Manic Monday 5.7.18

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by teachermomof2, May 7, 2018.

1. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning friends!

2. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

It's a wet, foggy start to Monday. Heading to school, and then home for a bit before heading back to dance for the evening. It's a busy week ahead with dance, M's spring concert, M's birthday, and a sleepover party. Plus the usual stuff. We haven't been this busy in quite a bit....hoping it exhausts me enough that I can sleep through the night. :p

Pamela....the end of Call the Midwife teared me up a bit!
    Jane....glad you got your bearings. We are not permitted to leave during prep time, as it is our paid time. We can only leave during our 30 minute lunch period.
    Pam....hope you are feeling better this morning after your visit with your ds.
    Waving hello to you all!

~peace and blessings~

3. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

Good morning!

Yes, Lisa, it was tough to watch that video presentation at Sister Monica Joan's birthday party. Roll on 2019 and the next season.

It's a quiet day on the calendar today. Laundry but it's just mine so two quick loads. Today is the start of the Week in the Life project over at aliedwards.com. I bought all the supplies but I'm just not feeling it. I'll snap some photos here and there and make some quick journal notes during the day and maybe I'll feel more like putting it together next week. I'm almost finished with the charities turnover binder so I'll be ready to hand it over to the new Chair.

Vic Vibered (like an international FaceTime if you haven't heard of it) and he has a free day today so they will go out in town to explore and no doubt eat sushi and noodles. I told him to look for something local that I can use as a Christmas ornament.

I'm off to inventory a couple of totes because I forgot yesterday!

4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning!
    Yesterday was super busy with outside chores, not much wind and a tiny bit of sun. So everything is started but nothing is finished haha :)
    Washed outside basement windows, kitchen & patio door outside window - dh put up the screen door - Haven't done front outside windows as neighbor is supposed to start digging his front yard today with machinery and the streets have not been dusted yet.
    Cleaned up flower beds in front, one side and back (still need to do another side). Did another section of washing the patio guard rails (still have more to do). Chatted with neighbors. Went for supper with sil, bil, mil and dh's cousin & his wife. He's the one that had part of a lung cut out because of cancer. he will know more about treatments when he meets his doctor on the 14th.
    Today I have a mile-long to-do list. I have vaccumed all 1st floor (kitty cat is shedding!), have posted on my blog and now doing laundry.
    See you all later

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH and I went for a ride last night after him and DD got back. We were hoping to catch the sunset at a beach. We needed dinner as well, so stopped at a BBQ food truck. The guy is from Texas and we both enjoyed our food. DH had a pulled pork sandwich and I had a brisket sandwich that was excellent! We missed the sunset, but it was very cloudy anyway, they rolled in just in time to cover it up. Sometime during the night DH got up not feeling well and then I was up around 3:30 feeling like I was on fire and my stomach was hurting. I went into the bathroom and noticed the trash can was gone and only the bag remained, thankfully because I thought I might need it while I was on the toilet. That's how I knew DH must not have been feeling well either. I asked him this morning and he said he wasn't feeling good. We had Five Guys for lunch and then the food truck for dinner. We had separate meals but DH did try my potato salad and a bite of my brisket, so not sure which one it was, guessing the potato salad would be the most likely culprit. I brought the rest of my meal home and would really like to eat the rest of my brisket for lunch today. haha

DD ended up having two MRI's so sat in the machine for about an hour. They did her foot and her ankle. I was wondering why it said she had 2 appointments. We'll hopefully have the results on Tuesday. This morning I have a call with my enrollment counselor and I still haven't completed my class or scheduled my final. I'm going to schedule my final today so I don't have a choice. I have to force myself I guess. I'll take my 4th graded test today and get that done and then start preparing for my final. I'm going to the Commissary after my call to meet with the lady that may hire me as a Vendor Stocker to find out everything and see what steps need to be taken.

Lisa- Definitely a busy week ahead for you!
    Pamela- I hope you and Vic both enjoy your free days!
    Lucie- Getting lots done! You can come to my house next. :)

Enjoy your day!

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hi all! It's Sunny and 60's - that is actually Spring weather and I'm enjoying it!

Since DH and I didn't go into the city DS came out to pick up the suitcase he and DDIL are borrowing for their European trip - and he brought me some of my favorite rye bread - now I am overstocked with bread - can that be true? We grilled the London Broil and caught up on The Crossing. Then I went to bed and slept until 10:30 this morning missing my periodontist app't!

Anyhow - feeling much better this morning - just a slight headache. Will spend the rest of the day working on straightening up the house. I have lunch with my friend Inge tomorrow and we're going camping this weekend, leaving on Thursday.

Jane - sad that work is becoming so restrictive
    Pamela - I wish I could organize myself to do as much creative work as you do
    Jess - Think how happy you'll be when all the tests are done!
    Pam - hope you had a relaxing weekend
    Lisa - what are you planning for Miss M's birthday party?
    Lucie - I'm sure that you'll finish everything that you've started

Hi to all!

7. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. It's to be 100 degrees every day this week - guess summer is here. Today is laundry day for me. I have cleaned out the gp cage, swept floors, emptied the dishwasher, and now it's time to fill it again. First I need to change laundry and figure out something for lunch.

Have a great day!

Last edited: May 7, 2018
  8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all. just took my grandson home from the weeknd. put a load of clothes in . its only 72 today so i have the windows open a little breeze coming in. went to wawa and got gas and a ice tea. have a good evening

9. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

well..... did not do all. The painting was not working out and I spent more than 2 hours on it ugggg!

All screen windows are in place on main floor, inside windows are all washed main floor, finished cleaning up the last flowerbed, laundry is finished, my bed is made up and sheppard's pie is started (need to mash the potatoes.

will go sit outside for a few.

10. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Goodness you have all been busy today.
    It is cooler again this morning I think it is time for DH to turn on the heating. I am not sure how to do it so I will have to watch him.
    Work today, plowing through lists and getting a bit done. Worked on a patient survey form yesterday and handed it to the physio who is meant to be doing the survey and she wants some adjustments made, I hate it when I do their work and they are not appreciative. Oh well, she can finish it off.
    Plenty of other things to keep me busy. I am not sure if boss as decided on the new CW yet. I hope she does soon so we can move forward.

Must get going,
    Have a wonderful evening all.

11. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I have a job! I met with the lady this morning and she went over everything and gave me the contract and showed me the warehouse. She was meeting with two other ladies today as well. She gave me a list of my items that I will be stocking, all dry items, the other two ladies will have freezer items. LOL I am so thankful I won't! She wants us to come back Wednesday night to meet the merchandisers and get a run down on how everything works. I'll take the contract back then. I imagine i'll start around the 15th because I think the girl i'm replacing has her last day as the 14th.

I tried cauliflower rice for lunch today. I steamed it in the bag and then put some in a bowl and added in a wedge of white cheddar laughing cow. It was okay, couldn't really taste the cheese. I wouldn't be able to eat but a small amount of it. I didn't love it. I'm sure it would be better with a sauce or something.

12. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

It was a long weekend. We were open both days and I ended up working a 9.75-hour shift because we were short staffed and we were very busy. Sunday was cooler outside and a steady stream and enough help. Today I worked from 9-3:30 and then ran and got DBoss kids from the bus and afterschool program as her DH was running late due to a work situation. I took them to the park until he was able to get there. I had to go to Sam's Club from there for items needed for a meeting I am attending tomorrow night. It was 6:00 when I got home.

No need to go anywhere until my meeting tomorrow. Cleaning, cooking, and baking planned. Oh, and I am starting a new exercise program let's hope I do well with that.

Good NIght.

13. MrsSoup

Evening!

I have a horrible migraine. :( I just want to take my meds and get into bed and sleep. I still need to take my test but I think it will have to wait until after DS's endoscopy tomorrow morning. Not sure I could concentrate enough tonight. I did nap before lunch and then DH woke me up when he got home. I also tried to nap after I picked Eli up but the dogs kept barking every time kids would pass by the front of the house. The VOG from the Big Island has finally got me.

AVID is described on the school website as follows "This course is designed to prepare students for college preparatory course work (e.g. Advance Placement) with emphasis on:
    • inquiry
    • reflective writing,
    • organizational and study skills
    • note-taking
    • research."

Off to figure out dinner and then go medicate myself!

Jody- You'll do fantastic!! :)

14. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

Congratulations on the job! Cauliflower rice really is an acquired taste; I like cauliflower but cauliflower rice, not so much.

MrsSoup likes this.