List for NEXT year's Christmas crafts

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

campncook

Retire Member
Oct 13, 2007
south Texas
I am bogged down with THIS year's Chrsitmas crafts, but I have been working on ideas for NEXT year! Guess I am just trying to drive my self to the North Pole "funny farm"! :slap:

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
I have lots of ideas of things to get for friends that I plan for BD presents during the year. I couldn't decide on anything for Christmas this year until October! I work on some Christmas crafts all year long, but not really for gifts. More for decorations, I guess. Will keep my eyes open and try to make decisions earlier in 2008!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm not really a crafty person, but I always want to be. LOL I'm the type who needs someone to show me or give me detailed instructions on what to do, i'm not very creative by myself. Anyway, I have several projects I would like to complete next year such as:

* Fabric countdowns with pockets for Halloween and Christmas
* Cookie sheet countdowns for Halloween and Christmas
* Holiday themed quilts

I need ideas though. My husband is going to be gone for a year in Korea, and while I am a full time college student and have two little ones at home, i'm going to be dying for things to keep me busy and make the time pass faster.

Gingerbug

Administrator
MHH Admin
Oct 9, 2007
Missouri, USA
You guys are going to enjoy the Magical Creative Spirit blog...its just about ready to open. We can feature craft ideas and instructions there as well as some photos.

Also one of the things I'm planning for 2008 is to host a Christmas in July Craft Make and Take with a few of my friends. I'll post ideas and plans for hosting this type of an event a bit later.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Gingerbug ~ You are really on the ball! Keep up the good work!

Okay Gingerbug you are killing me....lol I am already planning Christmas in July also.

I am so excited it falls on a friday night next year. Hopefully I will host another Cousin's Dinner Party and we will pick Secret Santa's again. I guess it all depends on how the Secret Santa exchange goes this year. Since some of the cousins are traveling for the holidays we will be exchanging Secret Santa gifts on New Year's Eve!!! So I have to wait that one week longer to see how everyone liked the Secret Santa exchange system. I really hope they love it!!! I already had one cousin who told me she forgot who she has...aggghhh and her birthday is the day after Christmas so you would think she would remember the one person she has to buy for at that time of year. Oh well I guess we'll find out in a month!!!

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Gingerbug~ I can't wait for that to open up!! Sounds wonderful.

jyclassy

Retire Member
Oct 14, 2007
I think I've read about the Creative Spirit blog opening but cannot remember WHEN it will open. I think this will be great fun also. jy :sleigh:

Twinkle

Retire Member
Oct 25, 2007
Since I am not crafty the no sew blankets I am doing this year is about it. Next year I would like to do some cards and since we are going to be giving out name shirts might try doing the altered picture holders or whatever they are called. But I need to get finished up this year!!!

Looking foward to the blog might give me some low crafting skills needed ideas-

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
I'm also planning on working on and finishing 4 stocking kits before next Christmas. We all need new stockings.

DahliaDoll

Premiere Member
Oct 15, 2007
Twinkle said:
Since I am not crafty the no sew blankets I am doing this year is about it. Next year I would like to do some cards and since we are going to be giving out name shirts might try doing the altered picture holders or whatever they are called. But I need to get finished up this year!!!

We all started somewhere, Twinkle! Careful, though, it's addictive!

MrsSoup said:
I'm also planning on working on and finishing 4 stocking kits before next Christmas. We all need new stockings.
What kind of kits? I have several felt-type kits I'd like to do at some point . . .

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
DahliaDoll said:
Twinkle said:

We all started somewhere, Twinkle! Careful, though, it's addictive!

MrsSoup said:
What kind of kits? I have several felt-type kits I'd like to do at some point . . .

They are just kits I got at Walmart I believe. The pieces are all pre-drawn and you cut them out, sew them on by hand and embellish according to the directions. It takes a while to do them with the kids around and I haven't even completed the first one I started. lol Some of the stitches I don't know how to do so I improvise.

KimD

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
CNY
I have already been searching for ideas for next year. My niece has already put her request in for next year. She wants new pillow cases and a new blanket. Since she already knows shes not getting a blanket this year. First I need to get a baby blanket done for my sons teacher before she leaves to have her second little girl Jan 18th.

ygrandma1

Retire Member
Dec 30, 2007
Mrs soup,
What are these, they sound interesting?
* Fabric countdowns with pockets for Halloween and Christmas
* Cookie sheet countdowns for Halloween and Christmas
Thank-you.
Noel

Holiday Joy

MHH Member
Nov 4, 2007
MrsSoup, our Christmas stockings are embellished felt ones made from kits -- they sound similar to yours. I've made 7 over the years, and love the sparkle the sequins and beads add! I found a site (I think the link was posted on one of the boards here at MHH) that sold similar socks already made for $90 and up! :thud: Keep working on yours -- they look so cute when they're finished.