JumpStart January Week Six: Kids Rooms (Feb 17-23)

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
Well time is flying by and so are the rooms. This week its kids rooms. I plan on helping DD do some cleaning in her room.

[ ] Clean under bed...yikes
[ ] Clean closet and take to Good Will
[ ] Wash window
[ ] Change bedding to new sheet set
[ ] Clean and organize entertainment center

That's it for me this week.

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
You know, my boys keep their rooms pretty neat - it's my daughter's room that drives me nuts!

My list this week:
[] have kids organize their own room - they must find a home for everything they want to keep - if I find junk laying around, it's mine!
[] purge, purge, purge!
[] sort/organize seasonal clothes
[] dust
[] windows, shades, curtains, &/or blinds
[] wipe walls
[] baseboards
[] vacuum
[] shampoo carpet

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
The kids are grown and gone. We have been working on converting one of the bedrooms to a hobby/project room. Great gains were made last summer when we painted it and changed the furniture. Not much has been done in there since then, except some things were put in there "temporarily". You all know how that goes.

This week:
[ ] remove things put there "temporarily"
[ ] clean out closet
[] dust
[] wipe walls
[] baseboards
[] vacuum

jackfrosty

Santa's Elves
GREAT! We've knocked the closet out of the Boy's room(they share) so I really would like to clear that space out as it's connected to our storage closet(eek!)and that seems to have grown over into their space! That's the plan for today -and change the bedding!

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Ah ... well, I have a few things from last week with Master Bath ... but this week for my DS4 ... here is my list below. My DD15 ... she can do her own!
:love:

Week Six: February 17th Kid's Room

[] Clean under bed
[] Go through toys and take out baby toys (he's 4 now)
[] Go through closet (major undertaking!)
[]Dust
[]Vacuum

Scarlett

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
South Carolina
I have got to get on this one. My child is 4, and I still have some baby clothes in the closet. Not to hijack this thread, but what do you do with clothes and shoes your child has outgrown? I don't have other children and no close relatives with small children. I hate to take everything to Goodwill - I'd like to see all of the money I've spent on clothes and shoes go to a good home! LOL!

Rackandrollgal

MHH Member
Dec 22, 2007
Great Smoky Mountains
No kids at home in this house. My guest room is occupied by a friend, and he keeps it neat. I'll do a major clean when (and IF) he ever leaves...sorry, that wasn't nice.

I'm still working on organizing my new craft area...so I"ll keep on plugging on that project. :help:

wantabe

Retire Member
Jan 11, 2008
Southwest Georgia
When I have clothes my DD4 has out grown that are still in good shape, I take them to a local consignment shop. The consignment shops usually have several ways to get your money from the clothes. I usually trade for store credit so I can get more clothes as needed! I think most of them also give cash if you don't see anything in the store you want or need.
A lot of the clothes at consignment shops are in excellent condition and some have tags still attached, and the prices are usually discounted quite a bit from retail. Check out your local consignment shop to see if their stuff is in good shape and how the selection is. :irishkiss:

Oh good this is part of my must do in 15 minutes a day!! Since we moved my boys into my brothers old room around Christmas time it has been a little chaotic. Some of my brothers things were left behind and I threw it all in bags which are piled up in one corner of the room. I am supposed to watch my nephew tomorrow night so maybe I can get him to take the stuff with him.... ;-)

{ } Get rid of my brother's items
{ } dust off and reorganize bed unit
{ } store air mattress "bags" under THEIR bed (out of MY closet...hehe)
{ } set up and clean off cubby storage units I pulled out of storage this past weekend and assign accordingly
{ } set up kids clothes for this weekend-seeing their grandmother and Aunt this weekend so I need to pack an overnight bag without them knowing about the surprise..
{ } Put assigned clothes in closet cubbies I just put up last week
{ } Vacuum and complete room before they return Saturday night
{ } hang and place all clothes in closet and dresser drawers

Scarlett said:
I have got to get on this one. My child is 4, and I still have some baby clothes in the closet. Not to hijack this thread, but what do you do with clothes and shoes your child has outgrown? I don't have other children and no close relatives with small children. I hate to take everything to Goodwill - I'd like to see all of the money I've spent on clothes and shoes go to a good home! LOL!

Where do you live?? There are some "daycare" organizations for low income families like the Head Start program that have many families that might be able to use them. Most head starts begin at age 3 but SOME of them also have Early Head Start which begin at like 6 wks and up!!! Then there are local churches who also run daycare programs that can either use some backup clothing or find a family who can use the clothes.

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well, I just finished last week's Master Bath cleaning ... today! Sigh ... but it's done. I posted my list earlier about my DS4 room. But I was looking over the Over All schedule of cleaning and tweaked it for me ... to see what I've done and where I'm going!

Also, about 4T clothes: Yes, I've done the consignment shop thing, the donate to a charity thing, the pass along to a friend thing, and my newest 'thing' is Freecycle!! http://www.freecycle.org/

::eek:rnament:

Cleaning Weekly
Jan 13th Front Porch
Jan. 20th Living Room
Jan. 27th Entry Foyer (hall closets for me)
Feb. 3rd Master Bedroom
Feb. 10th Master Bathroom

Feb. 17th Kids Rooms
Feb. 24th Guest Room/Office (computer room for me)
March 2nd Kitchen (surfaces for me)
March 9th Pantry & Closets (inside cabinets for me)
March 16th Family Room (screen room for me)
March 23rd Put away Easter decor {Garage (car port for me) }
March 30th Attic/Laundry Room
April 6th Gone on Vacation
April 13th Gone on Vacation
April 20th Free Choice/Finish up {Dining Room (wash down table ... redo chairs?)}

bunnylove

jampss

Premiere Member
Oct 24, 2007
FL
Well, I'm done!

Week Six: February 17th Kid's Room

[X] Clean under bed
[X] Go through toys and take out baby toys (he's 4 now)
[X] Go through closet (major undertaking!)
[X] Dust
[X] Vacuum

Now, next week will be HARD!! :) I'm tackling the Computer/Junk Room! YIKES!

I made my list to post come Sunday already! :)

:flower: :flower: :flower:

momof4

MHH Member
Nov 3, 2007
Southwest Ohio
Okay, I wasn't as successful this week as last. I think having 2 snow days really threw me!

My list this week:
[X] have kids organize their own room - they must find a home for everything they want to keep - if I find junk laying around, it's mine!
[X] purge, purge, purge! - Only got 1 "purge" worth of stuff out, but that's better than none!
[] sort/organize seasonal clothes
[X] dust
[] windows, shades, curtains, &/or blinds
[X] wipe walls
[] baseboards
[X] vacuum
[] shampoo carpet

holly-ivy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
sunny California
This week:
[x] remove things put there "temporarily"
[x ] clean out closet
[x] dust
[x] wipe walls
[x] baseboards
[x] vacuum

This room is finished! Yippee!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Am Australian and never heard of this very famous brand lol.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom