Labor Day September 3rd, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Sep 3, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Happy Labor Day!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I am up. Have the curtains off the windows in here yet and brighter in here. Have 3 windows that are all together and normally have dark brown curtains on them. They are washed but will need to run the iron over them.

Have made GREAT progress in room but still working in here.

Jane hope you are feeling better.

Pam how was Brysen?

Allen is getting ready to go see Aunt Imogne. I havent been in awhle. That cellulitus and then this cold that started last week.

I ordered Teigan her big Christmas present last night (unless I save for b'day). Target was advertising it and as I was showing Allen Sat. night (first time I saw it) the preorders went to sold out. Amazon had it for about $500 ( 1 1/2 times more than Target) and I saw last night they were sold out of the preorder. Saw Wal-Mart had it on preorder and on sale and cheaper than Target. By $10 but hey. The LOL Doll Surprise house. She LOVES those things and they keep coming out with more and more stuff! :) :( :) Grandpa Greg brings her one every time he comes. Big sister, little sister or pet.

I better get moving!

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

Good morning!!

I slept in just a bit this morning. I am off to get some of my housework done before we head outside to work on the patio. Suppose to be great temps today for working outside.

Not much else going on. Oh... Kiddo drove me to the grocery store last night to pick up our order. When we got home he helped carry the groceries in the house. :cool:

4. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone.

I've been watching the summer countdown of movies on Hallmark. I pause it when I need to do something and watch when I have time or want to sit down for a while. I'm feeling better this morning. No headache. Still some sinus pressure, but not like yesterday.

I went out side and pulled up the summer tomatoes. The cucumbers have died. Only the peppers are still alive, so I watered them...bell and jalapeno...cayenne are about gone...pulled up one. Every day, rain has been forecast, and we haven't gotten any yet. I need to run to the farmer's supply store and see what they have that I want to plant. I may direct seed some squash since they like cool weather.

I want to put out some fall stuff today and need to do the clean out under our bed today.

Lana, be sure and take care of yourself. You go and go so much doing for everyone.
    Carrie, good for you for sleeping in!

Take care and have a good day, everyone!

5. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all. It is really hot today. Best to say inside.

More laundry is going. Need to start the dishwasher too. I'm decluttering but it seems more like I am just moving things from one place to another - but must try nonetheless.

Jane - glad you are feeling better
    Jess - hiking in the rain is just plain misery
    Lana - lucky Teigan!
    Carrie - enjoy relaxing on the patio
    Lisa - ah! Whoopie pies - love them

teachermomof2 likes this.
  6. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. It's REALLY quiet here - since there's no school today, dgkids spent the night at a friend's house. I have no idea when they will be home. Dgd's kitty spent the night by the front door, waiting for her to come home. This morning he asked me to open the door so she could come in, so I opened it to show him she isn't there. He followed me around for a bit, but he's back at the door. Poor little guy.

After dsil had his 2 flat tires last week, DD got one yesterday on her way to work. Her car doesn't have a spare - just a tire repair kit. Fortunately she has experience with that sort of thing. She knew she would be late for work, and her clothes were dirty after sitting on the ground and wrestling with the tire, so she just called in sick.

We have no holiday plans - sleep & work for DD & dsil, TV for DH whenever he wakes up, and I am working on laundry. That's an all day chore. I want to finish the book I'm reading so I can start the 3 I got from the library.

Have a great day!

7. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Afternoon ladies. I laid around some yesterday then spent a big portion of the day cooking and putting food in the freezer. I am going back to Kohls as a seasonal hire for some extra $$ so I wanted to get some easy meals prepared. I made one more today and am getting the boys prepped for school tomorrow. Freshman and Senior in HS. Crazy.
    Not sure what DH is planning I think he is washing the cars.

Have a great day

8. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Hello friends!

Just got home a little bit ago from Jay's. We were both tired from yesterday. May I tell you that I have the cutest great grandson in the history of great grandchildren? He is so darned cute! Brysen is adorable! He is still a little fussy, but he got handed around a lot yesterday. Filled his diaper twice after Lindsay changed him. I laugh because I didn't have to change him! I love my little man. We had a good time visiting yesterday.

It is really hot today. Both of my arms got burned a little. But my bum is so tired of sitting in a vehicle yesterday. If I hadn't had that party on Saturday, I would have gone down then instead of yesterday. But Mr. B was worth it all.

I am gonna rest for a while. Dd is having an open house for her new business...part 2. I have offered to help, but she wants to do it all. Her DH will help her a lot, I know. I am still looking for a produce stand that is open so I can get some tomatoes. I want a tomato sandwich so badly! That just sounds so good to me!

Hope you are all having a great Labor Day. Blessings to you!

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I ended up going down to Poker Night last night. We have been invited repeatedly and never go, think I explained why yesterday. Our friends went so I walked down and sat with my friend. She introduced me to her neighbor, who is very nice and sweet and talked to me along with my friend the whole evening. The hostess didn't even bat an eyelash in our direction or bother to make introductions or say hello. Not a very good hostess in my opinion. I would never let people arrive and not say hi or make introductions or let them feel unwelcome at my house. But that's just me. Anyway, I had a good time sitting in our little end of the tables until both of them had to go put babies to bed and I was left there by myself and not one person spoke to me. My friend called and said she would probably be a while and I was welcome to come over to her house instead. So I did. Once she got the baby down, we sat on her porch and had a drink and then DD and I walked home.

I need to eat something and get ready to head to Zumba. Then i'll come home and shower and make a grocery list and get that knocked out. DH wasn't sure what time they would be done and heading home. I need to work on homework at some point today, but the sun is shining and it would be a nice beach day, but I still need to take the older two to get new shoes. Ugh!

Lana- WOW! That's a hefty pricetag. Glad you were able to find it cheaper and on sale elsewhere.
    Carrie- Don't you love when kids are helpful. LOL It's like pulling teeth sometimes to get my kids to even do their chores but then they wonder why they haven't received their allowance in their bank accounts.
    Jane- Glad you are feeling better! I planted a cucumber and zucchini plant. The cucumber had some flowers on it but they have kind of gone away. Not sure if it's because I haven't trellised the plant or what. I need to get a trellis this week. I have some bell pepper starts, broccoli and lettuce inside that will be ready to move out soon.
    Debbie- It usually is horrible, but luckily we did have some canopy cover from the trees so my feet weren't wet. I can't say the same for the majority of the boys though. They just don't know how to step carefully. And some of them were camping without parents and the parents (or the boys) didn't pack enough clothing or a change of shoes.
    Deb- Aw, poor kitty. Enjoy your reading today! I have a book that I want to finish too.
    Shannon- I wish I could do the freezer cooking like that. I just never know what to cook. I did read the freezer prep thread but my kids are so darn picky, I would end up prepping meals for DH and I and not them. Good for you for getting all that done ahead of time.
    Pam- Glad you got to see the baby!

Enjoy your day!

10. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

happy labor day
    been with my grandson all day to hot outside so we have been inside
    no cookouts this year to hot plus my daughter is a teacher getting ready for school tomo
    other kids are busy
    we have my sons birthday coming up soon so we will all be doing something then
    have agood day

11. missjane

Hi, everyone. I've been flipping to the weather channel off and on today trying to see where TSGordan is headed. The most we ever get is wind and rain, but sometimes we have power outages, too. I always prepare, but seldom have a need to. Just wondering if I should pick up some water and have the butane tank for the BBQ filled, so that if we do lose power, we can cook outside instead of in so the house doesn't get so hot. Later in the week, it may keep us out of school for a day if the rainfall totals are high and winds are enough to tip over a bus.

We found a washer for DD21's college house. DH's principal had one. They had bought a new matching set, washer and dryer, because their dryer wasn't working correctly. I think he may take it over tonight and put it in.

I cleaned under the bed, took off the bed skirt and washed it. I didn't find any sign of the cat peeing under the bed...couldn't smell it, either...so.... I went through the candles and threw some out...thought about keeping them for the emergency kit, but have plenty in there already I think.

I browsed pinterest some for fall decorating ideas.

HW2, that's too bad that it's too hot to be out. DS's birthday celebration is something to look forward to.
    Grammadeb, glad you had a slower day. Sorry about DD's flat. We made all our kids learn to change a flat if they had one.
    Jess, maybe you intimidate the wife or maybe she's just a jealous wife! lol Hope you find the kids some shoes...always hate it when we have to do those things we HAVE to do and can't do the things we want to do!
    Robin, how is Gordan treating y'all?
    Pam, having a baby would be so exciting, but DD25 and DSIL aren't going to for a while, if ever. DS and DDIL are finished, they say, and DD21 doesn't even have a BF, so none are in our future, it seems.
    Shannon, it sucks to have to have a second job. That's one of the reasons I initially took the bakery job...to fill time while DH is at ball practice and to help DD25 since she was going back to school to be an RN, but they're doing fine financially, and it was just too much. You'll be thankful for the freezer meals, I know. I'm trying to make more room in the freezer for some.
    Debbie, (sigh), I know what you mean about it seeming like things are just moved from one place to another. :confused::rolleyes: It seems there are things we must have, but just don't have the right "home" for them...where do you put those things??!! Ugh! Drives me crazy! I like every thing for its place and every place for its thing.

Hope you all have a good evening.

12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening!
    Weekend with family was mostly good... except for some aunts saying I called one first instead of the other when uncle died?! say what?! he died, whichever one I call 1st doesn't matter, all knew withing 1 hour of each other.
    Got back last night. today was vaccum, laundry, groceries, dishwasher going & emptied, picking up, cooking, phew, just sitting down for a few minutes before supper.
    DS made an offer on his 1st house! we find it big and expensive but...
    DD met us at my mom's for supper Saturday night with her boyfriend. they slept there with us. Me & sis got mom to a store and bought her two skorts (skirt-shorts) for her belated bday gift. DH tried to fix something in my parent's shower and ended up breaking a window pane :(
    Getting ready for work tomorrow.

GrammaDeb - glad you enjoyed the overnight oats! I love it

Later​

GrammaDeb likes this.
  13. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Woke up at 5 with a headache, took a pill and am hoping that it goes away soon. Work today and I have a few things to do there so it should go quickly. I put in for some days off and the first on will be in a few weeks so I am looking forward to that. I also asked for Christmas Eve off and my new CW will cover for me. Excited about that one!!!!
    DH has a doctors appointment this morning to let her look at him after the incident on the bus yesterday. He is a little banged up this morning.
    That is about it from here.

Much love,

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  14. missjane

Katrina, hope everything checks out with DH.

15. missjane

I didn't get as much done today as I had hoped, but I did manage to accomplish a lot. DD21 and I ran to Walmart and picked up a few things she needed for the college house. She's going back tomorrow, instead of Wednesday due to the weather.

Night, everyone!

16. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

I went to Zumba this morning and loved it. I was a super sweaty mess by the time it was over but the routine wasn't that difficult to catch on to and it was very fun. I got a great workout! I will be going back tomorrow morning. She teaches Mon-Wed at 9 a.m. I may not be able to make it all 3 days every week but i'll do my best. I came home and DH and Eli had just gotten home from camping. I showered and they showered and then we all left to go shoe shopping. We started at the PX and then went down to a mall. DD and DS both found shoes, we grabbed lunch and Cinnabon for breakfast tomorrow and came home.

DH headed out to the Harley shop to see about some parts for his bike and I started work on a grocery list and went to the Commissary. I haven't worked on any schoolwork today, not sure if I will or not. My right knee (good knee) has been hurting a lot lately when I go up the stairs or step up at all or put pressure on it like that. Today it's been off the charts every time I do that movement. I really don't want to go back to the doctor about it because I don't want to be referred to Ortho because I hate going there now after what they said about my left knee. I feel like they will treat me the same way about my right even if there is something wrong with it. I'm not sure what to do. I think i'm going to keep exercising and try stretching out my hips and see if that helps any. I need to see when my last MRI was on my right knee and go from there.

Jane- Stay safe!
    Katrina- Hope DH is okay!

17. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Well the 3 day week-end is over. I got alot done in my room but it isn't done. No reason it shouldn't be with 3 days off. But Sunday afternoon Jaymee, Teigan and I went into the barn for awhile and then this a.m. us 3 went on a Kubota ride. Laundry is all done and dishes are all done---again! Filing for 2018 is caught up. Wish I had another day or 2! Going through drawers and all so....

Tonight Allen, Jaymee, Teigan, Ryan and I all went deer looking. She loved that everybody was there!

Coughing yet but at least the nose isn't running and head feels better.

Jess, she sounds unfriendly.

Better go make bed.