Last June Saturday, 6-30-18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Pam Spaur, Jun 30, 2018.

1. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Good morning, late sleepers

2. Pam Spaur

I can't believe I am the first one to post. WAKE UP, LAZY BONES, lol. Just kidding!

It is going to be very hot today. I would like to pop in to Aldi's today, if MJ and I go out. She has adult onset asthma, and I don't want to keep her in the heat too much.

I am watching EXPEDITIONS UNKNOWN on the Travel channel. It is fascinating! That and Mysteries at the Museum are my Saturday morning entertainment. Watch them sometime.

Yesterday, I really was careful with my back. Cleaned up my kitchen. When I would start to hurt, I sat. Took me all day, but I was so happy to get it done. Then I put away my laundry. Today, I hope to make my bed and empty one box. If all goes well, I will do more than one. But it will be back breaking, I'm sure.

That's it for me. Tell me about your day!

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

My neck is very sore today on the left side from the chiropractor yesterday. I think it's actually from the TENS unit and not from the adjustment. My back is a little sore but not anything bad. We are leaving the house this morning since we are not going to have power from 7 a.m. to 3 p.m. for maintenance on the substation. I'm going to leave the blinds closed and I left the air on cold instead of turning it up this morning when I got up so it would continue to cool the house in hopes that the house will stay cooler for the dogs. I think it will be fine. Our house doesn't usually get very warm anyway and the air doesn't kick on often. With all of us being out of it and not opening the doors, it should be better.

We are going to breakfast with our friends and then the beach I think. We won't last there all day so not sure what we'll do after that but we may just come home. I have a slight headache so hoping it doesn't develop into anything. I suppose I should get off here and get ready before we lose power! My last night of work tonight!!! YAY!

Enjoy your day!

4. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I am to leave for work in about 30 mins. It is 91* with a feels like temp of 107* and I work outside
    DD is here but did not in an opening to talk to her. Waiting on God's lead. Right now I am thinking that she has resigned herself to the fact that this what the relationship is and that she is loyal.

5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. It's pretty quiet here. Dgkids were grounded all week until today, for lying and not doing chores. They have a pizza party this afternoon at a friend's house. I told them I would check chores when it's time for them to leave, in half an hour. If chores are not done, they will be late. They're upstairs now finishing their half hour of reading.

Dsil's brother is in town this weekend, from Canada. He was supposed to visit last night, so everyone pitched in for a house cleaning blitz. DH was banished to the bedroom so we didn't have to clean around him. It was great - the whole house is spotless- and then brother didn't show. Not cool. I plan to get some sewing done while the dining room table is clean, which means today.

DH wants to go out for dinner today, for our anniversary. 46 years! We share our anniversary with dd & dsil, tomorrow. They will take the kids tomorrow night to see Incredibles 2. They don't get much family time, so this will be fun for them.

Have a great day everyone.

6. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good afternoon friends!

It's hot here. 89 and a pollen alert for us. The neighboring counties have heat advisories and air quality advisories.

I slept in, then watched You before Me. I started it last night, but our wifi was giving fits (I think we need a new router.) so I finished it this morning. I cried like a baby for most of the movie. My nose is sore from all of my tissue use! :oops: Then I got ready for the day. We are to already be at a shower, but dh gets in over his head with the time he has allotted, and we end up late. . He is finally in the shower. Sigh.

So we will go to the picnic, then hopefully mass at 4, but I doubt it now since we are so late.

Jody....be safe in the heat today. Praying you get the opportunity to speak candidly with dd.
    Deb...happy anniversary!
    Hi Jess!
    Pam....glad you are pacing yourself!

peace~

7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Up at 6.30 to get pick up by other coach. DrillDance meeting in Sydney today. Meeting starts at 11.30 and it is a 3 1/2 hour drive for us. Then of course 3 1/2 hours back!!!

DB,my mum and I went out to a Thai restaurant last night to 'celebrate' my mum and dads 56th wedding anniversary. It was lovely and nice for just the 3 of us to catch up. Got home and straight into bed, it was chilly out there.

1st of July here so 2 more months of Winter before Spring starts on September 1st. Will use the next to months to up my Christmas prep and to organise the Spring cleaning routine.

Hope that you all have a fabulous day

8. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

HI, everyone. I checked in this morning, but no one had posted and didn't start the thread.

It's been a somewhat lazy day here. I cleaned the kitchen and made two different kinds of spicy peach jelly with peaches I bought Thursday and peppers from the garden. It all started because I was looking for some type of peach glaze to try on baked chicken. I still have some peaches left, but we'll eat most of those. I do want to make a cobbler, too, though.

I sat down to watch a movie and ended up falling asleep. My head was hurting some and I was feeling a little nauseous. I started Trulicity today because the doctor took me off Victoza since I am apparently allergic to it. I'll have to look up side effects. It may be related and will go away after my body adjusts.

I had a new therapist at PT Friday, and he was not good. Honestly, it was like a child sitting there massaging my back. Normally, my muscles are stretched manually by the therapist along my left side. I have wedges/lifts that I lie on to realign my spine and muscles while my hips are manipulated, etc. Nope...none of that...I could have just as well stayed at home for all the good he did. I have only three more sessions. Hopefully, I won't get him again.

DH and I are supposed to go out to eat for our anniversary. We had talked about going to Monroe, but I think I'm going to suggest we go to Winnsboro to the restaurant where we went on our first date. It's a locally owned favorite restaurant, and it's good.

Jody, I've been praying today that God opens the door for just the right opportunity for you to talk to DD. Hopefully, this heat will let up some soon.
    Lisa, I'm the one here who's bad about thinking I can get more accomplished than my time allows! Hope you made mass so you don't have to get up so early tomorrow for it.
    GrammaDeb, happy anniversary, a day early. At the time, "doing" a major life event on the same date as someone in the family sounds good, but then, when it comes to the celebration of it, it can create conflict! DGS#1 and ex-DH's wife#2 share a birthday. DDIL, DGS#2, and DD21 all have birthdays within the same week, so scheduling BD celebrations for them is always hectic. DD25 and I are two days apart, two weeks before Christmas!! lol Of course, we had no control over any of those, but it still gets interesting planning for all of them.
    Katrina, I'm so glad I can get on here and read about cooler weather somewhere when we're burning up! Try and stay warm and be safe today!
    Jess, hope your headache didn't get worse. Nothing worse than a headache in the heat!
    Pam, I can totally empathize with your back situation. A month ago when mine messed up, I could hardly stand in one place long enough to brush my teeth, let alone do dishes, etc. Praying when they test the stimulator, it works and you get some relief.

Hope you all have a great evening...or day. Rest well, everyone.

9. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Good Afternoon!
    It is about 97 here. I worked this a.m. came home and then Jaymee, Teigan, Allen and I went to the park. Teigan rode 2 ponies Thunder and Spice $5 a ride and they go around a circle like 10 times each, then got an airbrush pony tattoo and he put a T on her wrist that was $5 and then $10 for unlimited balloon jumping. Home now until fireworks at 9:30. We are about 3 to 4 minutes from town.

I unloaded dishwasher and have it going. I put cinnamon around the kitchen sink all away around it. Seems the ants will go there. Dishes are rinsed when put into sink.

I have to work on the checkbooks now.

Happy Anniversary Deb and DD.

Pam, hope you got some cleaning done.

Jess, hope your house stayed cool.

Jody, I feel for those working outside. Prayers for your talk with DD.

Katrina, good luck today!

Lisa, enjoy whatever you do.

Allen and Teigan went and got 6 new sheep this a.m.. Allen is now taking a couple sheep and ducks to a petting zoo at a church picnic. So hot for it but....................

10. Pam Spaur

Well, my back was giving me fits today, so not as much got accomplished as I had hoped. It is so stinkin' hot! I got my bedroom straightened and the bed made. Cleaned out my dresser and closet. Have some clothes for the thrift store. Some things for MJ and my little Jakey's mom. No boxes today. Still need to dust and vacuum. Maybe tomorrow. MJ's son wants to take us out for dinner tomorrow afternoon. If I do not have to cook or do dishes, I am IN!

If I cool off this evening, I may try some more sewing. I am spending HOURS on Pinterest!

Try to stay cool this evening. Drink plenty of fluids. I have been drinking Country Time Lemonade all day. See ya all tomorrow! Blessings!

11. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

The power was back on an hour early it seems and the house was nice and cool when we walked in so I doubt it got warm much at all while we were gone. We had breakfast at a place in Haleiwa. The service was awful but the food was okay, we won't go back though. Then we headed to secret beach. Our friends loved it and I have no doubt that they'll go back with or without us. I think several of us got sunburned even though we reapplied sunscreen. DD didn't put any on except for her face and she most definitely got burned. She normally wears a swimshirt but left it in the car. We stopped for shave ice on the way home and then went through the McDonalds drive through.

DH is on hold with AT&T to see what the fee would be to get out of the contract on his watch or if he can keep the contract if we cancel the rest of our service. We are seriously thinking about switching to Verizon. Our service sucks in our house and at his office and other people we know say that Verizon is way better. They are now comparable cost-wise, if not cheaper with the military discount, to what we have and they have unlimited data.

I need to run and buy the prepaid tickets for 4th of July for the kids for activities and rides. I'll call and see if my friends wants to run with me. I would much rather nap. I really should be getting my presentation finalized. My boss texted to tell me thank you for everything since it's my last day and then kind of asked if I was interested in keeping just the Nissin line. I guess the people that were supposed to take over changed their minds. I won't do it, i'm done and glad to be.

12. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

DH and I opted for the local restaurant. We saw some old friends and his deceased brother's widow and her mom. Now, we're just chilling out under the air conditioner. I ran to Walmart before we went out to eat, and my car thermometer was reading 104 on the 15 minute drive there. It was down to 98 by the time I started back home. I ate all my baked potato, but brought home about 1/2 of all my other food.

We watered the garden after we got home. All the plants were droopy. I tied up the tomato plants. It's the last time I'll be doing that because they're all as tall as the tomato sticks now...most as tall as me! Not sure how much more squash we'll get. They don't like it once the weather gets so hot and dry, even though I planted them where they get afternoon shade. The cucumbers are finally making, which means I'll be making sweet pickles soon. I've never found a dill recipe I like...always seem too soggy...besides, we don't eat many dill, anyway.

Jess, hope the last night at work goes quickly.
    Lana, it sounds like Teigan had a fun day.
    Pam, I can think of no better way to spend one's time than on Pinterest if one has to sit around taking care of their back!

Night, everyone.

13. MrsSoup

Last night at work done!! DH and I were home before 9 p.m., it's a record! There wasn't much Nissin bought today so he got done with that the same time roughly as I got done with everything else. I left my printouts for whoever takes over my lines.

The fee to cancel the contract on his watch is much less than we anticipated so DH ran to Verizon to ask some questions earlier. Looks like we will be switching phone service tomorrow. He also went with our friend (husband) and picked up tickets for the kids. She hadn't showered yet after the beach so we sent the guys. I finished up a book and took a short catnap on the couch while all the kids were outside. I'm debating a hot bath.

DD has our other daughter spending the night and they are watching Harry Potter movies I think. I'm about to head upstairs, i'm exhausted! Tomorrow I get to enjoy my day without worrying about having to head into work tomorrow night. Yay!

missjane likes this.