May 2020 Declutter Club

Discussion in 'The Declutter Club' started by Lana, May 3, 2020.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Today Jaymee and Teigan took home a checker game and 2 small 5 lb weights.

I have 4 or 5 books, a puzzle and a box of learning ABCs to take to preschool. They will be there tomorrow (5-4) and then on May 12th, Might wait till the 12th and see if we have more to take.

jampss, Holiday_Mom and Ahorsesoul like this.
  2. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Also yesterday a guy came and brought our old 4 wheeler so it is out of sight.

jampss, Holiday_Mom and Ahorsesoul like this.
  3. Holiday_Mom

Holiday_Mom Well-Known Member

I decluttered two shelves of kitchen storage containers. I tossed out and recycled whatever was broken.

jampss, Lana and Ahorsesoul like this.
  4. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Ahhhh, that's gotta feel good :)

Lana and Ahorsesoul like this.
  5. Holiday_Mom

Yes, indeed! The space that was freed up is wonderful. I can't believe that I held onto them for so long. :rolleyes:

Lana and luludou like this.
  6. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Today I am off to mum's to help her sort out her photos. I think we will be ditching a lot.

7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Filled a BIG contractor's bag with stuff to get rid of. Still have stuff to go.

8. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Let it go, Let it go...it will feel good.

Lana and Ahorsesoul like this.
  9. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Our thrift shops are opening. I need to load up a bunch of stuff from the garages that have been in a holding pattern the last few months. Then I need to stay out of the thrift shops lol.

10. Holiday_Mom

Our thrift shops are still closed but I imagine that they will be busy once they open up again.

My dd sorted through her winter and summer clothes. We've got three bags ready to go when donation centers open up again.

jampss, Lana and Ahorsesoul like this.
  11. sweetpumkinpye

I have 4 or 5 bags to go to the charity shops once they reopen. I am sure that they will be swamped with donations.

jampss and Ahorsesoul like this.
  12. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Put up things for sale and things for free.... free goes well but not the sales :(
    Got rid of dd's bed and nightstand (ds is bringing back a bed here so that'll be enough) for free.

Got 2 computer desks, a big window, 2 student desks, and an old wooden desk up for sales.... now if they can leave the house...

13. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

You all are good. I. Haven't. Done. Any. De-cluttering. Since. February. o_O

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  14. sweetpumkinpye

I live on a quiet street but am wondering how I would go putting things out with a sign saying free.

15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

No online garage sale sites where you are? I love our local online sale site. Dh even sat tonight looking at it. Ours is a Facebook site.

jampss likes this.
  16. jampss

jampss Well-Known Member

We put things out all the time by the curb which in my neighborhood means ‘Free - Please Take’.

Ahorsesoul likes this.
  17. luludou

DH's big window was sold and is out of the house
    IMG_2317.JPG

18. Holiday_Mom

Dds headed into school today to return the school's books and to drop off uniforms and their extra book for donations. Whew! Lots of stuff out the door today. :)

Lana, jampss and Ahorsesoul like this.
  19. luludou

Another desk sold at noon $35 IMG_2298.JPG , so that's out of mil's garage, was not here yet but since we have to empty our stuff from mil's it was on it's way!

20. Myron's Mom

Myron's Mom Well-Known Member

Well my car is full of cat stuff to give to the cousins tomorrow. The back hall looks empty. Have to admit it makes me sad. Still more of their stuff to get rid of but my husband isn’t “there” yet.