hippity Hoppity Day 2020

Discussion in 'Hippity Hoppity Day' started by holidaynut, Jan 5, 2020.

1. holidaynut

holidaynut Member

We are getting yet another winter storm here, expecting 30-50 cms starting this evening into tomorrow!!! So much snow since Christmas Eve!!!!

Plans for today are:

-Dig out my Easter notebook
    -Print off six week calendar for Easter countdown
    -Write down some craft ideas for my grandkids
    -Make some cookies (Oreo Balls)

Anyone else doing any Easter planning today?

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  2. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

Not yet... Still squeezing the last of the Christmas season out here. However, as I add dates to the 2020 kitchen calendar from the online calendar, I see that it will be a busy season. Confirmation, track, prom and the school play will be happening in the weeks leading up to Easter.

I have never kept an Easter notebook. What do you keep in your notebook?

3. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

I have done very minimal planning at this point - have an idea for Easter class treat, and small gifts for teachers, aides, etc.

It's so funny you mention Oreo Balls, holidaynut! I just came across a pin for them the other day and I added them to my planned baking list for Christmas 2020 - I haven't made Oreo Balls in donkey's YEARS!!! :D

I have a few toys purchased during Christmas sales that will go in Easter Basket - need to look around upstairs and make sure I have a nice big basket to use still - so many got used for gift baskets already!

Yesterday I made sure to pull out the Easter totes so that they are easy to hand - was putting away Christmas so everything was torn apart anyway!

I also need to repair/recreate my Easter wreath - it fell and broke last year and it's so adorable I have to redo it! I should have all the supplies!

I also need to brainstorm Easter egg filler ideas for this year!

I don't have a binder for Easter but here are the sections on my planning document I do every year:

- Outfits
    - Food
    - Easter Basket
    - Easter Egg Fillers
    - Class Treat
    - Teacher/Aide Gifts
    - Hostess Gift

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  4. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

I do know that instead of larger Easter baskets for the kids (31 and 27 by then) I am going to pare back to about 3-4 items.
    Small m&ms, mars bar etc, plus a bottle of their favourite soft drink and a chocolate bunny.
    I am going to focus on a family dinner, turkey, ham, roast veggies etc. I think we will benefit more from time spent together rather than the other items.

AuntJamelle and Holiday_Mom like this.
  5. AuntJamelle

AuntJamelle Well-Known Member

Decided on a Lemon Cheesecake for Easter!

Will make my standard graham cracker crust and make Lemon Curd to top it! I can make and freeze the cheesecake ahead and make the curd the weekend before! :)

sweetpumkinpye likes this.
  6. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Miam Lemon cheesecake!

I've found 3 crafts I'd like to make for Easter

AuntJamelle likes this.
  7. sweetpumkinpye

Oh my! Delicious

8. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Simply Knittng has a Peter Rabbit pattern in it this month. I'm thinking of knitting up a rabbit for each of the girls as our gift to them.
    I picked up three really cute Easter gift bags for 12 cents each and I went to a giftcard store this summer when they were clearing all their Easter cards 5/$1 and picked up nice ones with stickers for the girls.

I went to Giant Tiger the other day and it was full out ready for Easter - seemed so early!

AuntJamelle likes this.
  9. sweetpumkinpye

Our supermarket had medium sized chocolate bars on sale for $1 each so I picked up 2 for everyone's Easter bags.
    Will keep an eye out for small bottles of soft drink to add.
    As soon as the Easter Eggs hit the stores (and it won't belong) I will purchase 7 of those.

This month I want to plan a menu for Easter weekend dinner, and decided what day will be having the main meal, Saturday or Sunday.

Ahorsesoul and AuntJamelle like this.
  10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

we have easter out at work