Memorial Day Monday May 28th, 2018

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Lana, May 28, 2018.

1. Lana

Lana Well-Known Member

Remembering all those who have fought for our freedom, family and friends that have gone too.

To be a warm day. Hoping to plant some plants, do alittle painting and maybe get a few fish for the fish pond.

Jaymee and Teigan left about 530. What will I do all week? Have more than plenty! They will get back next Sunday! Hope the weather will be nice for them. Alabama and with the storm that was there is there will be some rain.

I better move along

Have a great day

2. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Prayers on Memorial Day

I was up early. This doesn't happen often in the winter when it's dark outside. lol

Nothing written on the schedule for DD or for me. Dh is playing in a golf tournament so he is happy. A lot of times on this tournament he doesn't get to play since it's mainly teams that play. If a team doesn't need another person there is no place for him. The first time this happened he was so disappointed. At his age not many of his golf friends play anything but their league on Tuesdays. I'm looking forward to having him out of the house. When he's home he wanders the house telling me what he's done. I let the cat out, I vacuumed the living room (like I couldn't hear or see that happen). Drives me up the walls. lol

I have hot dogs and hamburgers on the menu for today. I still need to make a menu for the rest of the week.

Enjoy the day.

3. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Good morning all (barely). Cloudy and cool today.

Yesterday I just did sporadic laundry, sat and read the newspaper and started a new book.

Today has started off copying stuff for the upcoming rally, fixing the printers and related chores. I've almost finished putting away the serving stuff from Saturday. Would like to finish the book today, and the bulk of the copying and start organizing and packing stuff to load the camper with.

Probably hamburgers and hot dogs for dinner - tradition!

Lana - I bet you'll get a ton of stuff done this week
    Diedra - enjoy your aloneness

4. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon! got up at 6:30 because a lot on my to do-list. I vaccumed basement, had a load of laundry in all before leaving for 9:00 appointment with doc - took all of 5 minutes just a short check-up. Picked up mail, some javel water & kleenx at the pharmacy, and came back home. vaccumed all main floor. washed basement bathroom, baked muffins, paid bills, posted on my blog and put clothes on the clothesline.
    on we go....

5. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. I played nice Grandma and fixed breakfast for dgkids - banana nut pancakes. They were pretty good.

DD has been begging me to let her dye my hair, just a section that went white 35 years ago. I finally gave in, and that section is now bright - and I do mean bright - teal. My hair is pixie cut, light blond with a lot of white, and shocking teal. Dgkids call me Rock Star Grandma. I scare myself every time I pass a mirror. Haha

Guess I better get my laundry started. Have a great day everyone.

Ahorsesoul and luludou like this.
  6. PamelaG

PamelaG Well-Known Member Staff Member

A late check-in today. Vic and I were up early and out of the house to run to Joann's and pick up some groceries. No BBQ on the agenda here - just as well since it is absolutely pouring with rain. It's going to be a quiet day.

7. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

]DD has been begging me to let her dye my hair, just a section that went white 35 years ago. I finally gave in, and that section is now bright - and I do mean bright - teal. My hair is pixie cut, light blond with a lot of white, and shocking teal. Dgkids call me Rock Star Grandma. I scare myself every time I pass a mirror. Haha

Fantastic!

8. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

DH, Eli and I were up at 0530 to get dressed and walk to the cemetery in front of our house to meet up with the rest of his Scout Pack to help place flags and leis on the gravestones. There were several other Scout Packs there, as well as other people. We got the job done in about an hour. Then our Pack did a few lingering awards and we came home. DH and I ran and got breakfast for us and the boys and then napped for a bit on the couch. I'm anticipating our friends will be here soon with DD. We plan on going to the aquarium today in Waikiki because it's $5 admission until the end of the month for adults and kids 12 and under are free. We will offer to grill burgers and hotdogs for dinner, but will need to hit the store first. The Commissary closes early today so I could go in early, which would be great but we'll see what happens. DH has to work tomorrow and has duty so he won't be coming to help me tonight.

Enjoy your day!

9. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good afternoon . movie was cute grandson liked it. steaks on the grill for tonite. hope its a good movie on tonite. have a bottle of peach wine i want to try and just relax after we have dinner.

10. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

I was in bed by 7 last night because Sat. and Sun I had to open the preserve where I work as well as today. It is a 5:30 am start time. which means I am up at 4:14 to get there. Lots of doing when working there. Setting up points of sales., putting out the orange cones so people don't park where emergency vehicles need to come through, Running and balancing reports, making sure staff has water, and keeping staff busy, not a hard job to do today with lots of picnics going on.

I am glad to be home now, DH is making a late lunch and I will be off tomorrow. YAY! I will work Wednesday, and Thursday. and off again Friday. We just had a newly hired manager resign yesterday. So we are scrambling lots of hours. We always make it work.

Is anyone on FB with Lisa to check in on her. Not like her to be missing for so long. Tanya is another on we haven't heard from lately.

Have a good afternoon and evening.

11. luludou

Jody, I left a message to Lisa and Tanya on FB.

Have made macaroni for supper tomorrow night. Reorganized tupperware cabinet. did dishes. put ebooks on hard drive. finished laundry, called mom, froze leftovers from the weekend, finished my acrylic painting... have to varnish but don't have any so I'll do it at work.

5:00 been a busy day. tomorrow will be more of the same but should be able to do some Rudy day fun in there.

12. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    That weekend went past way too fast.
    A workday for me, always a bit busier after a long weekend so it should keep me hopping today. New CW starts tomorrow. Other CW will train her tomorrow and I will have her Thurs and Frid. I suppose depending on how quickly she picks things up next week should be my last extra. Looking forward to getting back to normal. The house has suffered a little but I have mostly been able to keep on top of things.

DH is on holidays this week so I am hoping that perhaps he will get a few things done around here, it is probably too much to expect too much. There are things that I would not even ask him to do. There are 3 or 4 bags of clothes in the spare room to take to the charity bin but I know he would fuss if I asked him to drop them off.
    Anyway better go and face the day.

13. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hi, everyone. We got back home just after noon today. I picked up pizza as we came through town on the way home. I managed to really mess up my back somehow last night when I was getting out of the tub. I've done some of my exercise today, but walking is painful and difficult. Standing in one place is almost impossible. I started my Celebrex today, too. I've known this was coming and should have already started my exercises to help keep it from happening. :eek: Hoping the combination of all of it keeps me out of the doctor's office. I slept very little last night, so have slept a good bit today.

Other than throwing my back out some way, it was a great weekend. DS and his family, DD25 and her DH, my mom and sister, DH, DD21, and I all staying in a lodge together. DGS#2 caught a bass off the pier. We played cards, visited with extended family, and ate way too much food. DSis, DD25 and DSonIL went home yesterday after the family reunion.

DH, my mom, and I were going to work at the Crowville house this week because Mama is off work. I think we'll still work there. I'll just have to do different things there this week than I was planning to. Also, it's supposed to be in the upper 90s almost every day starting tomorrow.

I've been looking for ideas for the Crowville house, so I suppose most of the rest of my day will be doing that. DGS#1 has a ballgame at 8:00 tonight. I'm definitely taking the chairs, because I don't think I can do the bleachers.

Lana, you're going to be lost, but I bet you get a lot done this weekend. DDIL and some girlfriends always go to the beach for about 5 days. They're leaving tomorrow and will be home Saturday. I'll be helping with DGSs this week.
    Katrina, how did things go with new CW? I know you're looking forward to more time at home. I would be!
    HW2, it sounds like the day with DGS was good. Steaks from the grill sound good.
    Lucie, you've been productive today, as usual.
    GrammaDeb, you're a cool grandma for sure!
    Diedra, hoping you and DH both got what you wanted...you a "DH free day" and him a chance to actual play in the golf tournament.
    Jody, those sound like long busy days! Glad you'll get some days off this week.
    Pamela, it sounds like a peaceful relaxing day for you. Lots of businesses are closed here today. I hope Joann's was open.
    Jessica, those sound like neat activities to do on Memorial Day. We're always driving home from the family reunion on Memorial Day. We get to see a lot of flag displays on the way home, though. I new Veteran's cemetery has opened about 30 miles north of us. They were having a memorial service when we came through there today.
    Debbie, I need to go to the library and check out some books so I can read some this summer. Hope you enjoyed your day and got your to-do list done.

Have a great evening, everyone.

14. luludou

Jane sending you postive vibes for your back.
    Went to sil tonight for bil's bday.

dh will be picking up an oven for ds tomorrow night, so he'll be coming home late.

'Night

15. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

That is so cool! I love it.

16. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Miss Jane, hoping that the back feels better very soon.