may 05-01-2018tuesday

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by housewife2, May 1, 2018.

1. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

happy may 1st a pretty day its going to be. enjoy

2. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all! It's sunny and going to be warm on LI where I finally am! I'm back! It's so good to be really home. Where is everyone on line, hw2?

The house looks like a tornado hit it with bringing all the stuff in - and more to come. Also have to start shopping to rebuild our larder. I think I will do Costco today and maybe one other store as I still have to empty the camper and DH and I have a Mets game tonight.

Enjoy May Day everyone!

3. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

We took the boys to see Avengers Infinity War yesterday after school, super good and crazy! DD opted to stay home because she didn't want to disrupt the theater with her coughing. :) I didn't sleep well again, no idea what's going on. I did finally remember to use my lavender oil on the bottom of my feet and it put me right back to sleep and I used DD's eucalyptus oil in my diffuser since i'm out of my breathe oil and that helped with my stuffy nose so that wasn't the problem. I have a slight headache this morning. I really need to start working out again!

DS has an appointment with the psychiatrist at the end of lunchtime today. This is the one that prescribes his meds and it was the only appt. she had when I had to reschedule due to his endoscopy that ended up being cancelled. Wish I would have just kept the appt and waited to see how he was after the procedure. Oh well. We'll have to be quick because I have to make it over to pick up Eli. I'm going to work on reading homework this morning.

Welcome home Debbie!

Enjoy your day!

4. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Hello everyone!

Afternoon check-in for me today. Got up early and raced out of the house to beat the crowd at the pharmacy. Got my new allergy meds - anyone take Allegra? How do you like it? Also eye drops and Flonase - stopped in the ladies room and used the Flonase right away...ah, instant relief. Headed out to pick up purple paper to make name tags for Thursday, then Food Lion to pick up gift cards (for one of the charities that can't take cash donations), and then headed to the donut shop for Mom's Club Sit & Sip. So much fun, out of six of us, only one Mom brought her kiddos but we're all Moms so there was lots of chat about dealing with teens and the crazy antics little ones get up to. Lovely morning out and the maple donut was amazing.

Stopped at the commissary for the last of the supplies, creamer and hot cups for coffee. A couple of charities asked if they could still send their PPT slides even though the deadline has passed and I said yes because it's easy to slip them in. I'm off to have a late sandwich and watch something on Netflix before I get back on the computer and tweak the PPT, then it's upstairs to pull out all my giant thirty-one bags which I'll use to carry the bottled drinks and other supplies to the event.

Hot, hot here today - up to 80 I think so I'm glad I'm done running the roads and the house is cool.

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Pamela- I take Allegra and DD just started on it as well because Claritin wasn't doing anything for her. I've been taking it for quite some time so I think my body has gotten used to it. I don't have allergy symptoms all the time but I do have a sniffly nose all the time so it doesn't help with that aspect for me. I do have a deviated septum though so that probably has something to do with it.

6. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Thanks. I was on Claritin and it just wasn't working this year. Hopefully the mix of Allegra, eye drops, and Flonase will do the trick.

MrsSoup likes this.
  7. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

good morning,
    A day off for me and plenty on the to do list. Am meeting SIL at noon to hand over tax papers so she can lodge taxes. Need to pop into the shops and get a few things that are on my list, bread, milk etc.Then off to DDs house for dinner. We will take the dogs so I will need to pack their dinner and treats as well.
    Back to work tomorrow and Friday and then the first full week is done.
    Better get going as I have a lot to do and the clock is ticking....

8. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Evening!

welcome home Halimer!
    MissJoDee what is your eye night routine?
    Katrina have a good supper

Did gym. had painting at noon but will have to work on it during the weekend. very very busy at work with cw leaving for her retirement in 2 weeks, taking part of her job, taking part of secretary's job (she is ALWAYS absent), ....

will try to go to sleep early tonight.

9. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Tonight is the first time doing the eye routine. I have a mask (called a Bruder Mask) that needs to be microwaved for 20 seconds then I rest it on some gauze placed on closed eyes for 8 mins. Once the timer goes off I wipe my eyes with the gauze both lids. Before I go to bed I need to clean where the lid meets the bottom with Ocusoft Platinum. I also have put drops in the eyes every day 3 times a day for a month and then twice a day. It was also suggested I take fish oil but I already take flaxseed oil which the doctor said was better than fish oil.

It was hard to keep busy at work. Once a supervisor came in I was able to get the go-ahead to work on a project before we have the first meeting. So that will keep me busy tomorrow and Friday.

I will be watching a little TV and take care of some dishes in the sink and head to bed.

10. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. Long time, it seems, since I’ve been on. Lots going on…so where to start?

At work, we’ve been getting just nasty little emails from the superintendent on down. First, one about having to be at work at least 15 minutes before work and stay after work at least 15 minutes. Then, we received one saying that if we abandon our responsibilities, we would be immediately terminated. We still don’t know to what that is referring….no other explanation…just that. Last, the school secretary called my room asking for me to send a student between classes to the office. We finished a few minutes early, so I sent her on to the office so she wouldn’t be late to her next class. The secretary called my room and said she was sending “that student you sent down here” back to class because they were only supposed to be in the halls if it was an emergency due to testing” and she would have to be come back to the office between classes! WHAT?! She was already in the office, and they wouldn’t tell her what she was down there for or what they wanted because she came a few minutes early and didn’t wait until between classes? SMH! I’ve never felt before that I worked in a hostile environment, but other things have happened this year that makes it feel that way to me. I’m just ready for next year to be over, and it hasn’t even started. One more year….then, retirement! 19 more days this year!

Next was our income tax check refund. Instead of paying up front, I chose for out fees to be taken out of our refund, so when we received our refund, it wasn’t a US Treasury government issued check, but from a bank linked to Turbo Tax. However, there wasn’t anything on it identifying it as such. I was suspicious and didn’t want to cash it giving “someone” out there access to our banking information, so I called Turbo Tax and told them all that. They had me go to a website to verify the check and write the verification number on the front of the check after the website gave me one. Then, when I took it to the bank to put it into our savings account, but the bank was who was supposed to verify the check, not me, so they couldn’t get verification of the check. Another call…this time to the bank that issued the check. I was going to have to void the check, fill out a form and send them copies of both mine and DH’s social security card and driver’s license. No, no, no….I wasn’t going to send all that to someone I don’t even know if I can trust. Luckily, I have a friend who works at our bank. She was able to talk to one of her supervisors who approved the check to be deposited onto our account.

And finally, the wrecked car. An adjuster finally came out today to evaluate the damage. I’ll pick up a rental tomorrow. When I called late this afternoon, they hadn’t received the report form the adjuster, yet, but I’m pretty sure it’s a total. We’re going to keep the car and get it repaired. We don’t need a car note right now, and it runs great! DD21 likes it, too, so it makes sense to keep it.

I’ve been putting out my red, white, and blue stuff. I love to decorate with it. It stays up from now until after Labor Day when I start decorating for fall. Exciting! We’ll be having our family reunion at the lake Memorial Day weekend. We’re also having a family reunion on my granddaddy’s side of the family the weekend after that, but on Saturday only.

Well, I've written at book, so I'll let it all go at that.

Hope you all rest well tonight. Hope all the tests being done come back well. Night, everyone.

11. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

MissJane...phew that is a lot to be dealing with. Love hearing about your plans for the Summer.

missjane likes this.
  12. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Miss Jane, sometimes the messages we get from admin involves only one person. We kept getting the same email about low cut tops at school and everyone knew who it was and wondered why admin didn't just tell the well-endowed staff member. As for the secretary, she should have handled the situation differently.

missjane likes this.