Mainly Just a Monday, July 2, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by missjane, Jul 2, 2018.

1. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Good morning, everyone in MHH Land!

2. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

DH is going to the Crowville House today to haul a stack of tires to the tire recycling plant in Winnsboro. I had planned to go, but have too much I want to get done here...just general cleaning and getting things tidied up. Tomorrow, I want to go clunk around in Monroe...mall, Hobby Lobby, Michael's, Ulta, etc. Wednesday, we're all getting together at DS's house to celebrate the 4th and I need to pick up some things from Sam's for that. DD21's housemate from India may join us Wednesday, so I need to give the guest room a small going over today to make sure it's ready. I need to sweep and mop every room...all reasons I'm staying here today instead of going with DH.

I better get this day started. Hope you have a great day, everyone!

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning,

Laundry is in, CIJ Day Two post is up, no errands to run today (thank goodness as it's going to be 94 outside), loved Cathymac2's comment about watching Hallmark movies all day and then thinking (hoping?) it would be snowing outside instead of hot, hot, hot! That really made me chuckle. I think a Christmas movie with my morning coffee is on the agenda.

Cathymac2 likes this.
  4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Jane, sorry you can't go with DH but 2 things will get done at once. I totally need to straighten up here.

I work 2 days off 1 work 2 off 2 . Not a bad week.

We got a storm last night about 9-10 and I just went to feed the fish and we got an inch of rain. Nice out now but will warm up.

I better get ready---laid in bed alittle longer.

Have a GREAT day all!

5. piratemamaof3boys

piratemamaof3boys Well-Known Member

Stopping for a quick hello. I didnt take any time off at work this week. I don't have that much and already used 1 week for my birthday trip in April. Thankfully we are off on Wed.
    Still didnt get the boys bedrooms swapped this week maybe I'll start Wed and we can finish this weekend.

I need to go be productive at work. Have a great day.

6. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. We will be hot hot hot today. I took out the trash at 7:30 and it was already 90 deg.

Dsil took the day off work, as did dd. She will go in at 11:30 to have 4 teeth pulled (not wisdom teeth, those are long gone) and hopefully posts put in for implants. She has a couple broken crowns and an abscessed root canal. She looks like a chipmunk and has been in horrible pain, poor thing.

Laundry day for me with some crocheting squeezed in. I think we can sneak in a Christmas movie while dd and dsil (aka "The Grinch") are at the dentist. Have a great day everyone.

7. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

I got all my schoolwork done yesterday evening and will take my final this morning so need to get some notes prepared and the table cleaned off beforehand. I have my chiropractor appointment at noon and then physical therapy at 2:30 at the Center for Aging. :rolleyes: DH was already teasing me. That's one problem with doing things through the V.A., everything is geared for the "older" Veterans and not really for the younger ones, so I hope it's not awkward. I don't mind doing physical therapy with the older generation, I love hearing their stories, but sometimes I get really strange looks. hehe Especially here where there are a lot of retirees. It's all good though.

I need to call my friend so we can work out what we're going to eat on the 4th and decide whose bringing what so I can make a trip to the Commissary for food. We'll need snacks and drinks because we'll be out there all day and into the night.

Speaking of The Grinch, there's a new movie coming out that looks really cute.

Enjoy your day!

PamelaG likes this.
  8. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! It is hot, hot, hot - hovering around 90* for the next few days. Was 96* yesterday.

Got home yesterday from 2 weeks in Salem OR at our annual Airstream International. Since DH is a club officer we were running around to so many meetings and breakfasts, lunches and dinners that we didn't have time for any sightseeing. I did get to visit the local yarn star and picked up some yarn and a new pattern. DH want to the Carhart store and got some jeans and T-shirts. The weather varied between very hot and pleasant in the 70's and internet was practically impossible. Missed Buffy but she is now back home too and just lazing around.

Glad to be back with my MHH friends! And just in time for Christmas in July! I've caught up on things and am sending hugs to all.

If I was really brave I would start the laundry. Also need to pay bills. I've update a lot of my caravan stuff but need to do more. Might check on Pinterest and then get going!

9. Pam Spaur

Pam Spaur Well-Known Member

Afternoon, Santa's little elves!

I overslept this a.m., and was. Half hour late for Bible study. We are in the book of Revelation. Today, it was mainly about the beast of the earth Next week will be the beast of the sea and the mark of the beast: 666. I don't want to be here when all that happens. And it WILL happen!!!

Well, last night and this afternoon I have made two burp cloths for Lindsay. I have so many things I want to make for the baby. I really need to get busy! AND I need to get started on Christmas stuff, too.

I had 2 muffins for lunch with milk. And I am still hungry! I will drink some lemonade to fill me up.

10. MrsSoup

I got an 86% on my final! Glad it's done. Now I just have to wait for my presentation to be graded and I can request my transcripts. I also need to cancel my membership so they don't charge me anymore. I went to the chiropractor and got adjusted again. Now i'm getting ready to head out to my first physical therapy appointment. DD is huffy because I won't let her go down to her friends house and leave Eli home alone. She's really testing my nerves. I guess she has forgotten that her birthday is this weekend and we don't have to let her have a party or anything. :rolleyes:

luludou and Ahorsesoul like this.
  11. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Was 97 today. After work Teigan and I went to the library. I got 3 books, a Christmas one, Beverly Lewis one and another love story one. Teigan got 3 and we have read all and one twice.

Allen is sitting the pool up. Putting the pipes in it. So it should be filled we I get home tom. night but will have to warm. Maybe with this HOT weather it won't take long.

Night!

12. MrsSoup

PT went fine, turns out it is for my lower back and not my knee. I was a bit surprised by that. She examined me thoroughly and then showed me some stretches to do. I was also given a TENS unit and shown how to use it on my back. I'm to go once a week for 6 weeks and at some point we'll start doing core exercises, but we'll stick with the stretching for now I think.

DH and I went on a motorcycle ride to watch the sunset but the sun went behind the clouds about 5 minutes before sunset time, go figure. It was beautiful until then though and we saw turtles in the water. Tomorrow we're going on Brigade Check Ride so will be gone all morning. Then my friend and I will check out the last day of the farmers market at the Commissary and then head to Sam's Club to purchase stuff for the 4th.

Goodnight!