March 3rd-6th 2019

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
First full week of March 2019 and I find I am getting into a great routine. Weeks will be getting busier for a while so need to keep on top of things if I want things to go smoothly. This is my to do list for this week...

*make work lunches for Monday (X) Tuesday (X)
*fold washing (X)
*vacuum floors (X)
*shave legs (X) wash hair (X)
*pack for DrillDance training for Monday (X) Wednesday(X)
*DrillDance training Monday (X) Wednesday (X)
*CPR refresher Tuesday night (X)
*baking at Mum's Thursday (X)
*make menu plan/use it up (X)
*work on DrillDance coaching modules (-) 3 out of 6 done
*be aware of water intake (X)
*keep on top of daily routine (X)
*start/continue/finish one craft project (X)
*start/continue/finish one book (X)
*update planner/gift closet (X)
*pack for DrillDance competition (X)
*DrillDance competition Saturday and Sunday (X)

****continue Winter prep***
......Loungeroom......
Wash throws/cushions (X)
Vacuum rug (X)
Wash floor (X)
Move furniture and vacuum (X)
Clean windows/sills (X)
Clean couch (X)
Dust furniture/skirtings/lighting (X)
Declutter T.V unit (X)
Make the room warm and cozy
Extra, stove top and oven prior to inspection (X)
Stew apples for freezer (X)

Last edited:
Reactions: luludou

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Appointments
[X] Chiropractor
[X] [X] PT
[X] MRI
[X] Mentor Call
[X] DS Dentist
[X] Seuss Night
[X] [X] DD Honor Guard Rehearsal
[X] Ortho Appointment
[X] DD Avid Leadership Conference
[X] [X] Cookie Booths

Chores
[X] [X] Run Alice
[X] Laundry
[X] Water plants

Schoolwork
[X] Schedule Objective Assessment
[X] Objective Assessment
[ ] Begin work on Learning Assessment (5 videos)

Health
[X] [X] [X] [/] [/] [/] [ ] At least 32oz water
[X] Workout?

Other
[X] Sew DD's patches on vest

Last edited:

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Last week was an extra busy week that looked didn't look that way at the beginning of the week. I have a feeling the next few weeks will be like that with the school activities starting to ramp up as winter begins to come to an end. Everyone is antsy to get outdoors and get things done.

Personal
  • Keep up with drinking water.
  • Keep up with exercise 5 days.
  • Keep up with vitamins.
  • Spend time reading.
  • Keep up with writing.
Household
  • Plan Menu. Done
  • Shop for Groceries. Done
  • Clean Bathrooms. Done
  • Vacuum/Sweep/Dust Mop/Dust 1st and 2nd floor. Done
  • Shred Paper.
  • Declutter office for 15 mins. In Progress
  • FlyLady - Kitchen: Wipe down cabinets and appliances Done
    • Clean oven Done
    • Wash windows and window sills Done
  • Work on Lesson Plan. Done
  • Write out Bills. Done
  • Read through loaned magazines.
  • Think about Easter Plans. In Progress
  • Review what worked and didn’t work this month. Done
  • Declutter living room baskets.
  • Notes to school Done

Last edited:

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, you remind me that I have to decide what to do for Easter. DH and I will be away but DS will be home. Do I decorate? Mmmm I will need to think on this.

Reactions: Holiday_Mom

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Jess, another busy week for you, I often wonder how we manage it all.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Looks like we are doing great on our lists this week. I think I may have more list than days to do it but I will get it done.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Yes, we are doing good. It has been a busy two weeks here catching up on things with the family. It's been harder to get to the list but it does eventually get done.

I made some notes of what worked and didn't work for me in February. What worked: Not eating after 7 pm most nights of the week; Getting to bed before 10 pm; Taking vitamins; Bundling up and going for walks in the cold and snow; Keeping up with routines; Using exercise apps that were on the phone;

What didn't work: We had a lot of snow days on Mondays. That is my typical grocery shopping day. I went on a Tuesday in January. Turns out that Tuesdays are Senior Citizen Discount day. It was a mob scene. Never again did I want to do that if I had a choice. In February, I went grocery shopping on Tuesdays at another store using the shopping list for the Monday store. I wasn't able to catch the bargains like I wanted. I think next year I need to pay attention to the weather on Sundays and make my shopping lists based upon it.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, great idea to keep track of what worked and didn't.
I am now writing in my planner the moisturiser, hand cream etc that I like and that is what I am going to buy form now on. In the past I have bought what ever catches my eye but when I use it I don't like the feel/fragrance etc. I will wait until I see my products on sale.

I too am working on getting to bed around 10 I find it a good time for me. Reading before bed is better than electronics so will keep with that.
I am also finding that I will just finish things off at night....have a shower, start the dish washer, make my lunch, tidy up etc. What ever needs doing I am getting it done a t night so that I have a little extra time in the morning and are not rushing.
The last thing that I am doing is setting an alarm for the days that I do not work. 7.15 is when my alarm goes off Wed, Thursday and Friday and I am getting up and doing things rather than just waking up whenever and being behind all day. Not sure if I will do this in the Winter but certainly good for now.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
Katrina, I like your idea of writing the notes in the planner. Do you have a notes section in your planner? I do have a couple of pages for notes but I'm using one page now, leaving me with one page left. I don't think it would be enough.

I was writing my notes on cute note paper or even Post-It Notes and keeping them in the back of my planner. Maybe I'll staple them to the planner page for the month. You've got me thinking about this.

Back in the October/November time frame, I made a list of all the activities I participated in September, October and November that were on my calendar. Then I looked at the amount of time I spent getting to and from the activities and the the length of time those activities actually took. I then made a list of "new" to me activities in addition to daily/weekly activities that are a routine part of life. It really helped me to see patterns and where all of my time was going. I was able to make a list of things to do differently for next fall. I want to do the same thing for this season as it ends.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Mary, my planner is quite a large 'executive' type planner so lots of pages. I am a visual person so like lists in different colours for different events etc.
I think that I have a bit of ADD and tend to flit from one activity to another so having lists helps keep me on track. .

With the products, I will have to force myself to stop and think about if I really need it. I am a sucker for a pretty bottle or a great deal and that is why I have ended up with so many hand creams, facial scrubs etc. By writing down my favourites I hope this can help with that impulse buying.

You are making me think too about the amount of time I spend in my car going from one activity to another. I have never tracked it as such but I know that I am in the car a lot. Something to think about over the next short while.

Holiday_Mom

Premiere Member
Sep 12, 2009
I understand what you mean on the way things are packaged and the great deals. I am working on that too. That's why I do a lot of writing and list making and then review things. A lot of my purchasing is thinking that it's going to solve something in my life. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't.

Your idea of keeping track of what you like is really a good one. I am going to do that with the soaps and candles I bought for each month of fall and winter a few months ago. I really liked having the scented soap dispenser in the kitchen and first floor bathroom. They were splurge items for me but it really did make me happy. I kept the candle burning in kitchen when I was working in there but moved it to the living room often. I think this list will probably help family with gift ideas too.

Reactions: sweetpumkinpye