July 2019 Declutter Club

Discussion in 'The Declutter Club' started by Lana, Jul 1, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Pam, you are doing great!

PamelaG and Ahorsesoul like this.
  2. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

WOW ... You are on a roll there. Great job!

Ahorsesoul and PamelaG like this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I have heard of people getting rid of covers that they place them in a plastic bag with note taped on outside saying the blanket is for you and if you need one to stay warm please take. Left on park bench or place where you know homeless are. Taped over whole note to keep it weatherproof.

Just a thought if anybody has some going to Goodwill. Or maybe drop off at a shelter that serves meals and they could hand them out.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Will give mom a few clothing items to take to her church for a give away day. Have 2 outfits of a skirt and shirt then 2 tops in it so far. Have a pair of new shoes too in it.

Church will give clothing away same day as they have games and hand out back packs to kids.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Moved some trash out of the breezeway and shed, got the fridge hideaways dumped out.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  6. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

We have a LOT of coats - I'm going to hold off on donating them until the weather gets a bit cooler and I can find a winter coat drive. We had one in Illinois years ago called Snug Hugs - the scout troops always participated - seems to me I remember it being coordinated by one of the auto shops, Midas or NAPA or somewhere like that.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  7. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

cleaned out under the sink in the kitchen and bathrooms. looks much better half empty bottles gone some bath and body stuff little in them gone.

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  8. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

When Teigan went home today she took barbie camper, barbie food truck, barbie boat, a shopping cart full of stuff, doll bed, doll nursey, barbie closet, 2 dolls, diaper bag for dolls that I made a few years back filled with burp rags, wipes, hooded bath towelscloths and etc, that I made for it.

She wanted to take big doll house but I told to wait and see where this is going and will always be back to take more. Plus my car was full.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2019
    Ahorsesoul, luludou and PamelaG like this.
  9. DawnSu

DawnSu Active Member

That's on my agenda for this winter. Have to get it done...

10. PamelaG

My goal for this weekend is to go through two totes of linens - I'm pretty sure there are tablecloths in there for tables that we don't have any longer (our table is round now and I want a rectangular table so there isn't much need for oval tablecloths). Report coming on Monday on what else I find!

DawnSu likes this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Not much moving out here. Old crockpot went to DD. A shirt that was ripped went in the bin. An old pair of boots went to the farm, I can wear them there.

luludou likes this.
  12. PamelaG

Two totes of linens yielded the following for the thrift store: oval tablecloth, 2 rectangular tablecloths, white handkerchief (no idea where that came from), tray cloth (don't know if these are used in the US, we had to use them in Domestic Science (UK-speak for the US equivalent, Home Ec) to present our dish of the day; it's like a placemat but thinner and it goes on your tray), 32 napkins (16 mint, 12 floral, 4 red), Longaberger toilet tank scarf and two finger towels (it's the Majolica Garden pattern if anyone has that pattern - the scarf was in the guest bath in our first RI house for maybe a few months, towels were displayed but never used), and two tea towels. These all came from the first tote; I was less successful with the second tote because everything in it is new. I did identify several items that can go in the gift closet and passed on as hostess or gift exchange gifts if either occasion comes up this holiday season.

Vic agreed to part with three books (one about basements so he couldn't argue for keeping that one since we don't have a basement!) and I found some other bits and pieces while I was cleaning the guest room - a box of floating candles, three jewelry trays, several binders, and a book I just finished reading and won't read again. I'm also parting with my mobile scrapbook cart and two rolling drawer units. Finally, one bath sheet that is so heavy, by the time you finish drying yourself after a shower, you're exhausted!

DawnSu, Holiday_Mom and Ahorsesoul like this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

LOL, I can just imagine that you work up such a sweat trying to get dry that you need another shower.

Good job of decluttering

Ahorsesoul and PamelaG like this.
  14. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Does having ds, ddil, cat and dog out of the house count? :rolleyes: They were here all weekend with what happend to ds. finally getting the house back.
    Got rid of one cup that was broken.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Lucie,
    If they cluttered the house or created the clutter it counts.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2019
    Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

DH has gone through his wardrobe and there is a big pile of shirts sitting on the floor. Not sure if they are to be donated or kept so will need to ask. Hopefully they are out the door.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

thats agreat idea for the blankets tfs

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  18. PamelaG

One T-shirt and ball cap added to the thrift store box.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  19. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

I unexpectedly ended up going through some things in our garage and now I have a few trash cans filled with broken items and lots of paper and cardboard to be recycled. I also dropped off 3 bags of books and 1 bag of clothes to the thrift store.

luludou likes this.
  20. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

WTG, Holiday Mom