Last Day of September! September 30th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Sep 30, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Can you believe that the first ber month is over?!?!?

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Yesterday a.m. started out cool but got really nice. In the a.m. we ran into Ashley and got some stamps, dropped off some items at library and went to the bank. I heard people in the library but didn't look at any and when leaving Teigan said Lyla and Ava were there and I said no but I noticed a car and went in and sure enough it was them. My great nieces there with exBILs girlfriend. They were coming to the door saying I knew it was Teigan.

She was in the parade, we walked around the Fall Fest and then went to Mexican. Came home and Allen went to mow. Teigan and I played outside. She played I sewed.

Getting ready to go see Aunt Im now and home to do stuff.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. FrostyShimmer

FrostyShimmer Well-Known Member

Hi Lana, and all who follow,
    Nice and cool here today.
    Hoping to get some cleaning done today.
    Hard to believe it's the last day of September already. Christmas is getting so close :)

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I saw it was the end of the month on the calendar but it didn't sink in until I read today's forum heading. lol I know it was just the other day when it was the end of August!

Everyone is busy with getting ready for the change of seasons. We all sound like squirrels getting our stock of food buried for the coming season. lol

I'm off to work in the garage. I have poppy seeds to collect and catnip to dry. Enjoy

5. cmerth

cmerth Active Member

Good morning all!!

I am up and around with my cane. So far so good.

I want to start in Kiddo's room cleaning... I doubt I will get much help from him as he is online playing games. Got a bit of laundry to do. It has been quite chilly in the evenings. Hubby brought out the electric blanket.

The dog who got in my way and resulted in my injury... she won't leave me alone this morning. Even when I sit at the computer she sits super close and stares me down. Don't know what her deal is.

Not much else going on. Not sure the sun is even going to come today.

Later...

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Sunny and cool-ish. Lovely.

Went to the Met's Captain David Wright's last game yesterday. Stadium was full and the crowd was electric. Bittersweet. There are pics on FB if anyone is interested.

Still working on decluttering. I suggested to DH that the house was starting to look like hoarders lived here but that didn't seem to move him. Well, I will do my part and I guess that's all I can do.

Otherwise doing laundry, making a "ballpark" meal of hamburgers and hot dogs for the final game of the season on TV tonight, and maybe some knitting.

Carrie - your dog obviously loves you and is apologizing
    Lana - Tiegan must have looked adorable
    Diedra - great work by you and DH
    Lisa - glad to see you back again
    Lucie - another busy weekend
    FS - enjoy the pleasant weather
    Deb - good to see you again

7. wadeallie

wadeallie Active Member

Good frosty afternoon everyone!
    I get today to catch up on some sewing. I have been following some of the independent designers who sell clothing patterns in pdf form and I'm making my granddaughters tee shirts. The patterns are not pricey and you have them forever. You just print them from your computer. When you download the pattern pieces you assemble them like a puzzle and use the same as any manufacturer's pattern. Right now I'm making the "Discoverer tee" from Ellie and Mac. Later I'm going to make a hoodie for Hailey.
    Everything here is slowing down. Ethan headed back to college at the end of August for his 3rd year. He did message me this morning early to say someone had jumped from the dorm building next door and he could see the body on the basketball court outside his window. I told him to seek counseling if he has a nightmare about it or if it bothers him any. His school has great support for the students. It's such a shame that things in one's life should escalate to the point where they end their lives. :(
    We've been watching a flock of 10 turkey hens out back. They've been here 4 days just grazing on something and then off back in to the woods.
    Well, I sent Shannon my info for the card swap. I'm getting excited !! So close now. Woo-Hoo!
    Have a great Sunday!
    ~Allison

luludou likes this.
  8. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Vgood afternoon.

Gonna watch the Colts game this afternoon. It is on now.

We had a serve Muncie community service at church today. I forgot to sign up for anything, so I thought I can still pray. I often pray for that ministry. Maybe someday I will be able to help or give $$ to help them. I love that our pastor started this.

I should clean up my kitchen so that I can dirty it up again by making pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. MJ and Norm are in favor of that!

Colts just scored! They are playing at home today in Lucas Oil Stadium. I am going to try to sew 2 days every week for birthdays and Christmas while there is time. Need to get my Christmas book out to help me plan. Allie, you made it for me, remember? I think that will help me get organized this year. One year, I made everyone in our family coffee cozies. I don't think anyone uses them! Sad.

Well, I am very hungry and there isn't much in Mother Hubbard's cabinets or freezer. I have some Pasta and think I will fix that with butter and garlic. Yummy.

9. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I had a headache all day yesterday, the Ibuprofen and Sudafed didn't touch it. The Joint Spouses Conference was good, I enjoyed my classes. The instructor for the Honu painting wasn't the best, although she is a fantastic artist just not a great teacher. But my other classes were great. Lunch was okay and the guest speaker was just okay. It was much better last year. I was not impressed with the spread they had for "breakfast" either. However, I was impressed that they had a Starbucks booth that was open all day and it was free. You couldn't get specialty drinks but you could get black coffee, iced coffee, and an assortment of teas. Apparently they were a major sponsor this year. I bought two wine tumblers (one for me and one for a gift) and a tank top to support next years conference. I was very ready to come home at the end of the day as my headache was quickly developing into a full blown migraine. I didn't even eat dinner last night, just came home and did what I needed to do and laid on the couch. Then when it was time, I went upstairs and took a migraine pill (for the 3rd night in a row now) and went to bed. I slept horribly again...3rd night in a row I believe. I don't know how i'm still functioning. My headache was gone at some point but I can feel the spot starting to nag again. I took a Sudafed when I got up because i'm a bit stuffy, hoping that would ward anything off, but no such luck. Ugh!

No idea what's on the agenda for today. I would like DH to get the Halloween decorations out of the garage so I can go through them and decide what I want to use. I need to do homework and get through this chapter before Tuesday. Laundry needs doing. I found out our niece will be on island at the end of the month visiting a friend so we will make plans to see her when she's here. That's exciting. I have to run to the Commissary today and get a couple things for dinner tonight. I had them when I made my meal plan but they've been used this week for other things. I also have to keep an eye on my bids today in the silent auction for Stroller Warriors for the Make-A-Wish foundation. I'm bidding on several different items, some for gifts, and today is the last day.

Lana- September went by so quickly!
    Hi FS!
    Diedra- I love your comparison! I asked DH to pull out my Halloween decor and he said no, it was too early. I will get him to do it before the day is out. We have fully decorated houses in our neighborhood already.
    Carrie- She knows you're hurting. They always know. My dogs do the same thing.
    Debbie- I bet that was an awesome game.
    Allie- So nice to see you! Wow, that's so awful. I hope your DS will be okay.
    Pam- I actually just saved coffee cozies on Pinterest. LOL

Enjoy your day!

10. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon!

It's sunny but brisk here today. I'll take it! We went to early mass. I made muffins for breakfast. Then prepped and served for lunch before H heads to work and another week of college. We had meatloaf, buttered noodles and green beans. I've been doing some cleaning here and there....bathroom fans, vacuuming, and such, Soon it will be time to take M to dance. I have a few errands to run while she is there, then I'll go sit and wait for her.

Nice to see all your posts today! I hope you have a blessed Sunday!

11. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. have a great day. grandson and i are enjoying the nice weather outside

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good morning,
    October 1st here. DH and I are up early and leaving for a day at the farm. I haven't been there for a while, too busy doing other things. Should be home by early evening.
    A nice day here and should be nice for the rest of the week so I can get a bit more cleaning done here. Would like to run to the hardware store at some stage and get some flowers for the back yard and get it ready for bbqing. Better go, DH has started the car !

13. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again!

Laundry is done - for now - and dinner eaten. My craft stuff is mostly organized and put away. Still have to work on my room but I do have some feeling of accomplishment.

Tomorrow is dentist and Tuesday the periodontist. I hope that my mouth is OK enough for the lunch with my friend that I have planned for Wednesday.

DH might want to go to BJ's tomorrow and I do need a couple of things. Weather is supposed to be really nice for the next few days so whatever we do should be OK

Katrina - hope you have a lovely day at the farm
    Jess - I need to do Halloween decorations too
    HW2 - glad you could enjoy the fine weather.

14. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

We found a dress! We found it at a store I never heard of Windsor. It took less than an hour. I got her to come to the house with me to go through her boxes of stuff and so more stuff will leave the house. Tomorrow I will make that trip to the thrift store.

We celebrated DS(27) birthday today. He will be in Seattle for work on Tuesday his actual birthday.
    I will be up early tomorrow to get a good start on the week.

Have a good evening.

luludou likes this.
  15. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Getting ready to shower.

Went to Aunt Ims this a.m. and stopped by Krogers and dollar General. Got a couple small gifts and a stocking stuffer for Jaymee. Picked up a few items the other night for the poster I do for Teigan. Brought McDonalds home.

We went outside and started draining the pool, and I was picking up around the tree. Then I went and got a huge huge sack of beer can and a garbage sack full and set and pulled the tabs off for Teigan to take to school. Ryans one friend saves them for Teigan so I pull the tabs for school. Got 3/4 a sandwich baggie full for her to take tomorrow.

We have customer appreciation week this week so can wear jeans everyday! :) With a CTB shirt. (Community Trust Bank)

Had pork steaks, corn on the cob. baked potatoes and cheese/broccoli noodles for supper. Went out and took Teigans training wheels off but not so sure of that. Played tag and Hide and Seek. Jaymee, her and I.

I better move along!

So GLAD to see Lisa and Allie posting.

Sleep tight!

Got my frontier bill yesterday and it was $400! Evidently I didn't pay last month! :0!!! :(

16. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Evening!

I have, yet again, had a headache all day. DH and I went to his office this morning and got it set up, stuff hung on the walls and cleaned it. Then we came home and rested for a bit and then took the kids to the NEX. DD wants to dye her hair crazy again so we were in search of color, among a few other things. We had lunch there and then went to Target and came home. I have been on the couch since. Never did make it to the Commissary. DH has done some cleaning and i've done some resting and reading. I did fold a load of clothes. If I still have this headache tomorrow then i'll call the chiropractor and see if I can get in this week instead of waiting until my appointment next week. I also didn't get any homework done today, so tomorrow that will be my sole focus since I have nothing else on my schedule, although I feel like i'm forgetting something.

17. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Back from the farm, perfect weather and it was gorgeous to see the fields of Canola everywhere.
    Wrote a list of upcoming projects, always something.
    An early night.
    Take care all.

MrsSoup likes this.