June 2017 Declutter club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
So today I've decided to do the get-rid-of-one-thing-per-room decluttering.
LR- nothing to declutter in there :(
Kitchen - got rid of 3 candles, and a few papers
Kitchenette - got rid of 1 glass
Bathroom - got rid of 1 pill bottle
Bedroom - got rid of an old shirt
Guest room - got rid of 1 dvd

Now I'm going down to the basement to see what I can declutter down there.

Reactions: Minta

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Round 1 of basement:
DD's room - 1 skirt (mine as I am using her closet)
DS's room - got a few eating items out of there and upstairs so they will get eaten. 1 empty water bottle, got rid of a few papers.
Elsewhere - one empty box of crayons, 1 wood decoration, 1 box of fasterners for files (I never use them and still have another box downstairs)

on to round 2 of basement

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Round 2

2 old tape cassettes that I didn't even like
4 packs of loose-leafs (will be given to dniece)... stil have LOTS!

Also found another old notebook and my everyday to-do notebook is almost finished so I think I'll spend some time recopying the things I want to keep in there.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
WOW Lucie you are doing well. don't know what I want to declutter in June but I do know that I want to get a lot done over the next few winter months here. I would like once again most of the heavy cleaning and decluttering done before Summer.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Awesome job Lucie.

I went through my closet and got rid of 3 shirts, I still have more but its a start.

Went through a stack of mail .. sorted most to the recycle or to the burn pile.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
Way to go, everyone.

Yesterday, I sorted through the cabinets above the washer/dryer. I whole trash bag out and relocated a zip bag full of wrist, knee, and ankle braces collected over the years from various injuries. Plans are to complete a declutter in the guest bedroom tomorrow and Thursday.

Miss JoDee

MHH Member
Premiere Member
Apr 22, 2011
Gurnee, IL
I am waiting until DS and family move to SD then the letting go will begin.

Lana

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Southern Illinois
Went thru pantry tonight and moved out some expired food. Also took everything out of fridge and washed it down and stuff went out.

Allen took 2 calves to sale barn and taking some sheep tom.. Does that count as decluttering pasture!?!?! LOL!

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Lana, you made me giggle.
I have just tidied that pantry before my shop tomorrow. I have a lot of stuff in there. I think on the weekend I might go through the pantry and freezers and start my meal plan from there. Too much stuff.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Yesterday I contacted a local group to schedule a donations picked up and they said they would be in my area today so last night got together 2 boxes of dishes and glassware that we replaced with new sets and a trashbag of clothes we all no longer wear or outgrew and placed them in the driveway for pick up.

missjane

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Louisiana
I worked in my closet and guest bedroom yesterday. Way more clothes than I care to admit are bagged to go. I kept only what I truly love and wear with the exception of a few things that I use on rare occasions (turtle neck for under shirts at football games, super heavy coat for bus duty, etc., those type things). I still need to go through nightgowns/pajamas and socks. My mom wants to have a rummage sale on the 24th. Anything not sold will go to consignment or donated.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
My focus room this week is my dining room. I've decided to part with some placemats I've had for 10+ years and never use anymore. I also pulled some decor I was going to use and never did, so I think I'm going to have a nice size bag to take to donation.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Cleaned and tidied the kids bathroom. Threw out many empty and 1/2 empty containers of product. Put a new hook behind the door for the towels.
Looks great in there. Might get to my bathroom today.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
DD got rid of a few old pjs. Got a whole bag of stuff to donate and she brought a few things to her house. Mom is happy!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
One-thing-per room today

Bathroom : empty bottle of pills
Office : 2 computer cds for old games
My bedroom: 1 bracelet and 1 necklace (costume jewelry)
Kitchennette: 5 packs of restaurant cutlery I had kept (will give them to mom).
Kitchen: an old bent candle
LR: nothing to get rid of there

Basement pantry: 2 things out of the freezer were thrown away... been ther way too long
Basement LR: 1 old recipe book, 1 old audio cassette
Basement other area: 1 organizer thingy will be given to mom
DS's room: threw away 2 juice boxes, 1 sunscreen bottle that was empty and emptied the garbage.
DD's room: got rid of one of my tops that was in her closet.
Basement bathroom: made some rags with an old towel.

Of course some rooms have less to get rid of, but some rooms are easy finds. Maybe if I do this regularly it'll end up showing.

I was under the impression I didn't get rid of much but when I list it here, not such a bad haul!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Since I had bought a few things for me last week, I needed to get the same amount of clothes out the door, so: 2 pj tops, 1 cami, 1 shirt, 2 sweaters are now in the donation bag.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
Monday I hauled three leather topped end tables), a baker's rack and fireplace tools to DS's house. Glad to have all that gone and he loved them.