March 2019 Declutter Club

Discussion in 'The Declutter Club' started by Lana, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Will see what this month brings.

Jaymee and Teigan should be moving out so I know stuff will be leaving.

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  2. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Nice that Jaymee and Teigan will be moving into their own home soon....Exciting

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  3. sweetpumkinpye

I will continue decluttering and Winter prep. Always something but find there is less and less to be rid of.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Ongoing decluttering will happen here (I hope!) I need to get as much out of the house before I start spring-cleaning, will go so much faster!

Lana - with Jaymee bringing stuff to her house that will show alot at your house. Hope they love their house and make it a great home.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  5. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

I've been working in the office. I did do some decluttering work on this room as part of the HHP but it needs some help again. It was the family catch all room for wrapping and storing presents at Christmas. It really has not been dealt with since then. I got one small bag of trash out and one item for donation.

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  6. sweetpumkinpye

Not a lot of decluttering here at the moment. Bit busy with other things. Did get 2 rolls of Christmas paper sorted yesterday so that was something. Wrote a note in my planner that I will not need any Christmas paper this year.

Ahorsesoul, Holiday_Mom and luludou like this.
  7. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Was looking for some pillow covers in my linen closet. I found a bunch of old pillow cases and covers that I pitched. I need to go through the rest of that closet, I'm sure there is other stuff to pitch.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  8. luludou

Yesterday I slipped a bag of dvds, 2 baseball caps and 1 sleeping bag in ds's luggage that he had for the dog ;) He still has stuff here and I'm helping him along to bring them to his house :)

In donation bag: 1 winter coat, 1 sweater. Got rid of a few boxes. 2 puzzles will be sent back to mil's. Got rid of a bath pillow (don't need it with new bath).

9. sweetpumkinpye

4 DVDs on to the little pile. Need to decide what to do, donate or try to sell.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
  10. Holiday_Mom

The books shelves are getting decluttered. I filled up one small bag with books.

11. sweetpumkinpye

Mary, must be the week for bookcases. Mine is on the to do list too.

Holiday_Mom likes this.
  12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

I am declutter in some books too

Holiday_Mom and sweetpumkinpye like this.
  13. Holiday_Mom

Well, that bag of books got smaller when my daughter saw what was being donated. LOL! She wanted to keep a good portion of the books. I went through our basket of CD's an filled up a bag with them. I do not think any of them will be removed from the bag. I haven't heard anyone using the CD player except at Christmas.

14. sweetpumkinpye

Mary, I so want to go through the CD's and purge a whole lot. I have most of my music in my itunes folder on the computer and rarely play a CD.
    I think it will be a project for a cold Winters weekend to get more from CD onto the computer and then donate.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  15. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Trying to make room for the fleece sheet sets I bought. I have a pile of old pillow cases to go either in the trash or rag bag. I think there's some old sheet sets I can get rid of too just ran out of time.

16. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

March is Shredding Extravaganza Month for me. Three months without a shredder and I have a big box of documents to tackle. I need to go through the house buying/closing documents as well because I am sure I have duplicates that can go and my new desk is on order so I'll be having a document clean out to only put what is necessary in the file drawers.

Holiday_Mom and luludou like this.
  17. Minta

Minta Administrator Staff Member

For those who getting rid of old sheets, pillow cases, towels and blankets check with your local animal shelters. I know ones near me gladly take those to use for the animals.

18. sweetpumkinpye

Minta, great idea. I will check with my local vet to see if they want want I am tossing.

19. luludou

Got 2 more sweaters to give ddil. got rid of some papers in bedside table and 1 pair of earmuffs. got a pair of mittens for ddil too.

Ahorsesoul and Holiday_Mom like this.
  20. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

DH and I cleaned out our in home safe deposit box of old and expired papers. That is something I guess.