May 2017 Declutter Club

Join our amazing community
Share what you know, learn something new!
register

Christmaslvr

Premiere Member
Oct 18, 2007
Sebastian, FL
Hey where is everyone! Lol

So still moving things out of the house, little by little, maybe only 1-5 things at a time but at least they're out!

Yesterday I finally conquered my paper piles!! New folders have been made for everything that we need to keep, so now we just need to buy a filing cabinet. I hope to do that this week or at least next weekend.

I think I'm finally starting to feel the weight lift off my shoulders!

How are you all doing so far this month?

Reactions: Minta

MrsSoup

Premiere Member
Oct 13, 2007
Missouri
Decluttering is #1 priority right now since we are preparing for our big move to Hawaii! We are having a big yard sale next weekend during the post-wide yard sales. I'm hoping to get a lot of traffic and get rid of a lot of stuff. Whatever doesn't sell will either be consigned if it's really good stuff or donated. We still have the garage and outdoor closet to go through as well. There are some little things to go through in the house too i'm sure. I'll be a busy bee this week trying to get through as much as possible before Saturday.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I deep cleaned the kitchen but did not get rid of one single thing. I think it was because DH was home. I might do a bit more next week and see what I can get rid of.

Minta

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premiere Member
Oct 14, 2007
South NJ
Over the weekend I decided to clean my kitchen drawers and do a bit of rearranging and reorganizing. In the process I threw out a bunch of stuff that I no longer use or had duplicates of. Drawers look much neater. I also threw out some pants that were old and ripped or were getting ready to rip. I would love to take a week off from work just to purge and reorganize :)

Reactions: Christmaslvr

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Went through my craft cupboard on Friday. Tidied it up and got rid of quite a few things. Mostly torn gift bags and dried up glue, things like that. I rushed it a little and I need to go back through it another day and do it more thoroughly.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Got a pair of short red boots out of the house and gave them to dniece. She's happy and I'm happy! DD sent me a bag of pants to give away.... now I have to get that bag out of the house!

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
1 pj out for niece and 1 pair of earrings. I've decided to try the 1 thing out of every room this week.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
I went to visit a friends house last week. A very beautiful and tidy home. There was just a lot of stuff in there.
I came home and saw my house again and am happy with what I have done over the past couple of years.
Decluttering works for me.

MinnieCo

Premiere Member
Apr 10, 2008
So random thought..I'm leading a class Tuesday night at church on purging items from your home and also sharing basic home maintenance programs to keep up. Do any of you have specific plans that you follow that you want to share as an idea?

For the fun portion of the night I'm having an activity where they bring 5 items they want to "fling" from there home and in return they get 5 clothes pins to bid on other items brought in. If one item has multiple clothes pins, we choose randomly and the winner gets that particular item. What doesn't get tagged goes away to donation. I think it will be fun. Lastly I asked them to purge 5 things from there pantry they don't think they will use. We'll donate that to a family in need in our church or to the local food shelter.

luludou

Premiere Member
Dec 28, 2007
Québec - Canada
Michelle that is a very good activity!!

I purged some papers today when I filed what was in my bedside table.

sweetpumkinpye

Premiere Member
Apr 23, 2008
Canberra, Australia
Michelle, sounds like a great event. I particularly like the idea of donating food stuffs.