June 2017 Declutter club

Discussion in 'The Declutter Club' started by luludou, Jun 5, 2017.

1. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Minta likes this.
  2. luludou

So today I've decided to do the get-rid-of-one-thing-per-room decluttering.
    LR- nothing to declutter in there :(
    Kitchen - got rid of 3 candles, and a few papers
    Kitchenette - got rid of 1 glass
    Bathroom - got rid of 1 pill bottle
    Bedroom - got rid of an old shirt
    Guest room - got rid of 1 dvd

Now I'm going down to the basement to see what I can declutter down there.

Minta likes this.
  3. luludou

Round 1 of basement:
    DD's room - 1 skirt (mine as I am using her closet)
    DS's room - got a few eating items out of there and upstairs so they will get eaten. 1 empty water bottle, got rid of a few papers.
    Elsewhere - one empty box of crayons, 1 wood decoration, 1 box of fasterners for files (I never use them and still have another box downstairs)

on to round 2 of basement

Minta likes this.
  4. luludou

Round 2

2 old tape cassettes that I didn't even like
    4 packs of loose-leafs (will be given to dniece)... stil have LOTS!

Also found another old notebook and my everyday to-do notebook is almost finished so I think I'll spend some time recopying the things I want to keep in there.

Minta likes this.
  5. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

WOW Lucie you are doing well. don't know what I want to declutter in June but I do know that I want to get a lot done over the next few winter months here. I would like once again most of the heavy cleaning and decluttering done before Summer.

Minta likes this.
  6. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good job Lucie!

I moved out some old jeans to my niece. She is wanting to learn to sew. Jean quilt.

Minta likes this.
  7. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

Awesome job Lucie.

I went through my closet and got rid of 3 shirts, I still have more but its a start.

Went through a stack of mail .. sorted most to the recycle or to the burn pile.

8. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Way to go, everyone.

Yesterday, I sorted through the cabinets above the washer/dryer. I whole trash bag out and relocated a zip bag full of wrist, knee, and ankle braces collected over the years from various injuries. Plans are to complete a declutter in the guest bedroom tomorrow and Thursday.

Minta likes this.
  9. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I am waiting until DS and family move to SD then the letting go will begin.

Minta likes this.
  10. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Went thru pantry tonight and moved out some expired food. Also took everything out of fridge and washed it down and stuff went out.

Allen took 2 calves to sale barn and taking some sheep tom.. Does that count as decluttering pasture!?!?! LOL!

Minta likes this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

Lana, you made me giggle.
    I have just tidied that pantry before my shop tomorrow. I have a lot of stuff in there. I think on the weekend I might go through the pantry and freezers and start my meal plan from there. Too much stuff.

Minta likes this.
  12. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

Yesterday I contacted a local group to schedule a donations picked up and they said they would be in my area today so last night got together 2 boxes of dishes and glassware that we replaced with new sets and a trashbag of clothes we all no longer wear or outgrew and placed them in the driveway for pick up.

13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

I worked in my closet and guest bedroom yesterday. Way more clothes than I care to admit are bagged to go. I kept only what I truly love and wear with the exception of a few things that I use on rare occasions (turtle neck for under shirts at football games, super heavy coat for bus duty, etc., those type things). I still need to go through nightgowns/pajamas and socks. My mom wants to have a rummage sale on the 24th. Anything not sold will go to consignment or donated.

Minta likes this.
  14. MinnieCo

MinnieCo Well-Known Member

My focus room this week is my dining room. I've decided to part with some placemats I've had for 10+ years and never use anymore. I also pulled some decor I was going to use and never did, so I think I'm going to have a nice size bag to take to donation.

Minta likes this.
  15. sweetpumkinpye

Cleaned and tidied the kids bathroom. Threw out many empty and 1/2 empty containers of product. Put a new hook behind the door for the towels.
    Looks great in there. Might get to my bathroom today.

16. luludou

DD got rid of a few old pjs. Got a whole bag of stuff to donate and she brought a few things to her house. Mom is happy!

17. luludou

One-thing-per room today

Bathroom : empty bottle of pills
    Office : 2 computer cds for old games
    My bedroom: 1 bracelet and 1 necklace (costume jewelry)
    Kitchennette: 5 packs of restaurant cutlery I had kept (will give them to mom).
    Kitchen: an old bent candle
    LR: nothing to get rid of there

Basement pantry: 2 things out of the freezer were thrown away... been ther way too long
    Basement LR: 1 old recipe book, 1 old audio cassette
    Basement other area: 1 organizer thingy will be given to mom
    DS's room: threw away 2 juice boxes, 1 sunscreen bottle that was empty and emptied the garbage.
    DD's room: got rid of one of my tops that was in her closet.
    Basement bathroom: made some rags with an old towel.

Of course some rooms have less to get rid of, but some rooms are easy finds. Maybe if I do this regularly it'll end up showing.

I was under the impression I didn't get rid of much but when I list it here, not such a bad haul!

Minta likes this.
  18. luludou

Since I had bought a few things for me last week, I needed to get the same amount of clothes out the door, so: 2 pj tops, 1 cami, 1 shirt, 2 sweaters are now in the donation bag.

Minta likes this.
  19. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

More jeans out for my niece and a paper for mom! Bag of jeans that are to stained and cut up thrown out.

20. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Monday I hauled three leather topped end tables), a baker's rack and fireplace tools to DS's house. Glad to have all that gone and he loved them.