Mega Weather Monday 4/16/2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by PamelaG, Apr 16, 2018.

1. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

Good morning!

2. PamelaG

PamelaG Moderator Staff Member

We've had a huge band of severe weather sweep through southeastern Virginia since last night - buckets of rain and tornado warnings. It was tailing off when I dropped Vic at the airport this morning but I still avoided the freeway on the way home and all the crazy commuters. Glad to be home and off the roads.

Vic's off to California for a week and I've got a little of this and a little of that on the calendar for the week. Today is laundry day and errands once it stops raining. I've got to pick up a few things for my tea cup exchange package and get that off in the mail. Looking forward to receiving my package - love to get surprises in the mail.

3. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good morning Pamela and all who follow!

Looks like rain all day here. Temps in the 40s, then 30s overnight with snow showers. It looks like rain all week.

Heading to school today. Then home to make dinner and back out to take M to dance lessons. That's all that's on the agenda.

H has an interview today at 4:15 for summer work at a local dairy farm. Good thoughts and prayers would be appreciated. He really wants to work there this summer.

Pamela...stay safe in the crazy weather!

~peace and blessings~

4. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Hello!

Pam, stay safe!

Lisa, prayers for Hunter. When does he get out of school?

Allen will go this afternoon and get new tires put onto the truck and also the equinox. Will nice to have it done. Went Friday but Randy was really busy so today it is to be done. The bank I work at is right down the road from where he is going so....

We cut a small amount of asparagus on Friday night. Some had gotten bit by the cold. Deer tracks all around.

Have a GREAT day everybody!

5. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Morning!
    Freezing rail, hail and snow in the forecast for today so will not go far... have to go to the post office around 11:00 to pick up 2 packages (not worth going before that as they are never ready with the packages) and then it closes for lunch from 12:00 to 2:30.. pffff!

Did some yoga... I'm thinking I am not as good as I was with the exercise... so easy to let slip one day, then 2 and then more.

Doing laundry, crafting, cooking... that'll be my day today. Off to write a post on my blog.

Later

6. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Kauai Island got slammed over the weekend, over 25" of rain in 24 hours, over 28" in some places there. We got rain too and had flash flooding on the east side of the island but nothing like what they had. There are a couple schools closed on the east side today because of the flooding, they are covered in mud on the inside. More rain in the forecast for this week. We never got to the beach this weekend because when it rains like this there are brown water advisories and warnings and you can't swim in brown water. We went for a ride yesterday on the bike and saw lots of areas of brown water.

I had another migraine yesterday so took a pill last night. It's gone this morning, thank goodness! I'm getting my hair done this morning! I hope it looks okay, she does good work from what i've seen. Then i'll drop off my Stitch Fix returns to UPS and come home and work on school work for the rest of the day. I'm behind my schedule. DH rearranged our bedroom yesterday and I wasn't sure I would like it because he moved the bed in front of the window, but I think it's growing on me. He also moved Eli's room around so the chair he got for his birthday fits better. DD wants her room moved too but she has to clean it up first.

I'm going to attempt a workout today, but only do what my knee will allow me to. I also need to see about making myself an appointment for my knee and I need to call this afternoon to setup DD's MRI for her ankle.

Diedra- Good info, thank you!
    Jane- Glad you are feeling better! Is DD okay, I hope?
    Pamela- Glad you were safe in the weather!
    Lisa- Good luck to H!
    Lana- Yay for new tires!
    Lucie- That's a long lunch!!

Enjoy your day!

7. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Prepped some macaroni for tomorrow's supper, veggies are cut for a crockpot soup later in the week, hard boiled eggs are done, muffins are baked, baked some cookies too. Lunch & clothes for tomorrow are ready. Cancelled dentist for next Monday (decided to delay since it's just esthetic.. doesn't even show), scheduled an osteo appointment for beginning of May too. Dishes are done. Laundry is done. Picked up the 2 packages from post office... they were to be gifts for my brother & son... both birthdays have gone by... thinking of keeping them for Christmas.
    On with crafting

8. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon to all . had my grandson all weeknd just took him back . we always have fun cant believe he will be 4 in july time has flown. porchops baked sweet pot and green beans for dinner. weather was sp nice for the wekndbut today cold cloudy rain off and on. we were lucky with the bad weather hope all is safe

9. MrsSoup

Afternoon!

I love my hair! I put a couple pictures on FB. She took several pictures inside her house but each one looks like a different color. haha She did take a couple outside in the natural light and is going to send me those later too and those should be more true to the actual color. The one on FB that I posted is pretty close though. I'm happy with it. The best part is no real upkeep since there aren't any roots with the bayalage. She said when I come back for a trim she can brighten up the pieces around my face if I want (make them higher if they've grown out some) or tone up my hair to brighten it up and make it lighter if I want to go lighter, but that's up to me.

I haven't gotten any homework done because I haven't been home all that long. Once I was done at her house, DD texted that she forgot her ID and she needs it to eat lunch, so I came home and grabbed that and took it to school. Then I went to the PX to drop off my returns for Stitch Fix at UPS. Then I came home and DH was here for lunch. Now i'm doing my rounds on the internet and eating my lunch. Pretty soon it will be time to go sit in the parking lot and wait to pick up the kids. This is when I wish I had a real textbook that I could take with me.

When we went to the movies this weekend, a worker was handing out applications so DS took one. He texted me earlier asking when we can go turn it back in. We should have done it right then and there. I told him maybe tonight. He wants to turn it back in ASAP. I'm glad he's actually interested and asking and I agree that it needs to go back very soon. He will only be able to work a certain number of hours and will have to get a work permit until he's 16, but if they will hire him, i'll gladly drive him back and forth to work until he gets a license. He can pay me a stipend to do so. :) Or give me his free movie tickets every now and then. haha

10. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone.

I should have gone back to school after I got off at the bakery to work on grades, but was just ready to come home. This sinus/allergy stuff is just sucking my energy levels. I did sleep a little better last night, though, so maybe I'm on the upswing. I may go ahead and bake and crumble my cakes to make cake pops for prom. I can put it in the freezer until I need it. I did bring home my tests I need to grade, and DH will grade them for me. Then, all I have to do tomorrow is put them into the grading system online...it never works right from home.

DD21 has an appointment with her orthopedic doctor on Wednesday morning.

Lucie, glad you could stay home today and didn't have to go out. I had started exercising in the mornings until I got sick. You're so right about missing one day...then, it's two...then....and on and on it goes, but I have to wait until getting hot won't make me cough my head off. My students wanted the heat turned on today, but I wouldn't let them.
    Jess, it's always such a relief to like a new hair cut! That's great that Samuel is showing interest in getting a job.
    Lisa, have you heard anything about the damage to your Tahoe? Hope today at work was good. Prayers for Hunter.
    Lana, that's going to bake a chunk of change to get tires on both cars. We just put new tires on the van and on DD21's car...I should have known something would happen. It seems ever time we put a whole set of tires on a car, it's wrecked.
    HW2, at least the weather was nice for your weekend with DGS!
    Pamela, safe travels for Vic.

I'm off to a tub soak. Then, to grade papers.

Rest well, everyone.

11. teachermomof2

teachermomof2 Santa's Elves

Good evening!

Today was a tough day! Kids were wound up. I had 16 boys and 3 girls today. Holy moly! It was crazy. My problem student had a meltdown. It was like deja Vu! Right down to no one answering the phone when calling for help. Eventually someone came, but math class was a wash. :( Then at the end of the day, I find out that my colleague fell over a student crawling on the classroom floor and broke her arm in two places. Unreal.

Thanks for your good thoughts for H. He got the position and starts training the week after school lets out. He is moving home the week of May 7th.

I just heard from the insurance about the Tahoe. They accepted responsibility for the accident I got a repair estimate from photos, so the body shop will look it over and then make adjustments. I also get a rental car. We will make an appointment this week.

Jess...hair looks great!
    Jane...just did a boatload of grading, now I have to enter it all in the computer tomorrow.
    Hi Lucie, HW2
    Lana...we are planting some asparagus this week....once the snow goes away.

Good night!

12. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

That's probably the only way to get a few hours off work. lol

Hope she heals fast and well.

13. MrsSoup

Evening!

Lisa- Thank you! Oh my! That poor woman! Glad the Tahoe will be fixed and you'll get a rental.
    Jane- You need to rest all you can.

I have gotten one chapter read, only 3 more to go! I did the ungraded quizzes and used the search feature in the textbook to find the answers. I really could probably do that for the test as well and not really read the chapters. That's what DH thinks I should do. I'm going to attempt to get the chapters read though, or at least skim them as much as possible. I plan on taking the test tomorrow though and moving on. I need to get this class finished and move on to the next one. I would really like to get started with WGU June 1st. I'm having a hard time retaining what i'm reading even though I do find some of it interesting. Ugh!

I think i'm going to soak in the tub and read a bit of something fun. I'll just fall asleep reading the textbook anyway.

Goodnight friends!