Last week of January 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
*make work lunches for Monday (holiday) Tuesday (X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*shave legs, (X) wash hair (X)
*de-decorate Australia Day (X)
*decorate for Valentine's Day ( ) next week
*write grocery list (X)
*tidy fridge(X) freezer(X) pantry (X)
*pack for DrillDance training for Wednesday(X)
*DrillDance training (X)
*grocery shopping Thursday (X)
*be aware of water intake (X)
*keep on top of daily routine (X)
*start/continue/finish one craft project (working on it )
*finish one book ( working on it )
*update planner/gift closet (X)
*pack for DrillDance competition (X)
*DrillDance competition Sunday (X)
*deep clean gift closet (X)
*wrap birthday presents DD (X) and BF (X)
*adding coffee with a friend Friday (X)
*deep clean/de clutter vanity (X)

What are your plans for this last week in January?

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
This weeks goals:

Household

• Plan Menu Done
  • Shop for Groceries Done
  • Clean Bathrooms Done
  • Vacuum/Sweep/Dust Mop/Dust 1st and 2nd floor
  • 15 mins. of daily decluttering in basement In Progress
  • Cleaning Grand Plan - Dining Room: Sort through drawers, dust chandelier Done
  • FlyLady - Family Room Mission: Declutter entertainment area Done
  • Write out Bills Done
  • Lesson Plan Done
  • Added 1/30/2019 - Wiped down walls, cabinets and vents of Master Bath. Done
Personal
  • Write Biography In Progress
  • Exercise (5 days) 3 days
  • Vitamins (5 days) 2 days
  • Drink plenty of water daily.
  • Reading

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, at the end of the week we have February. I am amazed at how much I have achieved just by writing it down!.

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I have been tracking my list in my planner to ensure that i'm using it. LOL I will give it a go here this week as well. I will most likely add to as I think of things or do things.

To-Do's
[X] Meal Plan
[X] Grocery Shop
[X] Wash Bedding
[ ] Finish Unit 2 of schoolwork
[X] Continue studying for Praxis
[X] EFMP paperwork to school to fill out for Eli to disenroll him from program
[ ] Sew pocket on apron
[ ] Declutter projects [X] Tech Center [ ] Front room cabinet [ ] Table [ ] Isand
[X] Sign Eli up for baseball

Calendar Items/Appointments
[X] [X] PTx 2
[X] Facial
[X] Mentor Call
[X] Addison Awards Ceremony
[Cancelled] Commissary Focus Group

[X] [X] [ ] Workout

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Mary, at the end of the week we have February. I am amazed at how much I have achieved just by writing it down!.

Reading this is fantastic! :D By writing out a list, have you felt some of the same momentum from doing the HGP? That's how I'm feeling but without the payoff of celebrating Christmas.

I think I'll divide the year up into trimester goals. January through April will be about prepping the house for an "imaginary" move by decluttering and cleaning. May through August will be about working on the Holiday Spruce Up list from last September, prepping for the House and Holidays Plan (HHP )and cleaning the house. September through December will all about prepping for Christmas and keeping a clean house. I would be following the HHP .

Most of the things on that Holiday Spruce Up list were time consuming house projects that I couldn't fit in. It really is more like house maintenance. It just gets forgotten with sports, music and family time. Here's more on the Holiday Spruce Up list: http://christmas.organizedhome.com/decorate/holiday-home-spruce-up

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I have been tracking my list in my planner to ensure that i'm using it. LOL I will give it a go here this week as well. I will most likely add to as I think of things or do things.

I like to keep things in my planner too. :) I typically have the Post Christmas Blues but I didn't this year. I think it's because I'm posting here for accountability.

Reactions: MrsSoup

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, I love the idea of breaking down into trimesters. You could also break down into seasons which are 3 months each. Such a simple Idea but I have never thought of it like that.

My January-February (this year) Look at and purge each room of the house. Get it exactly how I want it to be. What needs to go, get it out of the house.
March, April and May is Autumn here. Winter prep. Wash all bedding and get ready for the cold months of Winter. Prep crafts and projects that need to be done over the next few months while we hibernate, continue to purge each area if not done yet.
June, July and August, Cold here, time to do all those big jobs that are too hard to do when it is hot. Look at moving the big furniture for cleaning under/behind. Home maintenance. Cozy days.
September, October, November, Spring! Start the spring cleaning and keeping things in check. Should be easier as I am only looking after the stuff that needs to be in my house. Lead up to Christmas should be easier to maintain as everything will have a place.

December, January, February, it begins again.
Ohhh I love having it set out like this, thanks Mary.

Reactions: luludou

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
I like the idea of either breaking down the year into 3 or 4 month sections.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
That's a good idea. For me the first few months of the year (very cold) are decluttering and seeing what needs to be done around the house as well as crafting. Starting in march until may is spring cleaning the main floor. Summer is too hot for much but I do start writing down and prepping what needs to be done for Halloween and Christmas. Fall is cleaning in the basement and prepping for Christmas.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I'm glad that breaking things down might be helpful. When I write things out, I start to see patterns. That's what I was noticing this past month with keeping this list. Plus with decluttering in the basement, I had lots of time to think.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, now that I am thinking about it there are real patterns to what I do too, I just never thought about it in that way. My most productive times are Autumn March,April and May and then again in the Australian Spring, Sept, October and November. The rest of the time is maintenance and prep. Going to focus on getting more done in those peak times.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Much, much cooler this morning and so I got into my bathroom and really cleaned out the vanity. I got rid of a whole heap of stuff that I did not like/use/need. I now have just the things that I rely like in there. I organised it so that I could see exactly what I have underneath. This is where I store extra hand soap, shampoo, body wash etc. Will make it easier when I do a grocery list as I can just glance in there and see what I need.
Still have quite a bit of stuff but have written a note in my planner to use it up before buying new.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I looked at this month of what I wanted to do and what got accomplished. I've been real happy overall. The area that I am lacking on is the personal stuff. I've been setting aside time each week for the biography writing. That's been going better than I thought. However, the exercise, vitamins and reading have not been good as I would like.

This month, I spent more time on housework because a few days my other job was cancelled, thus freeing up time to do extra cleaning. I didn't get to all the personal stuff like I wanted to because my children were home due to snow delays/closings. I spent my time with them instead. We still have another 8 weeks of winter and I can't keep doing this to myself.

I think I'm going to have to assign days to the personal stuff and even what time of day to do those things. I walk a mile round trip to the bus stop 5 days a week but the weather has been -1 F with wind chills so I've been driving instead. I try to get 5 minutes on the elliptical before driving down but often that's just so hard. I've got to figure out alternate time to schedule either a walk or the elliptical in on the calendar. Maybe when I making dinner, I could have a book in the kitchen to read while I'm waiting for water to boil or dinner to bake. I feel like there are pockets of time that I could be using better if I thought about it. I need to write it down on the calendar to at least remember to do it. Maybe I should set up reminders on my phone too.

Reactions: luludou

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Much, much cooler this morning and so I got into my bathroom and really cleaned out the vanity. I got rid of a whole heap of stuff that I did not like/use/need. I now have just the things that I rely like in there. I organised it so that I could see exactly what I have underneath. This is where I store extra hand soap, shampoo, body wash etc. Will make it easier when I do a grocery list as I can just glance in there and see what I need.
Still have quite a bit of stuff but have written a note in my planner to use it up before buying new.

You are doing great, Katrina.

Ahorsesoul

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
In front of my computer
LC22 said she has two trash bags of clothes to donate plus on trash bag of T-shirts she has from all the sports she has been in during school. She said she had some from middle school in it. She dropped this off to her grandmother who will make a quilt for her. So not only is my house getting Tidied Up but the LCs are getting into it too.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Thank you all for coming on this journey with me through January. Thinking of all the stuff we have managed to get through makes me very pleased. Simple stuff but we are getting there. Well done to you all.