Last Sunday 2018, December 30th!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, Dec 30, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

How I have missed you All!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  2. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. got up fixed breakfast cleaned up a few things. getting my grandson later going to winterfest at kings dominion this evening. have a great sunday last one for 2018

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

I don't know if I posted at all last week! :(

I hope you had a Merry Christmas! I have to go back and read the post from the week.

Christmas Eve day started out bad at about 5:30 a.m. when Allen called saying he couldn't find a sack of gifts taken to Aunt Imogenes to wrap. A lantern, Frozen bracelet that plays the song and has 12 or so projected pictures, JoJo Siwa bows, tooth brushes, necklace, earrings, and JoJo clothes, twisty petz. Anyhoo thought they went to the trash but yesterday I moved a sack in my car and it was the sack. So Christmas Eve we were bummed. She had several gifts (I tend to go over board--no way) but I knew she would love the stuff in this sack. Christmas Eve was nice with family and Christmas Day fine. Ended up giving her all the LOL items had for her bday so now will give her some of this for bday and just give the other maybe today or New Years day.

To start getting colder this week.

My sister will have ham and beans and chicken and noodles New Years day.

We got the shrimp, steaks, lobster tails and crab legs last night to fix New Years Eve. Will be us 5 and invited mom and Greg. Not sure if Jaymee or Greg will be here or mom.

Nephew and family got in Wed. but haven't seen them yet. From Texas. Allen took the rest of the homemade candies down to ex BILs last night and saw them and they said they would eat it all. MOVE it out of here!

Tree came down last night so have to go sweep up and move stuff around. Looks so bare but only had the tree, a pillow and then a couple throws around so no trouble taking stuff down.

Hope you are all fine. Hated to see where Annies dad passed. Have a GREAT day everybody!

4. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! Having a few snow flurries here with temps in the 30's.

Just had some hot chocolate and will now start taking down the cards and stockings and other decor. Still figuring out in my mind what did or did not work and what to do next year especially since Hanukkah starts on Dec 23 and will coincide with Christmas.

I stayed up late and organized some of my scrapbooking things and figured out what yarn I will need for certain projects. I will have to do serious packing because, unless I can conjure a snowstorm, we will be heading south on Thursay.

Lana - I'm sure Teigan loved every gift she got and didn't miss anything that was lost.
    Faye - enjoy winterfest
    Diedra - I'm impressed that DD could write a whole letter on the kindle - wish I could tell you how to print it.

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I am getting used to sleeping a bit later which will not be good once school starts again on the 9th. I'm not sure what we will get into today, but I feel like we should venture out and do something. I had mentioned last week that I would like to go see the Byodo-In Temple and mark it off my Hawaii Bucket List. The only thing I worry about with that is you are required to take off your shoes to enter the actual Temple and DD is still in the boot that she's not supposed to take off. That could be problematic. So we maybe should skip that for now and do it after she gets the boot off. DH wants to go see a million different movies at the theater, none of which I really want to see except for maybe Escape Room. I'm sure there are other touristy things we could drive around and see that we haven't yet that are free, but I don't want to be in the car all day either and I don't want to spend a lot of money.

I would like to get all the random gift items off the table and island and make a grocery list. We need to decide on what we're eating on New Year's and pick up whatever is needed for that and New Year's Day. I usually make a small pot of ham and beans and cornbread for me (maybe DH). We will do snack type foods and fingerfoods for NYE.

Hi Lana, miss you too! I saw that about Annie's dad as well. Need to pick up a card this week.
    Faye- Have fun at Winterfest!
    Debbie- Hot chocolate sounds delicious, better than my coffee right now. Good luck with your packing!
    Diedra- Could you email the letter from the Kindle to yourself and then print from the laptop?

Enjoy your day!

6. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning!

DD invited one of dgd's gymnastics teammates to sleep over yesterday - she's a real sweetie. She might stay tonight too. Dgs acted goofy all night - I think he's smitten. I'm waiting for everyone to wake up, and then either DD or I will fix breakfast. Sausages are thawing and pancakes are ready to mix and cook.

I anticipate a nice, quiet, relaxing day with a good book and some catching up on my journal. Dd and I will take dgd to gymnastics later this afternoon. I told dsil he will have to fix dinner since I will be gone. (I usually cook on Sundays.) He didn't look thrilled, but he will throw a pizza in the oven.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

7. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

Sounds like everyone has had busy mornings already.

I am late getting on. I had to wash my new dishes and wash the old ones to give to my mother in law. She collects dishes and has the room to store them. My hands were all "pruney" when I was done. These new dishes are NOT dishwasher safe.

I will wash the new silver later in the week. I still need to box up the Christmas stuff. Hubby boxed up the tree and put it back in the closet already. He was so sweet to do that for me.

I stayed up late and hung my new clock last night. It really makes my living room pop. Gotta love a $6 clock.

I worked on my new Facebook group. Check it out.... this one is for cooking and food. We will discuss food holidays (and recipes), cookbooks, shopping tips and tricks, parties and potlucks. I am excited to start the conversations. The old group is still going. I am learning lots doing the research and setting everything up. I am getting a little bit less computer illiterate.

I am anxious to get my house back into order. Guess I better log off and get back to cleaning. ;) :oops:

8. MrsSoup

Looks like we are heading to see the new Wreck It Ralph movie. DH made waffles for breakfast and I got my planner up-to-date for the year with all the important dates and upcoming appointments. I wrote everything in pencil in case of changes. I also put in reminders for January of when to send cards, etc. I am hoping to remember to do that every month so that I can actually send cards to family this year for birthdays. I never do and always feel bad. Last year I put a reminder in my phone calendar for this year of when to schedule my eye exam so i'm hoping to continue with things like that as well to keep up on yearly medical items now that i'm getting older and have things that will come up that need to be scheduled yearly.

I think we may take the big tree down and the ledge tree down today or tomorrow, but the white tree will stay up until I feel like it needs to come down. The other two I need DH for, but not the white one. Being that he is off through Tuesday, it seems like they should come down while he's home to do it. I may also do the small things and then just leave the white tree until Wednesday or Thursday, or I may go ahead and take it down on Tuesday. I think i'm going to leave the lights on the TV stand though, I like the glow they give off in the evening. :)

Deb- Definitely sounds like a nice relaxing day!
    Carrie- Will join your group when we get back!! I look forward to it!

9. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Afternoon all MHHers

Well the afternoon is almost over. I just looked at the clock. I thought it was a lot earlier. lol

DD is still working on her letter. I haven't figured out how to print it but only because I haven't sat down to do it. I think I have to save it as a different type of file and then download a printer app. Should not take to long once I put my mind to it. Seems I've downloaded the app before. Wonder what happened to it.

I have started putting away some of the Christmas decorations. I have the banister all taken down and put into a tote. Need to label it next. I do not have Word on this computer upstairs. Another thing to take time to do one day.

I vacuumed for awhile, several times since glitter is all over the house from the banister decorations. I think by the end of the week most of it will be under control.

I just realized I have a dinner tomorrow to prepare. It really wasn't on my calendar but DS kind of invited himself and DGS. Always glad to see them. Stepmom is coming too. It's a late dinner for us. 6pm. We usually do it at 2pm but DS picks DGS up at 5pm.

I've been working on putting some information together for DD's friend. Our town is changing who picks up our recycle items so there are new rules to follow. I'm making a file with information and a calendar for her. I also emailed the company to see if they have a toll free phone number she can call if she has problems or questions. She does not have internet access and most everything is online now. Since our area is new to this company there isn't any listing for our town or county.

Dh went shopping for last minute items today. He was gone for over 2 hours. Glad I didn't go with. lol I hate to shop.

I have reports to do this coming week for DD. One is easy and the other is more detailed. Will involve putting info into in Quicken. I hate it but it sure beats doing it the old fashioned pen and paper way.

Happy New Year's Eve and New Year to everyone!

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning to you all.
    NYE here and another warm one. I am nearly finished putting everything away here, kitchen and laundry will be done today. The tree will have to stay up until at least Friday as I am just running out of time to do it all.
    I am gradually ticking everything off my to do list for these holidays. Yesterday I ordered Christmas decorations for the family for next year. They are personilised with our names on them. Wanted to get them ordered so that they will arrive in the next week or so.

Tonight we will go to my mum's house, order Chinese food and just sit and enjoy the evening. There will be 2 lots of fireworks in our town 9pm and midnight. I am not sure if we will make it to midnight, we haven't for the past few years.
    Not sure what the kids will be doing, I think DD will be having friends over at her house, DS may or may not come with us.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  11. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello again!

DH misplaced Buffy's collar so we went to get her a new one. Tomorrow we will have to replace her license and rabies tag.

Otherwise, I took down most of our modest decorations and did two loads of laundry. I'm printing out some pictures for future scrapbooking. Should gt that finished tonight.

Glad everyone else is doing is making progress with putting away their decorations.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  12. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Evening all!

Woke up to a coating of snow here on the mountain. We went down into the city for mass and it was dry. Still cold. I didn't sleep too well last night, so I took a nap when we got home. After lunch, we put away laundry and J hung my shelves in the den....8 years later...lol....while M and I watched Dumplin' on Netflix. It was a good movie with a great message. After dinner, while watching the Steelers, I worked on the new calendars and my planner.

I'm still fully decorated. We will take things down next weekend. We usually keep the decorations up until Epiphany.

So sad to lean about Annie's dad passing.

I'm finally feeling a bit better. Jess, it was influenza. I also had a sinus infection. The antibiotic took care of that.

Hi Lana!
    Happy New Year's Eve Katrina!
    Waving hello to you all!

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  13. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Dishes done. Finally made turkey pot pie. I think I like it better than the turkey itself. I cut the turkey up into pieces, added 3 jars of turkey gravy and 2 cans mixed veggies. Used the juice from one can and a dab from other. Salt, pepper, ole bay garlic and herb seasoning and sage. I heat that up in a pan and then pour into a 9x13 and put biscuits on top and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes. I add some cajun too.

It is 7:15 so will go shower and might just turn in.

Sounds like Teigan is out.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

Lana, the turkey pot pie sounds delicious.
    Lisa, glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better.
    Debbie, a pain about Buffy's collar, is she also microchipped?

Still working here, hoping to get it all done bar the tree this afternoon.

15. MrsSoup

Evening!

The movie was good, I enjoyed it. We came home and started working a bit. The table and island are mostly cleaned off and i'll work on the built-in desk another day. I organized another cabinet and pulled out some baking pans that I don't use often that can be stored elsewhere. I got on Amazon and did what was necessary to return two of DH's gifts and printed the labels for those. One I will have to pay some return shipping on, about half. Crazy! But no use the item sitting around here collecting dust. DH did the dishes and wiped down cabinets and cleaned the microwave and then headed upstairs. He vacuumed our bedroom (I think) and the hallway and stairs. I ran Alice and she got completely discombobulated today for some reason when she was finished and lost her way to base. She went the wrong way and got stuck under a table that she normally wouldn't get stuck under but she kept trying to go the wrong way. I eventually had to pick her up and put her back down in a clear path. Then she couldn't find her way again and I had to move her even though her path was clear. She finally just gave up and I had to carry her to base. Weird. I hope that doesn't happen often.

I started taking some decorations down and have them accumulating at the end of the table. I really don't put up much in the house, just small stuff so there's not a lot. The trees are what are the most time consuming. I have a load of whites in the dryer and DH brought down a small load of his stuff I think. Eli is outside beyblading with the neighbor boys. I was working on a grocery list and I think I have a meal plan figured out. We'll just do snack and finger foods tomorrow night. I really don't want to go to the store so i'm hoping DH and DD will run in a bit. hehe I'm being lazy. And I go all the time so it won't hurt for someone else to do it once in a while. Plus, he'll want junk and I always stick to my list. I think i'm going to read now.

Diedra- Nice of you to put that information together for her.
    Katrina- Good idea on ordering those for next year, you can pack them away with this years.
    Lisa- Glad you were able to catch a nap! I have heard about the book but not the movie, will have to check it out. Glad you are feeling better.
    Lana- Turkey pot pie sounds good and easy to make.

teachermomof2 likes this.
  16. sweetpumkinpye

Jess, Another busy day for you. Poor old Alice, I hope she does not get lost too often.
    House is finally finished. It is amazing what you can stuff into a cupboard lol.
    It is away for now and in a few weeks when it cools down I will reorganise it all a bit better.
    DH has gone for a walk to the shops to get bread and milk and some salami for my lunch.
    After lunch I am thinking a nap may be in order.

17. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Dh and I just watched Dumplin'. It's a good movie - we really enjoyed it.

18. cmerth

cmerth Well-Known Member

We loved that movie too.

19. sweetpumkinpye

Have not seen Dumplin', will have to find it and sit and watch it.

20. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

It's a new Netflix movie, came out in December this year.