Messy Monday January 28, 2019

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Miss JoDee, Jan 28, 2019.

1. Miss JoDee

Miss JoDee Well-Known Member

Morning MHH friends

2. Miss JoDee

Up at 5:30 for an 8:00 medical tests at the hospital for both DH and me. Routine and gallbladder issues for DH. We got 5 inches of snow overnight. DH and DS shoveled driveway and we will be leaving an hour before our appointment time. Roads will be slow getting there. but smart driving should be fine.

Not sure what will happen after will see.
    Make it a good day.

3. housewife2

housewife2 Well-Known Member

good morning to all. just dropped off my gs at pre school. have a little housework to do before i pick him up. they say we may get a little snow this week. i hope not its pretty coming down but a hassle to have to drive in it and i hate for schools to be closed they have missed a lot this school year. cant believe fri is feb have a good day and everyone be safe

4. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul Santa's Elves

Morning all MHHers

We have snow! It looks beautiful and is drifted because of the wind. Schools are closed because of the sub-zero temperatures not the snow. It's going to keep getting colder this week so they maybe off some more. Our plow guy came so the driveway is cleared. Dh wants to do some clearing around the mailbox.

DD said she was tired this morning. Said she was up at 6 so she had her breakfast and is back in bed. I am just starting my laundry. Usually by now I'm just about done. Must be the snow that's making me slow. lol

Enjoy the day

5. MrsSoup

MrsSoup Well-Known Member

Aloha!

Jody- Hope all tests go well! Be careful!
    Faye- Hope no snow for you this week!
    Diedra- Enjoy your beautiful snow and be safe in those temperatures!

I have a free day today so need to catch up on things, feel like i'm behind. First things first, the Commissary! Meal plan is made, just need to finish up my list and go shopping. Then i'm coming home and chaining myself to my computer and doing schoolwork! I have been studying here and there for my Praxis but not working much on my first class and the term starts on Friday. I would like to be as ahead as I can be before the class officially starts. I'm kicking myself for not being more proactive this month on this class. I could have been completely done with it and just waiting for the term to start to take my assessment. Really dumb! I also need to buckle down and study more for the Praxis. I'm finding that i'm not as good at things as I thought I was because they definitely want things differently than I learned them, which is very frustrating. I feel like i'm relearning everything and that is way more time consuming. My confidence level has diminished significantly. Reading/writing is definitely my strong suit, but i'm not feeling so strong right now.

We are still very windy and cool this morning so it may be another day of windows and doors open. No reason not to, except when the lawn maintenance people are around.

Enjoy your day!

6. halimer

halimer Well-Known Member

Hello all! Sunny and might get up to around 60* today.

Watched the Outlander finale last night and started the laundry. Still doing laundry and have more to go. Working on some camping club stuff. Did the letters - now need envelopes and stamps. Have another letter to work on too then maybe start my scrapbooking.

DH needs to call Direct TV to get our downstairs box set up and I need a grocery store.

Jess - you are a really sharp lady! Don't let that Praxis get. you down
    Faye - a snow day is good - every once in a while but not so many that you lose other breaks
    Diedra - stay warm!

MrsSoup likes this.
  7. Miss JoDee

We are home now. Drive took us a while, it was the guy who thought he could go faster than the rest of the traffic that was most concerning. Lots of piled snow in the lanes that could pull you into trouble if not careful. Tests are done. Traffic lighter and DH not as sharp tried to turn into a turn lane from a stop position even though I informed him calmly that we won't make it through the snow but he had to try anyway. Stuck we were. Fortunately a gentleman came along and assisted DH in getting it unstuck. DH kicked himself all the way home.
    I did not say anything other than suggest an alternate route.

Not sure what I will do with the rest of the day. Thinking I should sort through some files. Ugh this sorting is getting old.... I will be happy when it is done. This stuff I am doing now is the last of the things I need to sort through which is why I am so over it. Goal, end of the week. When that is done I will start over again but it won't have a 20 year history. lol.

8. GrammaDeb

GrammaDeb Active Member

Good morning. We're having a beautiful day. I have windows open to let in fresh air and try to get rid of dog smell.

I was up early to get kiddoes off to school, they wanted sausages & bulls eyes for breakfast. I started laundry and chopped the day's fruits & veggies for lunches. I ran out of cucumbers & zucchini so off to the grocery store I went. Bought more of other veggies & fruits too, and found a potted pink hyacinth plant for neighbor - today is her birthday. I just love the smell of hyacinths. I'll take her flowers & birthday card to her in a little while.

The dryer just beeped so I need to change laundry and put clean bedding on. Have a great day everyone!

9. sweetpumkinpye

sweetpumkinpye Well-Known Member

Good morning,
    Tuesday here and after a very busy weekend it is off to work for me. Only work one day this week which is fine with me.
    My DD turns 26 today and the boyfriend and I will have ours tomorrow. She is such a joy to DH and myself and I just wish her all the best for a great future.
    We did gifts yesterday and I think they were happy. DD got a box full of baking supplies and 2 books and BF got a Boston Bruins throw and some things for his car that he needed. We will have a 3 way birthday dinner on Thursday night.

Must get moving I think today may be a busy one.
    Much love, keep warm

10. sweetpumkinpye

Jody, sorry to hear you got stuck, glad that you are safe.

11. luludou

luludou Well-Known Member

Afternoon!

Katrina - happy birthday to your dd.

Have posted on my blog if anyone's interested. Did laundry, started dishwasher (now I need to go unload it). Did yoga, took a shower, made my bed, prepped work clothes & gym clothes for tomorrow, overnight oats for my work breakfasts this week, cut up a cantaloup and got that in tupperwares for lunches this week, got some yogourt ready for lunches too. menu-planned, watched 2 episodes of Mary Kondo as everyone suggested, and cut up some more fabric for Christmas bags and one more pillowcase (for dniece).

Yesterday we ended up with at least 12 inches of snow! today is really cold and tomorrow we are to have a snowstorm. I put some pics of the freezing rain and snow on my blog.

Later

12. MrsSoup

Grocery shopping is done and put a nice dent in the bank account. :eek: I spent over $200! I never spend that much, usually it's just over $100 or so. I didn't even buy beef, just chicken. Good gracious! I still need to go to Sam's Club for more fruit items. I may have to wait until payday for that trip. DH and I were going to go to lunch but I think we won't now. He won't be able to take lunch until almost 1 anyway. Everything is put away and i've got the recorded PW on from Saturday. I'm gearing up to start homework. haha

I washed our sheets and blanket this morning and remade our bed. I put on a different quilt. I just saw on FB that baseball sign-ups are going on for Eli's age group, i'll have to ask him after school if he's interested. He's never played before but really enjoys playing catch so he might enjoy it.

Better get busy and quit procrastinating!

Jody- Glad you all are okay!
    Deb- Hyacinths are nice!
    Katrina- Happy Birthday to DD!
    Lucie- Great blog post!

luludou likes this.
  13. luludou

Did get 3 more fabric bags done and 1 pillowcase this afternoon. :) That's all the sewing I'll be doing for awhile. Now I need to go back to knitting socks.

Night

14. missjane

missjane Well-Known Member

Hello, everyone.

It's hard to believe this is the last week of January. Time is moving along.

At 11:00 today, someone met me in the hall to tell me that DH's cousin was killed in a car accident. She was 42 and has two daughters, one of whom is autistic. We, along with some other family members, went and visited with her DH and sister for a while tonight. DH will be a pall bearer. Her DH's mom was there and will probably stay with them for a while...maybe permanently, who knows? She's a widow. Depending on what day the funeral is, I may or may not get to go.

DGS#1's junior high baseball season starts Saturday. I'm hoping for warm weather. It was 67 today and is supposed to be snowing by tomorrow morning. :eek: School has already been called off, and I can hardly believe it! I figured they would wait until they for sure that we DO actually get some snow and check the road conditions. In 33 years, I've never known them to call off school this early before a snow event started. Someone in the central office must have wanted off tomorrow. That means I'll only have to go to work 2 days this week. I'll take it!

DS has invited us to go on a cruise this summer...we're still deciding.

Katrina, happy birthday to DD, you and BF!
    Jody, so glad you and DH are okay!
    Lucie, you're busy as usual!
    Jess, groceries are just expensive, but eating out is even more so! Did DS get the job? Maybe I missed it?
    GrammaDeb, I love hyacinths! I agree that they smell wonderful.
    Debbie, seems there's always laundry to do. Hope you got everything together for the letters.
    Diedra, if I had snow to look at, I would do that instead of laundry, too!
    Faye, maybe the schools won't go over their allotted days. We can apply for emergency circumstances and not have to make them up. Maybe the schools there can do that, too.

Night, everyone. Hoping you all rest well.

15. sweetpumkinpye

MissJane, so sorry to hear of the passing of DH cousin. My thoughts go to you.
    Thank you for the birthday wishes.

Half way through the day, getting a lot done which is great. Would love to be at home cleaning and decluttering, I can think of many things to tidy.
    When I get home tonight I will work on a few more crafts and just sit and enjoy. Maybe try a no electronics night. Have not done that for a while.

Will keep going,
    Much love to all.

missjane likes this.
  16. MrsSoup

Jane- So sorry to hear about DH's cousin. How awful for her DH and daughters! DS hasn't heard yet, hoping tomorrow! I say, go on the cruise! We've enjoyed both of ours.

I finished up a module after reading most of the day. I did take breaks here and there, but not long ones. I have one more module to finish up unit 2. I would love to get unit 3 finished before Friday but we'll see. That would finish up Week 1 on the pacing guide for the class so I could start the term with week 2.

I went on a walk around the neighborhood, man is it windy out there and a bit chilly. I think we'll just do flatbreads for dinner, quick and easy. I really would like a white pizza but not sure how to make the white sauce or if I have anything required for it. Should have thought about that before I went to the store. I need to cut up the pineapple I bought, otherwise it will just sit on the counter. Pretty sure we still have some in the refrigerator too.

I reregistered on my laptop earlier today for Myfitnesspal, it wouldn't let me reset my password for some reason, and then downloaded the app on my phone. I have been tracking all day and so far am under everything except sugar. The Airhead Bites I had put me over. haha My friend is doing macrocounting and I am toying with the idea, not to lose weight but to pair it with weight lifting to gain some muscle and lose fat. She uses this to track her stuff and I have used it in the past so I figured I would start now and see if I can stick with the tracking, because i'm horrible at it.

I think i'll read for a bit and research white pizza. :)

17. luludou

Missjane my sympathies to you and your family

missjane likes this.