Last Monday of July 7-30-18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello!

2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Work today and probably library tonight.

Started raining early evening and was a slow steady rain. Chance thru Wed.. Temps are high 70' to mid 80s so they say this week.

I suppose I should pack a lunch and find the books to return.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

It's pouring with rain and I have to run to the store. I think I might have mentioned that we have a feral cat problem here on the base. Most of them hang out over by the waterfront but sometimes they wander into the housing area and I have one such wanderer who has taken up residence under my porch. The housing office won't do anything about it, neither will the Navy, and I wasn't too worried because I see it strolling all around the neighborhood and it seems pretty self-sufficient and healthy. Well, yesterday it was relaxing on my porch feeding a kitten! As soon as they saw me at the window, they dove under the porch again. I contacted a local organization that works to trap and rehome the feral cats and they said they could help me. They asked me to leave a little food and water each day, so that the mother doesn't move the kitten (or kittens if there are more than one although I only saw her feeding the one) elsewhere in search of food and they will bring a trap out so they can get both of them. They wanted to see pictures to make sure that if they trap the mother first, the kitten is old enough to survive on its own until they can trap it as well. So, I'm off to get a cat dish and some food.

Apart from that, it's laundry day and continuing on with the inventory of the kitchen-pantry side of the Christmas room.

4. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. yes its raining here too suppose to all week. my grandson and i will just find something to do inside. hope all has a good day

5. Doodlebug

Doodlebug Active Member

Good morning Grandma Camp has begun. They were all up and had a good hot breakfast, dressed and did their chores, then we have had 2 hours of study time, now they are having 30 minutes of free time. Which gives me free time also. Today we will have to take a break from camp as they enroll in school today. But then we will resume. So far it is going great.

It rained during the night. Nice rain but the night before we had quite a storm. It uprooted one of my trees!! Another mess to have to clean up.

Need to go fix some lunch for these kiddos. Wishing you all a wonderful day.

luludou likes this.
  6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DS is home! He said his new bed was comfortable. DD went on my walk with me this morning because friend bailed on me. She said she forgot to set her alarm and just woke up at 6:06. We go at 6:15. She could have put some clothes on, brushed her teeth and came. I would have waited a few extra minutes for her. Whatever, it's her workout she's missing. It's just funny because last night she called and asked if we could go later because her husband didn't have to go into work until 8 this morning. I couldn't go later because I have the chiropractor at 9.

I have a welcome conference call/webinar thing later this afternoon for WGU and then DS has an appointment. Other than that nothing else today. DH is in Dallas waiting for the last leg of his flight to KC. I'm jealous he already ate T.G.I. Fridays. I still need to finish school shopping for the big kids, maybe after I get back we could go.

Hi Lana, HW2!
    Pamela- We have a feral cat problem here too. A lot of people PCS from the island and just leave their pets outside instead of trying to find them homes or taking them to a shelter. It's sad. They actually told our friend during in-processing that the feral cats here can carry AIDS.
    Debbie- Glad camp is going well!

Enjoy your day!

7. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

HI, everyone.

Ugh! I don't like to think about it's being the last week of July...means school is just around the corner. This time next year, I won't have to think about that...unless I decide I want to continue teaching. It will be a big decision.

I've been deeply embedded in the closet going through clothes and checking to see what I need to go with what I already have. So far, new pair of navy and black pants and white panties to go under white pants. I've been trying to invest in some dressier looking tops, so I can wear them for both church and school. I still wear dresses most of the time for church, but most women at our church, especially the older ones, wear pants. I also like wearing dresses to work once or twice a week when it's warm. Once it turns cold, I wear pants. Otherwise, I freeze.

I called my principal and told him I'm interested in the counselor job. I was talking to the assistant superintendent about some books I need to teach a class and found out that they aren't advertising the position, which I thought they would. He told me I needed to call the principal and tell him I'm interested, so I did. They're just taking names of people who are interested...which probably means they already know who they want to put in that position, and it isn't me. Anyway, he said he would add my name to the list. If I do get it, this probably will not be my last year in the school system.

DS called and their puppy has parvo. She was boarded while we all were at the World Series tournament, and we're pretty sure she caught it at the vet's office while she was boarding because none of their other dogs they've had ever had it. 50/50 chance of survival.

DD21 just left to go back to college for her three days of practica. She'll be back home later in the week.

Lana, those sound like wonderful temperatures. We're still sitting near the lower to mid 90s here. We had a little rain shower last night during church.
    DoodlebugDeb, what all will you be doing for Grandma Camp? Sounds like fun!
    Jessica, glad DS make it home alright.
    Pamela, good luck with catching the cats. We live on a major highway and people bring cats and drop them off when they want to get rid of them. I feel sorry for the cats, but don't want anymore!
    HW2, I know you and DGS will find lots of fun things to keep you occupied.

I better run. I need to run the last load of laundry. Then, I'm off to the bakery to do cupcakes for the cases in the shop. DH and talked. I'm not working the week that teachers go back to school or the week school starts. I think I'm going to work for two weeks after that and be done. If I get the counselor's job, I'll have to tell her that I'm not coming back at all.

Hope you all have a great day.

8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good afternoon. It's another hot, hot, hot day here. The kids wanted bulls eyes for breakfast before going outside. They had to pick up dog poo before it got too hot. So I have been up and running since early this morning. Laundry today, I've cleaned the bathroom, and I've supervised the kid's chores - it isn't even lunchtime yet. My back is done, and I'm tired!

DH's oldest sister & her hubby are to stop in and visit for a short while - in just a few minutes. She's my favorite sil, so I'm quite excited. DH called to invite them to lunch, but they've been on the road since before dawn and have snacked all the way - they are not hungry. Darn!

Two weeks until school starts here, but who is counting? Have a great day everyone!

9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! woke up around 7:30, did some dishes, washed my bed and remade it, put some vacation pics on FB. Deweeded side of house & back. too hot to do the front. nice outside, so me and kitty-cat are outside... her sleeping and running after butterflies, me knitting. going back out but will read. dh is off to get ds' muffler fixed. ds & girlfriend are at a friend's house.
    Don't know if I mentionned but one of my aunts died last week. My cousin is an only child and he is emptying her appartment. His dad is in a facility for Alzheimers... they called cousin today... uncle got brochitus and is now is end-of-life care too. Rough times for my cousin. I spoke to him this afternoon.

Later

10. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Yes, there's a feline HIV problem here too. I hear about people overseas who PCS back to the States and abandon their pets, just despicable. These are not abandoned animals, they are wild. The volunteer group that is helping me has volunteers on base who monitor the waterfront area where the cats hang out for those that look sick or injured, and for new litters of kittens so they can get them early and rehome them. They do a lot of rehoming in agricultural areas with barns and stables, places that need good mousers.

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Raining here too. It has been a while since we had rain and a lot of the country is in drought. It will be good of this rain is reaching the farmers.
    Work for me today, boss will be in so my stress levels will go up at about midday lol. Will just keep head down and hopefully she will settle down quickly.
    Nothing on the agenda tonight when I get home. There is a TV show called the War on Waste which DH and I will watch. Probably a bath and early night.

Doodlebug, camp sounds great
    Pamela, I hope that they can catch the mumma cat
    MissJane, always so busy
    Lucie, thoughts for your cousin.

Talk soon,
    XOXO

12. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Evening ladies. Stopping by before bed. DH went to 1 week of training at the other job (while taking vacay from his current job) but decided to not continue just way to many questions and not enough answers. Thankfully he has his job to come back to.

Hard to believe July is almost over it's been fun watching Hallmark Christmas movies for something different gets me excited for the holidays.

Have a great night all.